Guitar Center

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst
Westlake Village, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guitar Center in February 2014.

Interview Details Interesting place. I applied online and received an email invitation from an HR rep for a phone interview with her which we scheduled for the next day at 10 am. At 10 am the next day I am waiting by the phone with details of the position in hand so I can discuss it intelligently. No call. After an hour I send an email "sorry I missed your call can we reschedule?", no response, next I call the HR rep and leave a voice mail, still no response. At the end of the day around 5:30ish I get an email from the recruiter apologizing for missing the interview but something came up and could we reschedule for the next day. I responded that would be fine and she could call anytime. Nothing. More emails and phone messages and still nothing. I can understand that people are busy and things come up but the lack of common courtesy and professionalism after missing the second call was very disappointing and could be indicative of how people are treated in this corporation.

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Guitar Center in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online got an email from a Recuriter telling me about a new store that was coming to my area set up an phone interview with the Recuriter shortly after I was contacted by the store manager we had a face to face also met with the operations manager we all clicked I was told that if they wanted to hire me I would receive an email within a day or to but later the day I got the email shortly after another phone call with the store manger they paid me according to my experience I started the job 2 weeks later

Interview Question – What type of music do I like   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They paid based off my work history it was high according to what they start people with they asked me to keep it to myself to prevent problems

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in April 2014.

Interview Details Interviews were run of the mill, nothing to unexpected or off the wall. Very laid back, and quick. All questions were typical and easy to answer. Every interview was basically the same questions just different managers.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Greenwood, IN (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview Details An absolute pleasure and informative interview. Gary at the Greenwood Indiana store did my interview and guided me through the hiring process. No one could ever ask for a better boss. Cat makes you feel like family the first time you walk through the door.

Interview Question – There were a couple unexpected questions, most pertained to a situation that was relevant at the time.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Guitar Center in February 2012.

Interview Details Quit simple. basic questions about the instruments depending on which position you apply to. got a little bit technical, but if you know anything about instruments it should be pretty easy. great people.

Systems & Supply Chain Manager Interview

Systems & Supply Chain Manager
Westlake Village, CA (US)

I applied through another source and interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview Details Interviewed with several people and provided with an offer from my managers boss. I was given information on the position and responsibilities and discussed pay and benefits. The environment was pleasant and the opportunity seemed interesting and challenging.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Concord, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in January 2013.

Interview Details Depends on the store you try to apply for. Most stores hold open interviews on a certain day so go in and ask when they hold them. Don't overdress but don't also come looking like a slob. Eye contact is key and be confident. Like Apple, they're looking for personality. Not a know-it-all.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult part about working with others? What's the part about working with people that you enjoy the most?

Tell us the last time you were late.

Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer or friend.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a set pay structure with possible added bonuses based off your performance.

Kirkland, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guitar Center in May 2010.

Interview Details I was a customer that knew more than the other sales people on the floor and would often help. This caught the attention of the store manager who offered me a job.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was leaving the job I had, which I liked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I had to be willing to accept their entry level pay.

Sales Associate In Professional Audio Interview

Sales Associate In Professional Audio
Brea, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in October 2012.

Interview Details I applied digitally and then went in for one of the open interviews and bugged the store manager for a few weeks. Black Friday came around and I was brought in as a temp and was hired on full time after a month in Pro Audio.

Interview Question – Do you know how to sell?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really a negotiation.

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guitar Center in July 2010.

Interview Details Interview with Sales Manager and Store Manager. But this was in 2003...

Interview Question – Gear knowledge questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was not one

Worked for Guitar Center? Contribute to the Community!