H&M

167 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shopfitter Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in January 2011.

Interview Details Unorthodox interview process to date. First interview was an impromptu interview over the phone. Second interview was with the regional head office via skype. Both interviewers were pleasant and down to earth.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in May 2012.

Interview Details A telephone interview, 3 other interviews, and a background check

Interview Question – When is a time you hard a difficult customer, and how did you handle them?   View Answer

Business Trainee Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in March 2014.

Interview Details I was a participant at an interview day. it started of with a one on one interview where they asked about what shaped me as a kid, my interests and CV related questions. Then we went on to case solutions, where there were 5 different cases. the first was what three advices would you give our CEO, then there were two numerical cases, pretty basic. After that we got a plan over a h&m store and we had to give our input on how it could look better. Lastly strategic case question. After the case session we had a group interview where questions like what are you most proud of? what has been hurdle in your life that you have overcome? what was your favorite subject at uni? and least favorite and why? They were very nice and welcoming. Moving on there were some tests, like numerical and logical and after that interviews one on one again with a bc.

Interview Question – three advices to our CEO. A cardigan is 299, we can lower it to 249 and then we will get a discount at the dealer with 20% so the new buying price will be 150. how much do we have to sell to break even and should we make the deal?   Answer Question

Business Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details Group interview with one part of case, one personialty and one achivments

Interview Question – What kind of values had you brouht from home?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

Interview Details PHONE INTERVIEW AND TWO IN PERSONS.

Negotiation Details – I was actually surprised at the amount they offered me. It was two dollars over my asking. so I didn't negotiate. But i have heard from others that negotiating is difficult with this company.

Business Controller Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details Group interview at H&M office

Interview Question – 1. What are suppliers' expectations?
2. What suggestions would you give to H&M's CEO?
  Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in August 2010.

Interview Details application on line, then if passed telephone call by HR, then formal interview

Interview Question – none really   View Answer

Negotiation Details – straight up offer of salary , no negotiation

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details My initial interview was over the phone with a recruiter in L.A. The interview went well and the recruiter was easy to talk to and outgoing. He then scheduled me for an in person interview about 3 days later
When I first reached the store, I was surprised how busy it was. When I found a sales associate to tell me I was there for an interview, he complemented me on being on time. However, the manager was not. He had apparently written down the wrong time for our interview (should have been a sign) and I had to wait around for 30 minutes.
The interview was pretty basic. First you have to fill out a basic background check. He asked me about my previous jobs, what retail experience I had. He then asked how I would deal with difficult customers and difficult situation. Basic retail interview. I felt I did really well and he told me he would contact me in a few days. However, I never heard anything; not even a sorry you didn't get the job. I am convinced they do not hire anyone over 30, that's the only reason I'm sure I didn't get the job-I have years of experience.

Interview Question – Are you okay with moving between working in the back room and working on the floor?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in October 2011.

Interview Details Online applications only. Interviews are usually two to three. Personally, I interviewed with a supervisor first, the second interview was with a store manager, and the third interview was actually the job offer and it was with a store manager from a different store. Neither managers were employed at what would later be my home store.

Interview Question – All questions were reasonable and relevant to the job position.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details 1st interview was over the phone and really basic with typical questions. Experience, Lateness, why H&M? 2nd interview was similar just one on one with the same questions and talking about availability.

Interview Question – Describe a time a sales associate went above and beyond for you. (which was a little hard considering this is NY)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&M interview questions and advice. All 167 interview reviews are posted anonymously by H&M employees and interview candidates.