Gulfstream Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated 28 Apr 2015

2.8

Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (Savannah, GA (US)).

Interview

I applied online after searching six sigma positions. I then waited several weeks before I was given a call offering up an interview. I drove down, and was reimbursed for mileage and per diem for the days I was down here. It was a 3 person panel interview, had a list of standard questions that they asked round robin style. Then was given a tour of the facility. A few weeks later I was given a call offering the position. I was happy with the salary, but asked for more vacation, which was turned down. I still accepted.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you inherited a project that was late to get it back on track?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is most important when working on projects?   Answer Question

Materials Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview

The company wanted specific details on the ability to perform job. Interview was a challenge and I suggest you have documented measures of success prior to the formal interview. The interview was conducted by a panel of employees with support from the human resource department. They did not focus on traditional questions like what are your weaknesses or strengths.

Interview Questions

• How did you implement lean manufacturing in a project and what were the results?   Answer Question

Inventory Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (Appleton, WI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Friday after the job was posted on a Thursday. Was called the next week for an interview the follwoing week. This went much quicker than usual as most jobs are up much longer and gain more candidates.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time you went above and beyond for a customer request.   1 Answer
    • Are you good with computer programs?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you were asked to do something that was against safety or security regulations. What did you do and how did they respond?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview

The hiring manager interviewed me over phone for 45 minutes. The questions were very straight forward about my co-op experience and academics. I was also quizzed with routine behavioural questions like Why do you want to work in Gulfstream, tell me about yourself etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview

Applied for the position through school's career development department, then spoke to the representatives at the campus career fair. I was then contacted a few days later by email asking when I would be available for an on campus interview. The interview was pretty laid back and the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a team and what challenges your team overcame.   Answer Question

Summer R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus career fair -> interview -> online app -> "forwarded to hiring manager" -> phone interview -> (now).
    Fairly laid back interview(first)
    mainly behavioural questions.
    asked a lot about resume

phone interview
    -asked all about resume
    -several people on phone

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2015.

Interview

Took about 30min it was a panel interview over the phone. They asked me a few behavioral questions and wanted to know more about my background. I connected with the panel by just being myself but professional and being honest. Within 5min of getting off the phone they called me with an offer.

HRG Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview

Standard Telephone followed by in-person interview. Standard behavioral questions. Questions are really based upon the position and hiring manager. Not a difficult or unusual process. The processes may vary by geographic location. With Savannah, GA being the HDQ, the remote locations are a bit more focused.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You're able to counter.

College Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview

Wasn't too bad, very relaxed and straight forward. Interviewed on campus and received a phone call with the offer two weeks later. Start date was delayed because I couldn't find my high school diploma.

Interview Questions

• They asked a trick question, wasn't hard. Just to keep me on my toes.   Answer Question

Coop Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in November 2014.

Interview

I attended a career fair and talked to a representative. I was told about the opportunities available and how to apply online. That night, I got a call asking for an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• It was laid back, more of a conversation than an interview   Answer Question