Hertz

47 interviews

2.2

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

This process was a joke. They asked a few questions and then seemed to hire anyone looking for a job. No need for any competence. They make you take a drug test and conduct a background check but that's about it. They hire anyone.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

The process took a while, the interview was okay. The pay rate for the position is ridiculously low for such a position. The salary is not negotiable as well as scheduling. Overall, it's not a bad company to work for if you are new to the market.

Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Location was clean and staff was polite, had an ops audit being conducted when I was there. Hiring manager was friendly and answered all of my questions. Manager was straight forward about position and compensation and hours.

Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hertz.

Phone interview, interviews with managers. Pretty much telling you its a sales position and you are expected to sell optional coverages and upsell options. There is nothing special. They will interview anyone with a pulse and no record.

There was none

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novato, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2012.

one interview, background check, driving record check, drug test. Whole process took 1-2 months. I knew an employee there and knew I was going to get hired before the interview even took place.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter about a week after I submitted my resume. Then we set up an interview with a branch manager. When I got there it wasn't the correct manager, it was his employee. He didn't know that I was going to be coming so he was completely unprepared. The interview was the easiest I've had in my life and then I was called with an offer a week later. The company is very relaxed and it would be a great position, but I was very turned off with how unprofessional it was. I was also interviewing with a competitor, and the competitor was much more professional and thorough. When you make money on how you perform, you want to be professional! I also got a lot of responses about the job from the manager vs the recruiter that did not match such as what location I'd be working at, how much I'd get paid/bonuses, and what hours I'd be required to work. If the company could have been on the same page, I probably would have accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions - tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, you were measured by performance goals, you had to lead a team, etc. He was mostly focused on having me ask questions.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hertz in February 2012.

Submitted online application. Received call one week later and did a 5 minute phone interview. Two days later was called to do one on one interview. First interview went well and was invited to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • It's been a long time and don't remember any specific questions. Most questions are generally about your experience with people and how to resolve problems.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocala, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hertz in August 2012.

online application and two interviews. 1 with a branch manger and the second with the area manager. this is coordinated by a coorperate recruiter. There was an extended background check and drug screening, before the start date was provided. I thought overall, management was fair and direct in the hiri9ng process.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time in the workplace that you had to play devil's advocate.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hertz.

The manager is looking for someone who is sales oriented and able to help grow their business. They will also ask if you are willing to clean the cars. You will also have to meet with the location manager to see if you are a fit for their location.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Twin Falls, ID (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Call you on your Application, call you for phone interview. set up appointment to talk with hiring Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing/Hiring Manager was not prepared had no questions to ask even forgot his pen.
       had to do self interview with him. have 21 years of management and told I don't have enough experience then they hired a 24 year old kid
        Answer Question

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!