H E B

Updated 11 Jan 2015
Updated 11 Jan 2015

2.4

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

I filled out a detailed application online, then about A week later I was contacted by a manager and did an impromptu interview over the phone. I was contacted about a week later to come into the local hen for an on-site interview. This interview was as much a job orientation as it was an interview. I was shown the ropes of the trade and before I left was told I could start within the following week.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H E B.

First step was that I put my application online, there was a group interview a little annoying because it was more public. The group interview had a bunch of managers looking back now feels like a bunch of people looking at your weakness almost trying to make you trip somewhat reflects the management system now.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions really just trying to ask if you will go out of your way for customers   View Answer
    don't take the job it really not worth it, the managers think they are offering a lot but in reality working overnight stocker sucks,

Accounting/Finance Specialist III Interview

First Interview was a panel interview with 3 people which was kind of nerve racking but everyone in the interview room was very laid back. Second interview is with the controller; make sure you have a great question for them to answer.

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Basic Questions. First was a phone call to confirm interview. Got it at 4 then attented. Such questions as describe yourself, a time you helped someone, how can you contribute to the company. I had to sell a product after presenting myself toward managers and group.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B.

I was brought into a room with about 10 other people and we all introduced ourselves out loud. Then we drew a picture of where we saw ourselves working in the store and then we sold the product we had in front of us to the group

Accelerated Software Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

I had submitted my application online but had also handed them my resume during a local career fair. I believe the application online was enough to get through to the first round as I was very brief in talking with them at the fair.

Round one consisted of a non-technical phone interview which lasted roughly 15-20 minutes with maybe 8 questions. Here's the 4 I remember:

What are your future goals?

Why do you want to work at HEB?

What's been your favorite class?

Give an example of a project you've had to use C++?

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a project you've had to use C++ for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

Filled out an online application, about a week and a half later was called in for an interview. Went to the interview had standard questions like , Why do you want to work for HEB, what would you do if you caught another employee stealing, etc. I was upbeat and happy during the interview and got my 2nd interview on the spot and was told I had to wait on my background check. Waited about a week and a few days then received a phone call asking if I was still interested in the position which I said yes. Went to HEB to fill out about 1 1/2 hours of paperwork then scheduled a time to come back for training on computer, they give you five hours to finish it, it took me 4. Then they show you 3 classes to pick times for, Alcohol Sellers Training 2.5 hours, Checker 1 training 5 hours, Checker 2 training 5 hours. For the Checker training bring good shoes as you will be standing on a concrete floor the entire time. Pay period runs Monday- Sunday then you get paid the following Thursday by direct deposit.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a bad customer experience and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Based on experience with retail, I had none so 9.50 to start.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

Called me a few weeks later when I applied online, got the first interview set up and was all about getting to know me and identifying what was going on in photos in a picturebook, passed the first phase and then a few days later got a call to meet and be interview with the store director. I asked a lot about the activities of the store and is it on a daily basis. It was all about getting to know me and how I respond to challenges and would be proactive in the store events. Then on the spot the director asked me to allow a background check and then when it came back they would schedule me for new hire paperwork. Was so excited! Came back three days later and signed all the paperwork during orientation and then was trained and then scheduled to work within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think they were any too difficult questions. But they asked these which could give challenge. What was the most fulfilling thing you have done and when do you go out of your way to help someone and to explain.   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

I applied online after I was in the store and saw signs up that they were hiring. I received a phone call the next day from a lady who asked if I had time to answer some questions. She had all my work history in front of her, and asked me if I worked at each place. Which I thought was weird because it was all yes/no questions. "I see you used to work at this restaurant, is that correct?" - "Yes Ma'am" - "And before that you worked at this place, correct?" - "Yes Ma'am"

After "verifying" my work history, she asked me what I thought it took to be a cashier at HEB. And then she said "fabulous! Well I'm doing pre-screen phone interviews, and will call potential candidates by the end of the week for in-store interviews. If you don't hear anything by Friday, you can assume you didn't get the job."

Ten minutes after this phone call I received a rejection email.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

Brief phone interview with an in-person interview the next morning. They ask questions you'd expect- why you want to work for HEB, what you think makes HEB stand out from other stores, what you like about customer service, what traits you think someone in this position should have, etc. They also showed a couple photos of situations and asked what you would do if you were in them.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult part about customer service?   Answer Question
    Pay rate is set.