Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online, received a call approx. 1 month later and they asked all screening questions (Do you think this sort of lifestyle would suit you, etc.). Two weeks later I had a phone interview with an engineer and HR rep, another two weeks later I was asked to go into the Halliburton office. There had an interview with the operations manager, two engineers and a HR rep. Two weeks after this final interview I did a medical and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really easy just behavioural questions, for example give an example of a conflict situation that you diffused, how do you deal with a client that is unhappy, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Artificial Lift Test Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2014.

Applied for position April 2014. Received a letter of non-selection for the position via e-mail in May 2014. I did not re-apply for the position but oddly enough was contacted by phone in August for an interview. Interview was informal with nothing out of the ordinary.

Hiring manager explained that he doesn't tolerate B.S. but then asked if I have thick skin which seems like the shop I would have been assigned has horseplay and/or harassment potential.

Was contacted via e-mail a couple weeks later for a second interview. They wanted "a couple" dates / times that I was available. I supplied 5 days and multiple time windows yet I was asked to provide different times as none were good for them. I replied please select a day and time that works best for you and I will be there...

Never heard anything else back from Halliburton. Seemed I was a viable candidate, but they chose to ignore for whatever reason.

My take-away from the entire interview process was, if they treat their job candidates with this level of disregard, it probably isn't a good place to be employed at anyhow. Their hiring process seems broken based on my experience.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2014.

Met the hiring manager at the college career fair, my resume was accepted because I had the skill sets the manager was looking out for. Some few months after, I got a call for a phone interview and after that came the offer

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical really, mostly my style and behavioral qualities   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2012.

first i went to Iq test then followed by phone interview. she asked me about my skills why they have to hire me?
    what are your hoppy ?

you can find what kind of questions you should expect if you search online. But realize that these should only be considered as guidelines.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Half-day Assessment Center, 2 interviews one to one and two to one, one group activity and one presentation on any topic, they just want to see how you carry yourself when facing public, so keep calm and present)

Interview Questions
    • I would say it should be the case study, it is barely possible to solve it. So don't be too worry about the result, focus on how to approach the problem   Answer Question

SCMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

On Campus Interview with the main recruiter. Lasted about one hour. Heard back within one week. Had two weeks to accept. Great experience, challenging and rewarding. Overall enjoyed my time there.

Associate Field Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after applying for this position on the Halliburton website. Had initial phone interview and then went in for in person interview. The in person interview was a group interview with multiple applicants as well as interviewers. We all went out to both lunch and dinner as well as touring the shop and field locations. The one on one interviews were very professional and after spending time with the interviewers earlier in the day there was a little less pressure. I received a call from the recruiter a day after the in person interview and a formal offer followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you understand the duties and performance expectations for the specific PSL you are interviewing for. Also be prepared for generic interview questions such as: Tell us about a time where you were in a successful leadership role.   Answer Question

Field Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canonsburg, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Very upfront about the time commitment necessary. The position itself is essentially developed to train you in the field so you are as competent as possible. Honest and open about what you'll experience. Had two separate interviews, about 6 months apart.

Chose not to negotiate

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Questions
    • As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Interview Questions

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!