Hamilton Sundstrand

www.hamiltonsundstrandcorp.com

Hamilton Sundstrand Interview Questions

2.6

Auxiliary Power Unit Component Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

The interview was very friendly, and I was interviewed by three people in a "round robin" type fashion by the cell manager and two Manufacturing Engineers from my future cell. They asked pointed questions that drew me into discussing my various qualifications without my feeling that I was being "grilled." Since they made me feel comfortable I was able to be myself and let my knowledge, experience, and personality sell themselves. At the end of the interview I thanked them for their time. I was hired two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The question, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" was entirely unexpected, but I replied, "Still doing my best work possible for this company."   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

One phone interview that I was offered my co-op job on the spot. Then worked 4 co-op sessions to be offered my full time job before leaving my last co-op job. No interview to get my job.

There was none.

Project Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

Interviewed for an intern position. Because it wasn't a full time employee, they held the interview over the phone. The project engineer was doing the majority of the talking on a telecon with about 2 other engineers in the same room as him. I was asked whether or not I knew what an APU exactly does, or the components of an APU. I did not know the details, which they didn't seem to be thrown off by. They asked me whether or not a non-technical position was fine with me. Overall not a tough interview, but the interview for full time employees are much harder.

No negotiation,

Financial Leadership Program Interview

After two years of interning, I applied for the FLP. If your in the company already you only have to fill out two essay questions and give your resume (and maybe a few other little details). Make sure to give a good impression throughout the internship because the interviewers ask your boss about how you are and how you fit with the company. After you land an interview, you go through two interview sessions, both about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions about your resume, so make sure you know EVERYTHING.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you only can accept or decline.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor Locks, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Locks, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in August 2011.

I submitted my resume on UTC career website, was called in for interview after 2 mouths.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you experienced difficulty and how you resolved the problem   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockford, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand.

It was full day interview starting from sharp at 8AM till 3:30PM. Total seven interviewer where lined up from different area. Some were just providing exposure to work environment and company benefits. They were very clear about what they can offer and made sure I am comfortable with it. Since I was confident based on my past experience and clearly stated where I need to capture some more skills that required for position, they were very happy about upfront honesty. I think we impressed each other that made hiring process very smooth.

However, some benefits such as medical/dental, 401k are not so great compare to my previous employer. No vision care benefit. So far, work environment is friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions about handling some difficult situation in team work environment but I was able to tackle it. My listening skill helped me to come up with impromptu response to those questions.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockford, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in September 2008.

one telephone interview got me hired!

Interview Questions
    no negotiation; they met my salary request

Winder Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in June 2011.

they r satisfy from my side, after compaNY MD took my interview and they told me if this time u not get the job than next time definate we call u.unfortuantelly no trespone from them

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in April 2012.

Initially met with representatives from the company at a career fair. Was invited to on-site visit where I had four to five interviews with various company engineers. Had an additional phone interview approximately one week later. The people seemed to be very honest and seemed to enjoy the diversity of work within the company.

Interview Questions

offer was lower than expected

Entry Level Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Hamilton Sundstrand in January 2011.

1 on 1 interview was conducted. Most of the interview consisted of a behavioral interview, with some technical questions. Interviewer was very friendly and respectful, answered lot of questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see your career in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a difficult challenge on a project and how you went about it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Worked for Hamilton Sundstrand? Contribute to the Community!