Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.6

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online, received a call approx. 1 month later and they asked all screening questions (Do you think this sort of lifestyle would suit you, etc.). Two weeks later I had a phone interview with an engineer and HR rep, another two weeks later I was asked to go into the Halliburton office. There had an interview with the operations manager, two engineers and a HR rep. Two weeks after this final interview I did a medical and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really easy just behavioural questions, for example give an example of a conflict situation that you diffused, how do you deal with a client that is unhappy, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Halliburton.

I first became interested in Halliburton through the engineering job fair. One note, they do not take resumes, you have to submit everything online. After going through the online process, I got an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty typical; sign up for a time slot, go and talk to a manager or HR rep. The questions were more or less about why you are interested in working for Halliburton. Some time after the initial interview I received an email for a second interview in Duncan, OK. The second interview was a kind of round Robbin type were you meet with a manager from one of the PSL's for about 30-45 minutes, talk and answer standard behavioral questions, then move on to a different manager. The second round interview is pretty much all day. After my second round I got a phone call a few days later giving me an offer for two different PSL's to choose from.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said they are all pretty much standard behavioral questions. In fact some of the managers barely asked any of them because the conversation ran a little to long.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation phase, I'm sure this was because it is an entry level position.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Half-day Assessment Center, 2 interviews one to one and two to one, one group activity and one presentation on any topic, they just want to see how you carry yourself when facing public, so keep calm and present)

Interview Questions
    • I would say it should be the case study, it is barely possible to solve it. So don't be too worry about the result, focus on how to approach the problem   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Artificial Lift Test Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2014.

Applied for position April 2014. Received a letter of non-selection for the position via e-mail in May 2014. I did not re-apply for the position but oddly enough was contacted by phone in August for an interview. Interview was informal with nothing out of the ordinary.

Hiring manager explained that he doesn't tolerate B.S. but then asked if I have thick skin which seems like the shop I would have been assigned has horseplay and/or harassment potential.

Was contacted via e-mail a couple weeks later for a second interview. They wanted "a couple" dates / times that I was available. I supplied 5 days and multiple time windows yet I was asked to provide different times as none were good for them. I replied please select a day and time that works best for you and I will be there...

Never heard anything else back from Halliburton. Seemed I was a viable candidate, but they chose to ignore for whatever reason.

My take-away from the entire interview process was, if they treat their job candidates with this level of disregard, it probably isn't a good place to be employed at anyhow. Their hiring process seems broken based on my experience.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Halliburton came at my University. Students who were interested sent their CVs. Halliburton made a shortlist for interviews. There were 5 interviewers. They were all friendly. They were asking mostly personal questions . Most of their questions was based on my CV. They were trying to understand what I had achieved up until today, and who I am.

Interview Questions
    • "Why service company and not operator? "
      Justify why you prefer to work for a service company and not for an operator company !
        Answer Question

Associate Field Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after applying for this position on the Halliburton website. Had initial phone interview and then went in for in person interview. The in person interview was a group interview with multiple applicants as well as interviewers. We all went out to both lunch and dinner as well as touring the shop and field locations. The one on one interviews were very professional and after spending time with the interviewers earlier in the day there was a little less pressure. I received a call from the recruiter a day after the in person interview and a formal offer followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you understand the duties and performance expectations for the specific PSL you are interviewing for. Also be prepared for generic interview questions such as: Tell us about a time where you were in a successful leadership role.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Field Engineer - Production Enhancement Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Went to an information session at my school. Recruiter was willing to take my resume. She scheduled a first-round interview for me at a professional society's national conference (probably because it easier for her to schedule). Interview took about 45min; behavioral questions. I knew a lot of detailed things about Halliburton and about the jobs that they were hiring for, this didn't matter later because really once you get past the first-round interview you are "hirable" in a sense. I didn't get hired for any of the positions they were trying to fill at that moment. Did well in my first-round and it took about 2 months for them to schedule my second-round interview; one of the most laid-back interviews I've ever had. Got my offer within a week from there.

Did not negotiate.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Halliburton.

It was a 2 day interview session. There were multiple occasions where you are being assessed. There was a dinner networking sessiond with top management, 10 min presentation on a topic of your choice, more 1-1 interviews and group assessments. Overall, be mentally prepared to be in your best condition for 48 hours straight

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle experienced staff who are resistance to the changes you are bringing   View Answer

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!