HSBC Holdings

271 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Analyst Interview

Graduate Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details 3 individual interviews including one case study interview and two business interviews.

Interview Question – The greatest challenge you have faced and how do you addressed it.   Answer Question

Global Banking and Marketing Interview

Global Banking and Marketing
Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details Apply via internet and they will call you and ask you for the interview. Interview has three sections, grammar test, HR interview and management interview. The interview is quite challenging. Once you fail in the grammar test, you will be told to back home. Else, you can proceed to the next section. The interviewers are friendly, so don't worry about this. Good luck!!

Interview Question – Need to know about the banking terms.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have problem with the holiday shifts.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2010.

Interview Details Applied online.... got phone call.....went to interview....... got job. It's basic customer service that situational questions. Nothing to be scared about. The company had a great bonus structure.... but changed when the company changed the bonuses changed drastically.

Negotiation Details – straight forward.... hourly

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details Applied online through a my college career page and was called back for an interview about 2 months later out of the blue for a part time school year internship

Interview Question – Very simple interview, just asked how many hours I can work and tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. Overall it was nothing over ally intense or difficult.   Answer Question

HSBC Operational Leadership Graduate Programmer Interview

HSBC Operational Leadership Graduate Programmer

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2014.

Interview Details filling in the application, one numerical test followed by a phone interview and a whole-day AC. questions were very straightforward, following the competencies published on their website. not much technical knowledge required, the interviewer spent 80% of time focusing on competency-based questions e.g. name the time you had a disagreement with someone from your team, how did you resolve it and what did you learn from it, so quite predictable.AC was trickier, as it involves a written report, an exercise in role-playing, group exercise and a final one-to-one interview.

Interview Question – How do you think your acquired skills will benefit HSBC?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2013.

Interview Details First HR contacted me and asked me about my background and working schedule, and set up an appointment for me with the line manager. At the interview, the line manager asked me to go over my resume and discuss about the former working experience I had. After two days, I get the email informed me I was in.

Interview Question – What do you expect to learn from this internship?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2011.

Interview Details First stage is an online application shortly followed by online testing - numerical and reasoning. Then the next stage telephone interview - mainly competency and motivation based. Finally the last stage is an assesment centre which includes a written numerical test, a group exercise, and 2 interviews - one technical/motivation interview and one competency interview.

Interview Question – Discuss the causes of the financial crisis. Discuss a time you were unable to keep to a deadline. Why?   Answer Question

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Financial Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details Online application - Online test - Phone interview - Interview in office. This seems to be not really difficult, prepare carefully and try to get more experience in study or volunteer time to get more activities that you can show to them.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in some situation that you can have 3 HSBC's values?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Technology Interview

Graduate Scheme Technology
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in April 2014.

Interview Details Submitted application online.
Got contacted by recruiting company about two weeks later.
Had to submit online numerical test within 24h.
Had a telephone interview about my interest in technology and how technology can affect HSBC work (10min) with recruiter.
A week later, had a telephone interview with similar topics plus motivation (about 45min).

I thought I didn't pass, but they called me on friday of the same week and book me a place for the assessment centre the next monday.
The AC is all day long, but the first test is a numerical reasoning test (on paper) and if you fail, you have to leave immediatly. Minimum score to pass is 15 out of 20.
Sadly I failed that.

Interview Question – I am good at numerical tests, but was really nervous for the AC and I failed.
This is not the most important part, but if you fail here you are out, so PRACTICE A LOT!
  Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Customer Service Officer

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details 3 Online tests. Numerical(graphs/%/charts) test, comprehension test, situational judgement test. You have to wait for an email to progress to each assignment.

(3 weeks later)
Face-Face 40mins.
Background checks during decision-making process

(3 weeks later)
Feedback on successfully completing interview stage
Offer made and contract emailed

Start date 4 weeks after Contract emailed

Interview Question – Elaborate on a time where you have had to make an improvement   Answer Question

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!