H&M

Updated 21 Jan 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&M in September 2014.

I applied through an advertisement placed by a recruiter for a new store opening. The recruiter conducted a quick five minute phone interview before booking me in for a time at H&M's Assessment Centre.

At the Assessment Centre, I filled in a form asking for the type of position I was after (full-time, part-time, casual), my availability to start and to attend training in Melbourne, two references and any health conditions that could impact on my ability to work. The interview itself was a group one. After going around the circle and revealing one weird fact about ourself (we didn't need to introduce ourselves), we were given coloured ribbons to tie onto ourselves as identifiers.

The first scenario (10 minutes) involved a late delivery of stock. We had to organise clothing onto two racks and a front table while responding to customer queries, "manager" feedback and other situations. The second scenario (10 minutes) was to create a window display right before open, as all the Visual Merchandisers had called in sick. The final scenario (approximately 30-40 minutes) had us brainstorm solutions to various problems that could occur in store, in the absense of management.

Interview Questions
    • You notice an employee smoking in the stock room. What would you do?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in September 2014.

The hiring process was pretty straight forward yet unusual.

Position was advertised on Job listing website, received an email about a week later detailing there would be a "assessment centre" happening (so like a group interview)

Group interview was different to what was initially expected, 3 tasks involved with the assessment first one touching on organisation skills general team work (how loud and commanding you can be) second part assessing visual merchandising skills, how well you can adhere to instructions and accommodate sudden change and third part going over ability to brain storm and come to a conclusion based on group discussion (once again who can put forward their opinion the loudest and clearest)

received a phone call 3 days later offering a position as sales advisor then sent contracts day after.

Nothing was on offer to negotiate.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

Interview process consisted of 3 sessions (3 days).

Questions:
    -what are your strength and weaknesses?
    -what would you bring to the company?
    -how to deal with in work drama (with customers and coworkers)
    -how will your past employment experience would assist you with this position? (examples)
    -what were task you had to do at your past place of employment?
    -why do you want to work at H&M?

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with in work drama (with customers and coworkers)   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Interview was very simple. Just dress fashionably and be yourself and you'll nail it.
    -Interview was tailored more about who I am and wanted to see if I would be a good fit to their company.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

Went into the store and applied. A couple days later i was called to come in for a face to face interview. Went into the interview and got the job on the spot, just needed to submit for a background check. Couple days later the background check came back and was cleared, and we started the final hiring process.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Applied online to UK store and didn't hear anything back for maybe 2 weeks. Got phone call from the store manager and had a short interview asking questions like why h&m, my availability, what do you know about company, previous work experience. Was asked to come in for store interview. Pretty standard questions again why would i be a good fit, experience, availability, what do you know about company how many hours would you work. I was then invited back for a trial shift which included doing delivery, fitting rooms and some sales floor work. Offered job on spot after this.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in two words, why should we hire you   Answer Question
    None

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

I submitted my application online and was contacted a week later. The interview process was fast. She asked me a few behavior questions and had me sign background check papers.

Interview Questions
    • What are you expecting from H&M if you were to work here.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied for a position with H&M. I received an email detailing that I was not a candidate due to the fact that they are seeking "energetic" people. And my qualifications did not match. I have had many years of experience in the field of which they advertised for in this position. However, I may not be in my 20's...they clearly have age discriminating practices company. I am appalled at their response and would never endorse anyone to apply for any position as they certainly do not value experienced professionals.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H&M.

I applied online and got a call 2 days later to schedule a one-on-one interview with one of the managers, which was the next day. I went in for the interview, which lasted about 20-25. She talked to me about what working there is gonna be like and asked me a few questions about my experiences in my previous job. After the interview was over she had me fill out a sheet for a background check. She said they will call me when it cleared.
          After a couple weeks they called me back to meet for a second time. This actually turned out to be a job offer and we discussed how much my wage is going to be (way better than my last job). The next day I just had to come in to fill out paperwork and i am now officially an H&M employee!

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M in November 2014.

I filled out an application online and received a phone interview about an hour later, i was asked to explain my role at previous jobs and my availability. I was then invited to come in for a in person interview the next day (Friday). When I got there I was interviewed by two managers they both asked questions such as: Why H&M?, What do you expect from H&M? Name a time you presented good customer service? What didn't you like about your previous job? and my availability,(kinda similar to the phone interview) they also took notes. After the interview I signed a background check form and was told that I would receive a call within one week once my background check came back. To my surprise they called me on Monday and asked me to come in for a second interview that Wednesday where I was offered the job. They started me with $11.50. The process took less than a week!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you made a positive change at your job?   View Answer
    No negotiation, 11.50 was already breathtaking for me.