HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.9

Graduate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

3 individual interviews including one case study interview and two business interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The greatest challenge you have faced and how do you addressed it.   Answer Question

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I had a phone interview with 3 associates. Then was invited to meet with the group's head. After this HR contacted me again to meet with 4 more people, one Managing Director and 3 Associates. HR has been giving me feedback all along and has kept me up to date on the progress of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions have been mostly about fit and previous experience, no hard technical questions (yet).   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

Remotely from overseas. Phone interview with Hiring Manager, WebCam Interview with Hiring Manager and Another Tech Manager, final HR interview over phone.

Very positive experiences. All very professional until final HR interview where a role different to that which I interviewed for was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Covered past experiences and why you would like to do work in HSBC. Some PM type work so knowledge of the different PM methodologies and when you applied them.   Answer Question

Salary on offer

Global Banking and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Apply via internet and they will call you and ask you for the interview. Interview has three sections, grammar test, HR interview and management interview. The interview is quite challenging. Once you fail in the grammar test, you will be told to back home. Else, you can proceed to the next section. The interviewers are friendly, so don't worry about this. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

Have problem with the holiday shifts.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied online through a my college career page and was called back for an interview about 2 months later out of the blue for a part time school year internship

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview, just asked how many hours I can work and tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. Overall it was nothing over ally intense or difficult.   Answer Question

Financial Management Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Online application - Online test - Phone interview - Interview in office. This seems to be not really difficult, prepare carefully and try to get more experience in study or volunteer time to get more activities that you can show to them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in some situation that you can have 3 HSBC's values?   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

3 Online tests. Numerical(graphs/%/charts) test, comprehension test, situational judgement test. You have to wait for an email to progress to each assignment.

(3 weeks later)
    Face-Face 40mins.
    Background checks during decision-making process

(3 weeks later)
    Feedback on successfully completing interview stage
    Offer made and contract emailed

Start date 4 weeks after Contract emailed

Interview Questions
    • Elaborate on a time where you have had to make an improvement   Answer Question

Associate, Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2014.

I interviewed in London (UK) and was asked:

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire Online Numerical reasoning Aptitude tests Interviews Assessment Day (including open ended case study).

Prepare before hand if your not familiar with online assessment tests for aptitude and verbal reasoning, they are difficult. Personally i did use (the ultimate career interview) app from App Store.

Interview Questions
    • The Global Markets Director asked a variety of of questions about expected "best in class" margins for their line of business and seemed to expect detailed knowledge in this area even though this level of inside knowledge was not mentioned as a prerequisite and did not appear particularly relevant in the job description provided.   Answer Question
    Entry Level Contract.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Standard competency questions. Telephone interview seemed like it was outsourced to an recruiting company, but was helpful enough when asked about the structure of the internship and the following stages.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about core competencies that they state on their website.   Answer Question

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!