HSBC Holdings

Getting the Interview

256 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details 3 individual interviews including one case study interview and two business interviews.

Interview Question – The greatest challenge you have faced and how do you addressed it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2013.

Interview Details 3 interviews ,pretty quick process, 3/4 week background screening. On boarding is very lacking.

Interview Question – Clearly HR is completely disconnected from hiring managers. None of the important questions HR stressed got asked during interview with hiring manager. A lot of technical questions were asked but none of the skills is needed on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have good skill and confident, you can negotiate good deal but it doesn't mean you will use those skills on the job

GBM Technology Analyst Interview

Interview Details Online application
Online test
Telephone interview
AC

Commercial Banking Officer Interview

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details First the interviewer asks me for basic introduction. Then come to questions about the company and the position you are applying, like why HSBC and why this division. There are also other questions about the company like what do you know know about HSBC and the major competitors. He also asks me about what qualities you possessed to make you suitable for this position.

Interview Question – How can you contribute to HSBC?   Answer Question

Data Management/Procurement Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2012.

Interview Details Onboarding process is mostly offshored and is poor. Typical questions about strengths and weaknesses, situations when you excelled or was faced with a difficult situation should be expected

Interview Question – questions on technical skills related to job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Expect a lower salary band than other tier 1 investement houses

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details Application online-Phone interview-Background check-Face-to-face interview

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions but more about scenario and competency based questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary

Vice President Strategy Interview

Panama, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in July 2010.

Interview Details Efficient process and incentivates people skills

Interview Question – I belive if you are able to addapt ther are no difficult tasks   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Global Procurement Strategy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

Interview Details First applied was sent an online assessment. Passed the assessment, then received an email saying as i didnt bother completing the test I would not go through to next round! Then I called to complain about their system not working, then they arranged what they called an interview, but what really was a psychological examination and sarcastic then had some type of extreme formal telephone psychological interrogation that they called an interview. It sounded like they were clearly looking for reasons NOT to hire you. But thats not an interview, also they asked allot of personal questions. Sorry but my whole view of HSBC as a bank is totally changed now. They called to talk after but i was just not interested anymore. Remember an interview is a two way process, your also assessing them.

Interview Question – They try and get into your head and inflate anything that may remotely be a sign that your human.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Far too many personal questions, and the interiew smake you feel like your waiting in line at mcdonalds. its all black and white with HSBC nothing is realistic questions. I think every major company has the same problems, too big to see their problems.

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online
1st: online reasoning, verbal tests
2nd: phone interview e.g. Competitors, career goal,what is the most important element in teamwork
3rd: face to face interview, not yet conducted

Interview Question – Quite general   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2014.

Interview Details I have just passed the online assessment which consists of first personality test- pretty simple just giving you cases and asking you to choose what you would do for particular situations. then second test was a numerical one- mainly statistical.

I have arranged a telephone interview next week, does anyone know what sort of questions are going to be asked for corporate banking graduate scheme? its for April start.

Interview Question – nothing particularly hard, I think mainly have the three value in mind- being open dependable and connected when answering questions.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at HSBC Holdings

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Holdings interview questions and advice. All 256 interview reviews are posted anonymously by HSBC Holdings employees and interview candidates.