Hertz

Average Difficulty
46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

Interview Details The process took a while, the interview was okay. The pay rate for the position is ridiculously low for such a position. The salary is not negotiable as well as scheduling. Overall, it's not a bad company to work for if you are new to the market.

Interview Question – Interview is Easy, basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details Location was clean and staff was polite, had an ops audit being conducted when I was there. Hiring manager was friendly and answered all of my questions. Manager was straight forward about position and compensation and hours.

Interview Question – What interests you in this position?   View Answer

Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details Phone interview, interviews with managers. Pretty much telling you its a sales position and you are expected to sell optional coverages and upsell options. There is nothing special. They will interview anyone with a pulse and no record.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Novato, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2012.

Interview Details one interview, background check, driving record check, drug test. Whole process took 1-2 months. I knew an employee there and knew I was going to get hired before the interview even took place.

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with the recruiter about a week after I submitted my resume. Then we set up an interview with a branch manager. When I got there it wasn't the correct manager, it was his employee. He didn't know that I was going to be coming so he was completely unprepared. The interview was the easiest I've had in my life and then I was called with an offer a week later. The company is very relaxed and it would be a great position, but I was very turned off with how unprofessional it was. I was also interviewing with a competitor, and the competitor was much more professional and thorough. When you make money on how you perform, you want to be professional! I also got a lot of responses about the job from the manager vs the recruiter that did not match such as what location I'd be working at, how much I'd get paid/bonuses, and what hours I'd be required to work. If the company could have been on the same page, I probably would have accepted the offer.

Interview Question – Typical questions - tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, you were measured by performance goals, you had to lead a team, etc. He was mostly focused on having me ask questions.   Answer Question

Rochester, MN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Hertz in February 2012.

Interview Details Submitted online application. Received call one week later and did a 5 minute phone interview. Two days later was called to do one on one interview. First interview went well and was invited to come back for a second interview.

Interview Question – It's been a long time and don't remember any specific questions. Most questions are generally about your experience with people and how to resolve problems.   Answer Question

Ocala, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Hertz in August 2012.

Interview Details online application and two interviews. 1 with a branch manger and the second with the area manager. this is coordinated by a coorperate recruiter. There was an extended background check and drug screening, before the start date was provided. I thought overall, management was fair and direct in the hiri9ng process.

Interview Question – describe a time in the workplace that you had to play devil's advocate.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details The manager is looking for someone who is sales oriented and able to help grow their business. They will also ask if you are willing to clean the cars. You will also have to meet with the location manager to see if you are a fit for their location.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer complaint.   Answer Question

Twin Falls, ID (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details Call you on your Application, call you for phone interview. set up appointment to talk with hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Interviewing/Hiring Manager was not prepared had no questions to ask even forgot his pen.
 had to do self interview with him. have 21 years of management and told I don't have enough experience then they hired a 24 year old kid
  Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details Basic questions. 5 strengths,weaknesses. Situation questions and how you resolved them.

Interview Question – no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!