HSBC Holdings

Updated 27 Feb 2015
Updated 27 Feb 2015

2.9

Graduate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

3 individual interviews including one case study interview and two business interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The greatest challenge you have faced and how do you addressed it.   Answer Question

Exotic Trading Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

2 rounds.
    First round: I have met 2 guys lasting 2 hours: one IT (45mn) then one Trader (1h15).
    Second round (1week later): I have meet the 2 same guys and their managing director

Interview Questions
    • If you are long Best Of. Are you short or long correl?   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

There was a brief phone call then the next step was a panel interview. The phone call was easy and the interviewer was very friendly and personable. When I went to the HSBC offices for the second interview, there was a panel of 3 people. Afterwards, I spoke with current participants in the development program. They were all very nice.

SummerResearch Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Standard competency based questions. Why HSBC? Why this particular division? Teamwork example. A bit on previous work experience. The question I liked least was: Give an example of a time you stood up for what you believe in and encouraged others to stand up as well - it's good to have an example in advance.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you stood up for what you believe in and encouraged others to stand up as well.   Answer Question

Summer Work Experience Interview

You apply through like the normal HSBC platform and then you submit your CV so that you wait for the HR to respond to you. Then I think it is around 1 to 2 weeks later. The HR will contact you to arrange a telephone interview with you. and because of the time difference, it was really early in the morning for me and the interview went pretty smoothly.

RBWM Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

applied online, got to pass two online test( numerical & logical) one by one, two weeks later got the telephone interview, which you can choose the time you like. It went through for 30 minutes. The interviewer ask a lot of things about your understanding of the programme and about yourself. So better prepare your motivation and strength.

Interview Questions
    • why HSBC?
      why this programme?
      your understanding of this programme.
      the core values of HSBC.

Global Private Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Online application with 5 questions which take quite a lot to be prepared.
    Then SHL numerical test. Telephone interview and Assessment Center.

About the telephone interview, the questions were the following:
    What are your key drivers in applying for Asset Management at HSBC?
    What does an Asset Manager do?
    What have you researched about HSBC?
    What is one advantage HSBC possesses over its competitors.
    How important is creativity in the banking industry?
    Describe a recent news article you have been following. (I spoke about the US QE and then she asked me questions on what I said, asking me to expand on why did I think the US will bring QE forward and why does the US economy need to be boosted).
    What will the world be like in 2050?
    What will be the new frontier markets then?
    How will this affect HSBC?
    How will this affect the banking industry as a whole?
    Why are company values important?
    What company values do you think are important?
    What was the biggest challenge you faced?
    Tell me about a time you worked in a challenging team environment. What did you do to overcome the issues?
    Tell me about a time you put a creative idea into action. What did you learn?
    What other firms did you apply to and how far are you in their recruitment process?

Interview Questions
    • How important is creativity in the banking industry?

Securities Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied online, a whole load of open questions. They were very efficient, invited to telephone interview one week after completing online tests. The telephone interview was intense, I was asked to finish in 30min, no matter how far I go through the questions. They emailed me 10min after the telephone interview that I have met the requirements, and invited me to the assessment centre one week later. Since I got an offer from somewhere else, I withdrew the application and hope this give others some chance.

Interview Questions
    • What will the world be like in 2050, and why does this connected to HSBC?   Answer Question

Procurement Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2015.

The assessment day consisted of 2 interviews - value-based and competency-based. The value-based interview consisted of questions regarding what procurement is all about and the three main values of hsbc - opennes , being connected and doing the right thing. Then I was set in a group of six other candidates and we were given a ase study and had to reach a consensus within 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • - example of persuasive, negotiation skills
      - organising time
      - making a difficult decision
      - working under pressure
      -improving a process

Retail Banking and Wealth Management Interview

After the initial application you are invited to take two tests depending on the position. Afterwards if successful you get a competency based phone interview and then an assessment. The assessment consists of various interviews as well as a report and a group exercise