Gulfstream Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated 10 Sep 2014
Updated 10 Sep 2014

2.9

Technical Data Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Appleton, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

Applied and was interviewed about three weeks later. Interview was with HR associatr and two managers connected with the job. They were veey friendly and made me feel more comfortable despite my nervousness. It was generally in the Critical Behavior style interview. A week and a half later i was notified i was not chosen for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where it was difficult to work with _______. What did you do to overcome that difficulty? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe something in your past experience that helps you today. How does it help you today?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Recruiter contacted me. Interview was standard asking about background and experience. This is the initial stage before being sent to the hiring manager. Not technical, but recruiters are very knowledgeable of Gulfstream and about the open position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just discuss background in how it pertains to the position.   Answer Question

CollegeMechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I applied for a summer internship at Gulfstream Aerospace in Long Beach somewhere around late December. Gulfstream was having its online job application system revamped so it took a while until I heard from them. An interview was set up by the HR representative in late March. I was interviewed by the manager and senior lead. Interview started with me giving a brief intro about myself, and then what I knew about Gulfstream. Then followed by generic interview questions like Why Gulfstream? Why should we hire you? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Why are you pursuing the degree that you are pursuing in college?

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? Have you worked in a team environment before? If yes, elaborate on the experience.   View Answer
    The intern pay was already set, so I didn't negotiate. Since I was out of state, I was offered corporate housing in a GREAT place by the company for the entire duration of the internship. The internship experience was also awesome. It started slow with practice and tutorials but once I learned some of the design tools used by the company, I started real work. I did pretty much the same work that other entry level engineers did, and so I am proud to say that my designs are actually used on the production aircraft. The work environment was super fun and super supportive. People were super laidback, and welcoming. i looked forward to everyday of work. The internship was an IDEAL internship that any intern would expect to get. I would love to go back to this company at this site.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Applied online, was forwarded to the hiring manager in a little over a week. Two weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview. It was scheduled for a week later. I was told it would be with three people but there was only one person that called me. The manager seemed to be very interested and upbeat at the end of the conversation, but five days later I was denied.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to deal with customers needs versus your own.   Answer Question

Cabinet Finisher II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ban Phone Savang (Laos)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in July 2014.

I received a phone asking if I was available that week to fly out for an interview. I said yes. 20 mins later they retracted the interview and decided on a phone interview instead. I got a call a week later with their offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what where the brands that I used in my shop (I guess to see if we were "professional" or "amateurs")   Answer Question
    • What is your finishing process?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Gulfstream?   View Answer
    Difficult to negotiate when they haven't seen your work ethic. Although, I am going to ask for relocation assistance.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in July 2014.

This was my 53rd job application! I almost gave up on this company. It is incredibly hard to get into as a direct hire. Only after I got hired did I learn of the presence of contractors here. Those positions are much easier to get into..
    Anyways, I applied for this position in February 2014 and my first day was in September 2014. So, yes, it takes a while.
    I was consistently not getting any interviews from them, even though I knew that I was very well qualified for some positions. I had some inside contacts who I nudged to help me get in touch with HR. Nothing really happened. Then, one fine day in May, an HR person emails me inquiring my availability for an entry level engineering positions. Uhm, yes please!
    I breezed through the phone and in person interview and I got the job! The phone interview was with three engineers. This took place in June. I kept up with them, and asked about the next steps and voila! I was invited for an interview in July.
    Two weeks later, I was offered a position. A month later, after drug test and background checks, I started working here!

Interview Questions
    • Most of them are behavioral. Gulfstream is very customer oriented. They emphasize personality, creativity and team player attitude more than your intellect. That being said, I don't think they even bother interviewing candidates without the pertinent experiences/skill sets.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a $1500 raise at this entry level engineering job. I also negotiated my relocation and renters package as a lump sum sign-in bonus of $8000.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savanna, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savanna, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in June 2014.

I was invited to in person interview 2 weeks after initial phone interview. I was flown to savannah and stay in hotel for 1 night. a panel of 2 interview me for 30 min and the hiring manager took about 1 hour to tour the facility and made me feel like they were really interested in me but my gut feeling was telling something else. And I was right! The next day after interview, I noticed the online job status has changed to " no longer considered ". These folks had already gotten their candidate. I was just there to help them comply with their claim of equal opportunity employer. The most disgusting thing in all this is to have a manager bringing you in just for ceremonial purposes.

Interview Questions
    • General behavior questions and why you are the best candidate. No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Aircraft Technician I Repair Station Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in June 2014.

Applied online and about 3 weeks got a call for a interview on June 18, 2014. I was interviewed by two people both of them were professional and laid back during the interview. Its been about a month since then and haven't heard anything back from it.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions such as why you want to work there and info about your work experience.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

First you get a call from HR to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager, if passed, then you go on site and interview with a panel of a few employees who would ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult and I did not experience targeted selection/behavioral interviews.   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in May 2014.

The interview process is relatively progressive when it comes to communication. I applied in February of 2014 for an open intern position. I received an email in late April explaining that my resume was sent to a hiring manager. About a week and a half later, in the beginning of May, I received a phone call to set up a phone interview.

The interview went rather smoothly. I know a lot of history about the company and have a deep understanding of the organizational culture. This is a very prestigious organization and the place I truly wish to establish my career, so you can imagine my anxiety and nervousness when the phone rang. However, preparation helped to maneuver the interview into a comfortable place.

I first received an email from the career center that the hiring manager was reviewing the results of the interviews. The very next afternoon I received a call from HR that they had an offer. I really appreciate their communication process because, being an interviewee, it is crucial and helps to curb anxiousness.

Interview Questions
    • I was well prepared, but I struggle with "Tell me about yourself." Understand that this questions usually catches people off guard, so have a 90 second speech ready!   View Answer

Worked for Gulfstream Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!