HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct 2014
Updated 9 Oct 2014

2.9

Graduate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

3 individual interviews including one case study interview and two business interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The greatest challenge you have faced and how do you addressed it.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Well organised/communicated. All done via secure email. Directions/location/timing communicated clearly. Temp pass given on arrival. First level interview could be either 1:1 or panel. The hiring is process slightly longer I believe as I only went for the first level interview and waiting for the feedback.

Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied on-line. Took numerical test. A month later I was invited for a telephone interview which was standard competency based. After that I was invited to an assessment center.
    The AC:
    About 8 candidates. we took the numerical test again, and then had about 20 minutes to study a business case, which we had to present our opinions on to an employee. you have 4 interviews which candidates rotate between (analyst (competency), a line manager (technical), another manager (competency), and a HR guy (case study presentation))
    Very friendly and professional in general.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain about products offered by the division applied to   Answer Question

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2014.

Once passing the online application, you are given an online assessment, then onto a telephone interview if successful. Then it's onto the face to face interview. The online assessment mainly is a situation judgement test which tests whether you are a good candidate for demonstrating openness, being connected and dependable. The telephone interview is much more personal and is more focused on customer service and the main values of HSBC. Once passed, you may be considered for a face to face interview with the branch/ line manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you have had to be flexible?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I had a phone interview with 3 associates. Then was invited to meet with the group's head. After this HR contacted me again to meet with 4 more people, one Managing Director and 3 Associates. HR has been giving me feedback all along and has kept me up to date on the progress of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions have been mostly about fit and previous experience, no hard technical questions (yet).   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

The hiring process required attending several interviews that took place over a series of weeks in meeting with various management and department personnel. I met with my future team members, my boss, as well as my boss's boss, a very senior person within the organization. Everyone that I met with was very professional and asked challenging questions as well as provided very insightful information regarding the specific role and working environment.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions relating to use of scripting languages and related software packages.   Answer Question
    The offer included a competitive reward package.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

Remotely from overseas. Phone interview with Hiring Manager, WebCam Interview with Hiring Manager and Another Tech Manager, final HR interview over phone.

Very positive experiences. All very professional until final HR interview where a role different to that which I interviewed for was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Covered past experiences and why you would like to do work in HSBC. Some PM type work so knowledge of the different PM methodologies and when you applied them.   Answer Question

Salary on offer

Global Banking and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Apply via internet and they will call you and ask you for the interview. Interview has three sections, grammar test, HR interview and management interview. The interview is quite challenging. Once you fail in the grammar test, you will be told to back home. Else, you can proceed to the next section. The interviewers are friendly, so don't worry about this. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

Have problem with the holiday shifts.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied online through a my college career page and was called back for an interview about 2 months later out of the blue for a part time school year internship

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview, just asked how many hours I can work and tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. Overall it was nothing over ally intense or difficult.   Answer Question