Halliburton

312 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Homer City, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Interview Details The initial interview was conducted at my university. It was a typical HR interview. I was called for a second interview which took place at one of their field offices. We were treated to breakfast, lunch, and dinner over a 2 day period where we were shown all aspects of the job for either a frack or cementing position. The process was laid back. They frequently prompted us to ask questions about everything they showed us. You seem to be evaluated constantly during the trip with a 3 member panel interview at the end where they just ask basic questions about your resume.

Interview Question – The questions asked during the HR interview were basic "Tell me about a time you were stressed and how you handled it" "give me a good decision and bad decision you made   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Initially performed an an-campus interview. One week later, I received an email telling me I was selected for a second round. Second round interview was a two-day process. The first day began at 2:30 pm and consisted of company presentations and dinner. The second day, we went out to see a frac job and wireline & perforation. Then we were shown the frac lab and cement lab. The day ended with a one-on-one interview where they look over your resume and transcript.

Global Psl Coordinator (Finance) Intern Interview

Conroe, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2013.

Interview Details I had 1 phone detailed phone interview regarding my coursework related to my major - Economics. It was 40 minutes long. I was detailed about my projects in my courses in the past and present which were related to the position. Since it was a financial analysis background, i specified more about statistical analysis classes and their related projects. I was asked about my involvement on campus and I mentioned the student organizations I have been a part of. I had worked on-campus as an office assistant and in an insurance agency in the past. Even though these 2 office environments where not similar to the above position, I formed the answers suitable for it.

Interview Question – What were the projects you handled in Econometrics and Forecasting class? How did they enhance your analysis skill?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Landmark Intern Interview

Huston, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Interview Details There are three sections, from different department. One of them is production.

Interview Question – One of interviewer want me to list five products they have, I only remember two of them.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details apply online and take the first (behavioral) interview and next proceed to the second one.

Interview Question – describe a team problem and how do you managed it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details As you may have read already from other comments, the two day interview process is very laid back. Meet-and-greet, presentation, and dinner on the first day and field or shop visit, lunch, and out-interview on the second day. What I came to find out from the region I went for (Northeast) is that they do almost everything the same I expected from reading glassdoor comments about field engineer interview process, but the out-interview a bit different. It was 45-60 minutes long instead of the 15 minutes I thought it would be. The interviewer made all the same behavioral questions from the first interview I had on campus, he asked technical questions related to my field of engineering and also about the presentations and shop visit, and gave me a short written exam with electrical and mechanical problems to solve with out a calculator. The technical questions were very basic (i.e. difference between pump and motor, standard household voltage/freq, what does bentonite clay do when drilling). The written exam had a problem of solving for total resistance of a simple circuit, one of hydrostatic pressure, one of step-up transformers, and one wireline problem about calculating the voltage needed to power a tool down the hole at certain distance.

Operator Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details I heard about a job fair at the local Halliburton. I spoke to a woman who was recruiting and accepting resumes, she was friendly. She then introduced me to the man responsible for interviewing me, who was also quite friendly. The interview was straight forward, he reviewed my resume and asked fair questions. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wages weren't negotiated, they were firmly set for new employees without experience.
The starting day was negotiated so I could give my previous employer notice which was fair.

Field Engineer - Cased Hole Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details 1st interview was on campus. Normal questions such as teamwork, bad/good decision, etc. This interview was after an information session the previous day. Make sure you go to the information session and ask questions during both the info session and interview.

2nd interview was onsite in Texas and involved another information session, touring the site, dinner, and another interview. Make sure to pay attention during all of it because they will ask questions the entire time you're there to make sure you can handle a lot of information and make sure that you're genuinely interested. When they ask questions about what you thought use specific examples about what you learned and don't give 1 word responses. Also, doesn't hurt to be familiar with current events, sports news, etc. for small talk.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks negotiation

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Duncan, OK (US)

Interview Details The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Question – The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
  Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2013.

Interview Details My initial perception was that of an organized and traditional office setting in a very structured culture. The initial communications and first two interviews went well and as scheduled, but I was disappointed with their lack of communication, integrity, and lack of professionalism before the remaining scheduled interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The HR Rep called at 8:30pm the evening before the last and final interview with the hiring manager and requested that I print, compile in a nice neat folder, and bring with me several PowerPoint files that I created in my previous role.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton interview questions and advice. All 312 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.