HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.9

BI Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Sydney) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview was fine, I am extremely experienced and they offered me the position the next day.

It was the onboarding process which blew my mind, and I turned down the job as a result.

This company apparently regards employees as chattel. They demanded copies of previous payslips, a wad of personal financial information, the names of my parents. To cap it off, they wanted me to sign a privacy waiver giving them FULL access to all my information at any previous job, including payroll information (!).

This was on top of the full police check, and wanting to know my student ID from university (!)

I have no idea what planet this company comes from, but they have a serious attitude problem towards employees.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Had joined the company as a fresher.
    Hence basic process of interview was aptitude test followed by technical round and HR round.
    The results were out on the same day with an appointment letter in hand.

Interview

I had given my first round of interview as telepjonic after clear that interview , They called me for the 2nd rounf of interview for face to face . It was a technical interview once i had cleared the 2nd technical round . Then it was the final HR tound. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked question from .net mvc   1 Answer

Gem Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The first round was a 15 minutes group presentation with Q&A in the end. The company released the topic one day before the interview. An individual HR interview was followed, which supposed to be 15 minutes but in my case it went up to 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What interests you to enter IT industry? Talk about your personal interests. Give an story about crisis management.   Answer Question

They had never been punctual when I was in the process. It was disgraceful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)).

Interview

The process involved AMCAT test and then after few days I was invited for HR interview, followed by a group discussion. The group discussion had a group of 9 people. A scenario was given and then everyone had to share their thoughts

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

First the took written test then then a face to face interview. That consists of the knowledge of Java, C++, PHP etc and then questions on logical reasoning and day to day problem handling. First the saw my behavior and way of talking and problem handling ability and my typing speed of codes and told me to make a program of scientific calculator. And they finally get impressed and they strike a deal and finally after bargaining i got the job. And i am finally happy with the job.

Interview Questions

• What looks like a half apple   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please try to negotiate your payments as they are very less as compared to their giving ability. They want that their employees should know their capacities.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Camus placement was done in the University. we had the written round initially followed by the technical round and last was the HR Round. out of 160+ candidates only 16 of them got through.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview and 1 HR round. Interview process was simple and fast. My interview started at around 9:30 AM and it got completed at around 10:45 AM with all the rounds.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HCL Technologies (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got call from a Recruiting agency regarding the vacancies in HCL.
    There were two rounds.First online test and Second F2F technical interview.
    Many candidates were there so only Online test was done from me.F2F was done other day.

Interview Questions

• Online test - Multiple choice questions on Linux basics.Simple questions.
      F2F - Questions on Boot process,RAID,LVM,Storage etc

Answer Question

MSBI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HCL Technologies (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Worst interview process with HCL i hav been waited for 8 hrs to attend the first round of interview and it was on a festival day, HCL has completly ruined my festival by asking me to wait for 8 hours