Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct 2014
Updated 27 Oct 2014

2.6

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online, received a call approx. 1 month later and they asked all screening questions (Do you think this sort of lifestyle would suit you, etc.). Two weeks later I had a phone interview with an engineer and HR rep, another two weeks later I was asked to go into the Halliburton office. There had an interview with the operations manager, two engineers and a HR rep. Two weeks after this final interview I did a medical and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really easy just behavioural questions, for example give an example of a conflict situation that you diffused, how do you deal with a client that is unhappy, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Field Engineer - Cementing Interview

Unfortunately there is not much I can offer here. I had an internship and received an offer from that. All I would say is stress safety culture. Halliburton is big into safety. Show how you have been safe. Also show how you have successfully worked with people that are completely different from you. That would definitely make you stand out. You could mention how you like to get out doors and get your hands dirty. Those are all descriptive of a Halliburton Engineer.

There is no negotiating as far as I know.

Engineer Interview

Phone interview consisted of basic engineering questions. Called for in-person interview, consisted of a panel of current engineers asking creativity questions. In-person interview was long and lasted all day and a tour of the entire facility.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part were the unexpected engineering questions over the phone.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

I applied online from my university's career website. Halliburton provided an information session the night before the interview. The hiring process consists of two interviews. The first interview involves standard behavioral-type questions with an engineer in any of Halliburton's service sectors. The second interview involves interviewing with an engineer in the service sector you wish to be apart of.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when, as part of a team, you had conflicting ideas/opinions with another team member. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

Applied through school's website and got an email to schedule an interview a few weeks ago. Interview was simple. It was about 30mins. Only one person was there asking some basic behavior questions. Interviewer has engineering background but didn't ask any questions relevant to skill. He was really nice, taking notes while you were talking.

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

They asked basic interview questions.Then they wrote down and rated your response in front of you. You can clearly tell if your answers are good or not because the interviewer rates them in front of you. They asked which PSL you were most interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had conflict with a team.   Answer Question

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

I applied on a Wednesday and received a call the following Thursday. I had a brief phone interview and was told I was a great candidate and would hear back soon to set up an interview. They called the next day and my interview was scheduled for the following Monday! The interview began as scheduled, however I quickly realized how over prepared I was. The questions and style of the interview were VERY relaxed and laid-back. It felt less like an interview and more like a nice chat about my work experience. As much as I had prepared, I wasn't expecting that since they are one of the biggest and most successful companies in the world. But like I've read in other reviews, this seems to be their style. The entire interview lasted about 30-45 min. In the end, I thought it went well and I was grateful to have had the experience. I sent a brief follow-up e-mail the next morning but never heard back. I only recently received a rejection letter via e-mail, 2 months after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions, but I was not expecting the interviewer to talk more than me. I learned a lot about the person and position, but they did not get to learn enough about me and how my skills and experience would value their department.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

Phone interview with 2 Engineers. Talked about the position then asked theoretical questions. Questions were difficult and they did not talk during this part. They also communicated with each other while muting themselves. Entry Level positions doesn't mean 0 year experience, Halliburton would like you to have some previous job experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you had a problem with a client needs and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton.

The first round was about behavioral questions.
    - Introduce yourself
    - If you are given a tight schedule, how do you handle it?
    - What was your biggest failure so far? How would you have done differently?
    - How do you lead a team of 20 people?
    - Tell me something that shows your leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest failure so far? How would you have done differently?   Answer Question

SCMP Interview

In person interview at school.
    Had a face to face interview with recruiter and heard back within a month whether or I was offered the position or not. Leadership experiences are a huge factor in selection as most questions ask you relate to it.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to influence other around you who are resistant to change?   Answer Question