H&M

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&M in September 2014.

I applied through an advertisement placed by a recruiter for a new store opening. The recruiter conducted a quick five minute phone interview before booking me in for a time at H&M's Assessment Centre.

At the Assessment Centre, I filled in a form asking for the type of position I was after (full-time, part-time, casual), my availability to start and to attend training in Melbourne, two references and any health conditions that could impact on my ability to work. The interview itself was a group one. After going around the circle and revealing one weird fact about ourself (we didn't need to introduce ourselves), we were given coloured ribbons to tie onto ourselves as identifiers.

The first scenario (10 minutes) involved a late delivery of stock. We had to organise clothing onto two racks and a front table while responding to customer queries, "manager" feedback and other situations. The second scenario (10 minutes) was to create a window display right before open, as all the Visual Merchandisers had called in sick. The final scenario (approximately 30-40 minutes) had us brainstorm solutions to various problems that could occur in store, in the absense of management.

Interview Questions
    • You notice an employee smoking in the stock room. What would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in September 2014.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward yet unusual.

Position was advertised on Job listing website, received an email about a week later detailing there would be a "assessment centre" happening (so like a group interview)

Group interview was different to what was initially expected, 3 tasks involved with the assessment first one touching on organisation skills general team work (how loud and commanding you can be) second part assessing visual merchandising skills, how well you can adhere to instructions and accommodate sudden change and third part going over ability to brain storm and come to a conclusion based on group discussion (once again who can put forward their opinion the loudest and clearest)

received a phone call 3 days later offering a position as sales advisor then sent contracts day after.

Nothing was on offer to negotiate.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

telephone interview with a person from head office; first interview in store with the visual manager and department supervisor; second interview in store with the visual manager again and assistant manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself; What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

Présentation 10min on the company than video " in the Life of a sales advisor at Zara"
    Than some one from the company asked 2 questions in a 1 to 1 interview . The recrutement process was a joke. They didn't tried to get to know the applicants

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

I was contacted within 2 weeks of applying online. First I was contacted to do a quick phone interview. I was then called into the store to do an interview. I only had to do one interview with a department manager whereas other employees had to do a follow up interview. I was asked typical customer service questions. They also expect you to do research on the company.

International Talent Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

What seemed like a great opportunity, I committed myself to the recruitment process. It first began with a 45min interview, after which I was invited to take a skills test. I scored above average on the lengthy test, and looked forward to an answer determining if I would be invited to the final assessment. I waited and then emailed my HR contact as the final assessment date got closer, to which she never responded to, unlike my past inquiries. The date passed by with no response.
    I understand not responding to the countless applications H&M receive, but to not follow up on a candidate that has sacrificed time to be partake in interviews and test is disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was straight forward.
      Why do you want to work in the fashion industry?

Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

1 to 1 personal interview. He asked questions like "Tell about a time you helped out a customer and what did you do," or "Tell about a customer asked for a size on a shirt and we did not carry it what would you do in that situation." They really look at what your wearing so make sure you are updated on fashion and make sure you keep a smile and eye contact the whole interview. It was easy and simple interview just make sure you know what to say and be confident!

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you did not like a co worker and what would you do about it   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

Interview process consisted of 3 sessions (3 days).

Questions:
    -what are your strength and weaknesses?
    -what would you bring to the company?
    -how to deal with in work drama (with customers and coworkers)
    -how will your past employment experience would assist you with this position? (examples)
    -what were task you had to do at your past place of employment?
    -why do you want to work at H&M?

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with in work drama (with customers and coworkers)   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Interview was very simple. Just dress fashionably and be yourself and you'll nail it.
    -Interview was tailored more about who I am and wanted to see if I would be a good fit to their company.

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in January 2015.

I applied online on the 19/1/15 and heard back on 28/1/15 so very quick. The interview over the phone was very quick and simple. I have now been asked to come I to the store for a 1-1 interview.