Halliburton

334 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Associate Technical Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details I applied online, received a call approx. 1 month later and they asked all screening questions (Do you think this sort of lifestyle would suit you, etc.). Two weeks later I had a phone interview with an engineer and HR rep, another two weeks later I was asked to go into the Halliburton office. There had an interview with the operations manager, two engineers and a HR rep. Two weeks after this final interview I did a medical and was offered the job.

Interview Question – The questions were really easy just behavioural questions, for example give an example of a conflict situation that you diffused, how do you deal with a client that is unhappy, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Associate Technical Professional
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details A panel interview with a hr manager and a technical manager. At first a technical test was conducted to gauge basic understanding about engineering drawings. The interview started by a presentation about recent design project and followed by regular interview questions.

Interview Question – all questions are quite commonly seen in interviews   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Halliburton came at my University. Students who were interested sent their CVs. Halliburton made a shortlist for interviews. There were 5 interviewers. They were all friendly. They were asking mostly personal questions . Most of their questions was based on my CV. They were trying to understand what I had achieved up until today, and who I am.

Interview Question – "Why service company and not operator? "
Justify why you prefer to work for a service company and not for an operator company !
  Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview Details Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Embedded Systems Engineer
Exton, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

Interview Details It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low
Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

Interview Details The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Question – Unfortunately no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details It started by putting the resume in the career fair in our university, then we were called for a written exam. It was very easy some math and engineering principals. Lastly, we had the phone interview, and an email saying you are accepted into the program.
Overall, it was a a very easy selection process, however a very long one. Sometimes , I even needed to call them and ask them about the results of each step.

Interview Question – They were all regular questions, such as: Why do you want to join us? Why you? your point of strengths and weaknesses ..etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any special negotiations

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Went to an information session at my school. Recruiter was willing to take my resume. She scheduled a first-round interview for me at a professional society's national conference (probably because it easier for her to schedule). Interview took about 45min; behavioral questions. I knew a lot of detailed things about Halliburton and about the jobs that they were hiring for, this didn't matter later because really once you get past the first-round interview you are "hirable" in a sense. I didn't get hired for any of the positions they were trying to fill at that moment. Did well in my first-round and it took about 2 months for them to schedule my second-round interview; one of the most laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got my offer within a week from there.

Interview Question – Study the company and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Technical Professional Interview

Technical Professional

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details Hired off from University. One round with HR. Then 2nd interview with engineering manager and team lead.
Tasked to do a presentation on projects done which could be industrial or school projects prior to the second interview. Although recently they have added both IQ and engineering drawing tests to interview nowdays

Interview Question – Most unexpected question asked is how you approached of issue.   Answer Question

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed on campus and the interview was very simple. Then I went to a 2 day on site interview at the Halliburton facility. On the first day they had a presentation for the candidates to show us the general overview of everything then they took us out to eat dinner. On the second day they basically just showed the candidates the equipment on site and asked if we had any questions.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!