HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Technical round,Manager round and HR round.
    Asked Testing process,Development model,STLC,Defect tracking tool,defect types,Defect analysis,reports preparation,Enhancement testing,Regarding build and release,about CTF,Share point,Loadrunner,Measurements,counters,Run time settings,controller,Ramup and ramp down,Pacing,Thinktime,Throughput,Hits per second,cuncorrent users,rendones point,miscelanious,IP Sfoping,Scedule by scenario,group by scenario,overlay group,difference between think time and responce time.

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2014.

I cleared first round of interview for QTP profile that took near an hour. In first round interviewer asked good number of technical questions and I answered 90% of them correct.

In second round interviewer asked only one question which was totally out of my profile. He did not asked any question after the first one and only because I was the third person came from my current organization (he already interviewed two who were from my organization and he selected both of them asking no question out profile), he gave my negative feedback. He did not give me any chance to answer any question except first (which was last question from his side).

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

written test,Group discussion, personal interview which mostly was concentrated on knowing about us and some questions on the engineering topics and questions depend upon the stream you belong and then some of the written exams were conducted before giving the joining again for our batch

Interview Questions
    • being electronics engineer questions were based on communication and electronic devices   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

There are three rounds of interview first round is just a simple, normal introduction round in which candidate would be sitting in a group and HR would take interview one by one and second round would be a teliphonic round in which they again check communication skills over the phone and the last round would be operation round technical round

Interview Questions
    • There was no question which I would say difficult they simply ask about yourself and some common technical question   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

There is only one interview. Questions are very general to make sure that you have a basic knowledge of IT. Staff are super friendly during interview process. It does take a very long time to get on boarded.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is how long do you see yourself in this position.   Answer Question
    I did not get a chance to negotiate. Pay is really high compared to industry standard.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Hiring is done through written test for aptitude and logic reasoning test followed by group discussion and personal interview. All together process is comfortable. Total process is carried out in a week. First after application submission, You will be call for written test and after screening, selected candidate will go through group discussion and interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

First Technical Round Of Interview

Second Technical + Managerial round of Interview

Third HR Discussion.

Do not expect much salary in HR Discussion & no guarantee of receiving offer letter even if you have cleared all the rounds.

Note : - In my case after one month of HR discussion i got the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing new same old interview questions like reason for change , challenges faced , current roles & responsibilities etc...   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

Steps:
    1. AMCAT TEST(simple RS AGARWAL or math4fun.com)
    2. Tech Round(main focus on project, said comfortable with java so asked related to java, write program for Quick sort, merge sort so prepare well)
    3. HR (why hcl?)

too much delay, becoz they want Human resource not a Human being and call select candidates based on need. so join FB GROUP(usually some one creates it like HCL TECHNOLOGIES 2014 BATCH) to be updated regarding call letter, offer letter, service aggrement, DOJ

Interview Questions
    • all service based comps check your basics only but have good idea of main project   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

Interview process went on with 3rd round. 1st was a telephonic and F2F in which i went to Hyderabad HCL, HR confereced to chennai team. On monday i got call from HR saying i was selected and discussed about Salary negiotations. the process on July 24th & ends by July 28th. Still I have not received offer letter

Interview Questions
    • why team is not giving response to my email/phone call?   View Answer

Core Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in August 2014.

HCL through AMCAT starts with an online test which consist of four sections.
    Computer Programming
    Quantitative Aptitude
    Logical Reasoning
    English

Questions in Computer programming are basically on C and Data Structure.
    Basic code in C to find error or incomplete code.
    Data Structure has basic questions on sorting algorithms, trees.

Quantitative was easy (but keep practicing)
    Logical reasoning has questions mainly on ODD one Out
    English is time consuming specially Passages.
    prepare English well otherwise you will face problem in this section.
    (Time could be a problem So do practice).

Next round will be F2F technical round.
    This you cannot say what he/she gonna ask.
    Prepare Your Project with coding (Not all coding but basics).
    Be good in whatever you mentioned in your resume.(C,C++ ,Java, SQL, PL/SQL).
    Be honest in writing your hobbies too.

next will be HR Round.

Those guys are really good. They create a good environment in interview. Try to speak in soft and polite manner. Don't shout. Clear with your answers and say truth as much as possible (English is mandatory).

Then all you can do is wait. If you are selected then they will mail you but if not you will not get any regret mail.

All over Company is Good. Provide decent salary as a fresher.

Interview Questions

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!