Habitat for Humanity

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

I had applied via the career services department at my university, where they did the first round of interviewing. The people who made it to the second round were then interviewed by Habitat for Humanity directors at their offices. They were really good at communicating with me before my interview. When I arrived and got settled into the meeting room, everything went smoothly. They're really nice and willing to answer any of your questions.

Truck Driver/Donation Pick Up Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dade City, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dade City, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in October 2014.

I applied at a local job fair. Was given an on the spot interview. The interview was brief and the person interviewing me told me they'd give me a call in a week or so. Two weeks go by and then I'm finally called back and given the first of two interviews. I was asked typical questions about my background and driving record. Told them everything was clean. The person interviewing me seemed impressed and said they'd call me soon about a second interview. Another two weeks go by and I'm called again for the second interview. This time I'm interviewed by a different manager. I'm pretty much asked the same questions all over again. Strangely I'm also asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the job I'm applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about experience that was irrelevant to the said job I had applied for.   Answer Question

Social Media Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

job was posted on kijiji, application process to time of call for interview was at least 2 weeks, interviewed before Christmas holidays and wasy noit hired on until early January, was pretty painless after that

Interview Questions
    i did not try to negotiate, in future i would or would recommend you to

Administrative Assistant Interview

Started as volunteer and got to know the organization. Researched the company. Met with the staff and work-sites. No need to meet with the BOD for this position. Gave me the basic job functions.

ReStore Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

You will have to meet the a panel of store manager, Human Resources, Resource director, Business analyst. Be prepared to discuss your work history, management style, your strengths and weaknesses, your plans to change the culture and work with volunteers.

Interview Questions
    Worked mainly with the Restore director

Video Editor Interview

It took a long time to go through the hiring process, but it paid off in the end. People were very friendly and gave me a good idea of what to expect with the job. I interviewed and met with almost everyone on the creative team before being offered the job.

Specialist- Volunteer Operations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in May 2014.

I applied a week ago and received a phone call from the hiring department. She was very nice and wanted to go over a few questions with me. The phone interview was formal with a casual tone. I was asked about my abilities, experience, and what I would be expected to add to the organization. From there we went over my salary expectations, and benefits package. We went over my availability and am expected to hear from them in the next few days about a possible second interview, in person, with the youth departments hiring person.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. Just know what you bring to the table and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interviewed for a Volunteer Coordinator position. Went right to an in-person interview without conducting a phone interview. The staff seemed competent and friendly - low pressure. They ended up hiring internally so it seemed a bit like they were interviewing a few people to go through the motions. The job sounded like it was primarily paperwork/data entry focused due to their high volume of volunteers. I was more interested in the interaction aspect.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the usual - How have you handled a difficult situation with a volunteer, What are you most/least excited about, what motivates you...no curveballs.   Answer Question

Resource Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Received an email from the ED requesting a phone interview which occurred the following week. Very friendly, knowledgable 35 minute phone interview followed by an in person with director of finance.

Money

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Habitat for Humanity in February 2014.

applying resume by online, 2 times interviews in a week. las result will get in a month. no salary negotiation. if you want to know, you have to ask first

Interview Questions
    • talking about future strategy for NGOs   View Answer