Halliburton

Updated 23 Nov 2014
Updated 23 Nov 2014

2.6

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online, received a call approx. 1 month later and they asked all screening questions (Do you think this sort of lifestyle would suit you, etc.). Two weeks later I had a phone interview with an engineer and HR rep, another two weeks later I was asked to go into the Halliburton office. There had an interview with the operations manager, two engineers and a HR rep. Two weeks after this final interview I did a medical and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really easy just behavioural questions, for example give an example of a conflict situation that you diffused, how do you deal with a client that is unhappy, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Frac Acid Interview

great and easy the questions were very basic. what they are looking for is that u be a hands on kind of guy. dont worry about it to much just go for it

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

it started with a written exam in march 2014, basic English and IQ, then they called me back in august to retake the exams along with WPS segment exams. then contacted me a month later the night of the interview for an hr interview. the interview was very easy but the interviewer was really rude and condescending. then called me back again two months later again the night before the interview for a technical interview with the technical manager in Egypt. it was very easy and the interviewer attitude was descent. and i am still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • there was not any difficult question. yet, in the HR interview the interviewer seemed really uninterested and refused to answer any of my questions. very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Got an initial interview offer from a campus recruiter. The interview was a couple weeks later and was followed by a university networking event. Interview was pretty straight-forward, behavioral questions about my background and situational questions, followed by a programming test and a QA session.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Very thorough. They make sure they do their homework before they select you for an interview. Good grades are a must if you want to have any shot. During the interview they were very personable and asked a range of questions from relational to technical. Overall it was a very good an in depth interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had a confrontation with a superior.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halliburton.

Class was told that a representative from halliburton was coming down to interview for intern spots. During the interview was ask many Ohms and component questions, was also asked if i knew anything about the company.

Interview Questions
    • It is important to really read the interviewing tips on their website for interns.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

Halliburton did a recruitment event on the university campus. I submitted my resume online on the college career center website, submitted a survey, and went to an informational meeting that was scheduled the day before on-site interviews. I was contacted late evening the day before for an interview. After the interview, I was contacted about 3 weeks later to complete a survey detailing my job and location preferences and informed that I will be contacted for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a situation where you were working on a team and disagreed with one or more people on something?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

I was recently interviewed for the Field Engineer position in the Wireline and Perforation PSL in the Rockies Region.

Halliburton came to my university for an information session and on campus interviews. The on campus interviews were simple STAR questions with unexcited employees. After the interview, I was notified via email that I had been moved on to the second round and was asked my top location (region) and PSL choices. I was later offered a second round interview for my second PSL choice (wireline) and first location (Rockies).

With the offer came instructions for the interview, such as arrival time, method of transportation, etc. It wasn't until the day before my interview that I noted that there had been a mistake in my reservation. The email I received from HR instructed me to go to a location over an hour away from the Halliburton camp. Confused, I called HR and they informed me that a mistake had been made and they provided me with the correct hotel. I was thankful to have called them, or else I would have missed the interview due to their slip up.

The second round interview was rather unorganized as a whole. The first afternoon the other candidates and I (9 of us total) went to the camp and were given a presentation on the specifics of the PSL. We then went out to dinner and returned to the hotel with little information for the next day, besides the fact that we would be picked up at 6:30 and might go to a frack pad.

On the second day, we drove out to the frack pad after getting PPE from the camp. We arrived at the camp and looked at the wireline set up, though operations were down due to a malfunction. We left after about an hour and returned to the camp for interviews.

The interviews were again very straightforward. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. They ended up taking far longer than expected so I believe some candidates may have missed their flight out. Again, it was rather unorganized. I was driven back to the hotel after my interview, and headed home.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to fulfill a customer's request while dealing with other deadlines.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Very unprofessional process, for the second round interview one of the interviewees that worked at Halliburton was a real jerk and because I did not pick his PSL he played on his phone the entire time I interviewed and was very unprofessional. Also when I said I wanted to move up to management after breaking out they chastised me and said that I needed to work in the field.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions, for first round interview all behavioral based. Second round was just about position you wanted to be placed in.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Interview consisted of behavioral questions. It was helpful to know what skill set the job required and tailor the interview responses to meet those qualities. The interviewer was helpful in describing a particular problem and asking a about a situation where I had to deal with a similar situation.

No negotiation.