Health Net

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Multiple Marketing - Manager, Assistant, Associate Interview

Woodland Hills, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Health Net in April 2013.

Interview Details It took three months. The manager job I waited three or more weeks to find out that I did not get it and to be asked if I would be interested in the assistant job then two weeks went by and they said they decided to hire within but would I be interested in the associate position. Three interviews and one of three in the running after two weeks found out they wanted me but they were going in a different direction and the job was no longer being offered.

Interview Question – Typical questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Health Net in May 2009.

Interview Details Hiring process was a good experience. Paperwork was quick.

Negotiation Details – Not a difficult experience.

Care Manager Interview

Interviewed at Health Net

Interview Details Hiring Freeze is in place.

Membership Accounting Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Health Net.

Interview Details Lots of behavioral questions. Be prepared to give examples.

Interview Question – What obstacle did you encounter on your last job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiating

Healthcare Data Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Health Net.

Interview Details The interview process was quite structured but was very quick and well handled between the corporate office in California and the office in Portland.

Interview Question – I always find the "provide a few examples of..." most difficult. I have a lot of experience from multi-faceted busy positions, and if I don't keep track of specific accomplishments, they tend to be forgotten under "the clutter."   Answer Question

Actuary Trainee Interview

Interviewed at Health Net

Interview Details I met with my future boss (a director level) and he was very nice. Just told me about the company, its products and the role. They asked me very basic questions about my educational background. I was fresh out of college at that point so there wasn't much for me to talk about really. I think it was more to check for a personality fit.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected. The one technical question asked of me was a probability question based on the binomial distribution.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Health Net in February 2011.

Interview Details My contact with HR was very positive as was with my eventual boss. After the phone interviews I was invited to an in person panel interview with my boss and 6 other VPs. The session was intense and I did well. I was excited with the potential opportunities that the position offered and was impressed with the people I met during the interview process.

Interview Question – Describe an instance when you had to disclose a very difficult message to your business stakeholders and how you managed the same.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Health Net in August 2011.

Interview Details Had an interview with a company recruiter that went very well. The hiring manager narrowed the candidates down to three and emailed us for in person interviews. The hiring managet did not have prepared situational interview questions that I have been encountering lately, which was pleasant because I could learn more about the position. Overall, it sounded like the team had all been with the company for a long time, it seemed like a good environment, but I was not the best fit.

Interview Question – What do you think are good company values?   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Health Net in March 2011.

Interview Details I applied for a different position but a HN recruiter called me about the opening. She asked if I was interested and set up a panel interview. The interview consisted of a panel of managers who I would potentially report to. It lasted one hour with each manager asking questions related to the position I applied for. There were some qualification questions as well as behavioral questions. Afterwards they told me it would be about a week before I would know whether I was still a potential candidate.

Interview Question – With little or no knowledge of the business, you are tasked to write the requirements. What do you do when you know you have to meet with the business in order to elicit requirements but they're so busy tha their response is, "I don't have time. Just write the requirements" ?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Health Net in March 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview with the staffing recruiter to determine skill set and general admin questions. Followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager. Detailed dept and more specifics areound the job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Health Net? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Health Net interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Health Net employees and interview candidates.