Heinz Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jun 2015

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Melbourne) in September 2008.

Interview

Mostly position specific questions asked on previous experience. Not too many questions about the company

Interview Questions

• Talk me through a time when you have had to work towards a challenging, ambitious objective.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider more negotiations as pay is not very good

Maintenance Tech IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, Got a call within a few days to set up phone screen with supervisior and manager. Got phone screen a day later. Got qiuck response within an hour wanting me to come in for face to face interview a few days later. Went to interview

MBA Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The position is a year-round recruiting process, so they didn't have a certain deadline to apply.
    1. submit resume online, day after was asked to create 5 min video answering 5 motivational questions; general questions like: talk about yourself, why do you wanna work here, what makes you a better candidate etc.
    Took me a week more to finish filming / editing the short video. There was no deadline for video submission, and after I submitted it took about a week to receive an invitation for aptitude test.

2. the SHL test, really hard in my opinion. Verbal, Math, and graphic logics. Didn't receive notification of results until I wrote an email to ask about it a week later.

After all this work, I got to have a chance to speak with the HR. Scheduled 1st Skype meeting, but got rescheduled 4 times due to various reasons.

3. 1st Skype interview: 30 mins competency based Q. Passed, got rescheduled my 2nd interview 1.5 mths later due to change of organization / personnel.

4. 1 & 1/2nd Skype interview: Spoke with 1 HR hastily for 20 mins or so, again competency questions.

5. 2nd Skype interview: spoke to previous MBA hires, got challenged that I didn't have much analytical skills displayed through my previous experience (marketing communications), and asked me to defend myself.

Didn't do well on this one so I got a rejection call within a week, reason was that they thought I was not Analytical enough. There should be last round interview with European president and VP of Talent if I had passed it.

The entire process took almost 4 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you launch this certain new product in a certain country for Heinz?   Answer Question

Purchasing SAP Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeist (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Zeist (Netherlands)).

Interview

Apply on the official website. The recruiter contacted me to arrange interviews
    First interview with team lead and his manager, nothing surprise.
    Second interview with senior manager and another manager in her team, the questions are not related to work itself and required experience, such as what motives you in your life.

Two impressions in during two interviews:
    1) Heinz is an energetic(or agressive?) company, the managers and team leader are quite young.
    2) Surprisingly, the job description does not require any SAP-related experience(although I think it is very important) and during both interviews, they did not even ask me about those experience. I do not know whether it is a kind of hiring strategy or a mistake.

I was rejected because they selected a more experience guy!

Interview Questions

• Just normal questions. My case maybe a little special as there is no HR in the interviews.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR department and scheduled a phone interview with them.
    The phone interview was quite easy. It took less then 40 minutes.
    Several questions on previous experience and one last question was specifically about management experience.
    They asked me if I am willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership experience.
      Why management trainee program?

Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

1) Easy phone interview by a recruiter. Completely scripted questions.
    2) Logic and Personality Test
    3) Skype interview with University Relations Specialist: solely behavioral. no discussion about resume. -What is your dream job? -When did you realize you were not average? -rate your excel proficiency and what was the most difficult excel function for you to learn? -why heinz? -what is your favorite Heinz product? -what business line are you most interested in?
    4) Skype interview with a program participant (paired with a person in your business line of interest): behavioral again. -What do you hope to accomplish before you graduate?
    5) On-site in Pittsburgh: 48 hours before the date, we were notified that we would give a presentation as a part of the interview process. 3 mins long answering -What have you achieved so far? -What are you doing now? -Why should Heinz hire you? accompanied by a PowerPoint Presentation. And we presented a group case study that is super easy. We gave the presentation to 3 recruiters, 3 executives (one is the CEO), and half of all the candidates.

Overall: All of the interviews are extremely easy. As long as you are prepared to answer behavioral questions and have researched the company, you should have a pretty easy time. For the on-site, it is difficult to assess how you are being evaluated. During the case study, the recruiters walked around and wrote notes under a person's picture (they have a clipboard with papers of all the candidates' pictures). Later, we gave the presentations and no follow-up questions are asked, so it seems we are assessed predominately on our presentations. It's cool that Bernardo watches our presentations, but it feels more "show-like" meaning it didn't seem he has any role in the hiring process and rather, he is just there to make us feel like we are cared about. Overall, the interview process is very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is a company you admire?   Answer Question
    • "At Heinz, our top performers act like leaders." What does this quote mean to you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz in April 2015.

Interview

typical interview process.. 3 phone screens and a 1 to 1.. more technical than behavioral..
    get ready to discuss past experiences and background in details with specific examples for varied situation..

Interview Questions

• Why should they hire me?
      Why want to join Heinz?
      Leadership experience
      Project failure experience

Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail to request a phone interview with HR. After the phone interview I was contacted for another phone interview with a Brand Manager. At the conclusion of the second interview I was told that the next step would be to be invited to the campus for an in-person interview. Everyone was very pleasant to interact with and willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you've encountered where you had to overcome an unexpected obstacle.   Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

4 interviews before hiring. The first three are telephone and are each accomplished by a different person from HR. The second interviewer rejected me for asking about what salary was offered. Said I should be more interested in what great opportunities heinz could offer.

Interview Questions

• When did you first know you were above average?   2 Answers
    • I asked about salary. She said it was highly inappropriate for me to ask that.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

Interview

The interview only lasted 10-15 minutes with the interviewer seeming to be rushed to complete the process. The initial phone screening was pretty standard; nothing difficult. When asked about the numerous bad reviews of the company, there was a long pause and the question was ignored.