Hewitt Associates

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Services Intern Interview

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in May 2010.

Interview Details Overall, the hiring process was great. Management was friendly and frank. The interview was relaxed but formal enough to know that the office was run well. I had an initial phone interview and then a follow up in person interview at the office in Lincolnshire. The questions were pretty basic and predictable.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy and expected.   Answer Question

Lead Systems Analyst Interview

Lead Systems Analyst
Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in August 2011.

Interview Details The entrance interview is behavioral. Promotions are handed out after you have been doing the work in the role you are promoted into. Teamwork, able to work under pressure, and issues with other employees should be done directly and professionally.

Interview Question – You will already have the necessary answers by the time the interview takes place. There really aren't any tough questions unless you haven't been doing what is expected of you. The key is to answer quickly with confidence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay is non negotiable. Paid Time Off and a Flex Schedule are your best options if they are willing to negotiate. Their first answer will always be no. Persistence pays off, as long as you project confidence.

Very Easy Interview

Pension Analyst Interview

Pension Analyst
Lincolnshire, IL (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in February 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty simple. Finding the building was harder than the interview itself. Hewitt has two campuses in Lincolnshire and I wasn't aware of this. I had to stop at a local hotel and ask them where the building was that I was to report to. They were able to help me.
As for the interview, it was a series of 4 interviews with four of the managers of the group I would report to. The questions were basic and they were really focused on my past experiences on my resume. Nothing really hard during the interview process.

Interview Question – What were some of the hardest things you had to deal with in customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate at all. I would still try to get something out of them but they said that their starting was non-negotiable, which is terrible since their pay is so low to begin with.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in February 2011.

Interview Details Face to Face Interview, Behavior Quesitons

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult client   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Benefits Analyst
Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in June 2009.

Interview Details Very good and straightforward. Access to lots of information about the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Health Care Analyst- Intern Interview

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in January 2010.

Interview Details First round was on campus. Standard behavioral/fit questions. Prepare for questions about working in teams, favorite/least favorite classes on campus, and anything on your Resume is fair game. Second round was at the office. Three different interviewers, all asked similar behavioral questions (i.e. conflict resolution, leadership skills, resume overview). There were also questions about any relevant work experience (i.e any experience in the health care field). The last 'interviewer' really just talked about the position and didn't really ask any questions. Only negative aspect was that it took the recruiter about two months to give me a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What classes were your favorite on campus? Which ones were your least favorite? Why?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question

Senior IT Interview

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in June 2009.

Interview Details Phone Screen with In House Recruiter that managed the process - very professional
1:1 next week with recruiting
1 month later meeting with hiring manager
8 weeks later when I followed up found out position filled (after I saw position drop from job boards)

Interview Question – No unexpected questions - behavioral questions about past experiences   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hewitt Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewitt Associates interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewitt Associates employees and interview candidates.