Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Director Software Interview

Sales Director Software
Sydney

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Interview Details Picked up in an acquisition

Negotiation Details – Worked for a company acquired by HP

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details Applied via employee referral. One interview with the hiring manager and a couple of senior team members.

Interview Question – Extremely basic interview question - Tell me about yourself. I rambled on for half hour and I had the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stuck to my guns and they almost matched it.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details Everything was completed over the phone after a recommendation was provided for me by the hiring manager. After completing a first round interview (culture-fit) with HR, I did the interview with the hiring manager and his Snr Product Manager over the course of an hour. Questions were mainly history and culture based, but also competency.

Interview Question – Honestly, nothing too difficult was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate as they paid what I requested.

Managed Security Services Engineer Interview

Managed Security Services Engineer

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details There are at least 2 interviews. Initial interview is usually a phone interview, the second interview is a face to face. Initial interview would be more about your background. The technical interview would require you to know more information about IDS/IPS and other network security solutions.

Interview Question – How would you set up the network security for an organization.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect
Melbourne

I applied through another source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details Initially contacted based upon an ex-colleague's referral. Single interview where discussion around past relevant experience and attitude. Great people and convenient office location. Work culture tends to encourage going above and beyond to get the job done.

Interview Question – Provide evidence of documentation developed demonstrating comparable expertise required for the role,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-existant

Consulting Sales Executive Interview

Consulting Sales Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details Typical interview process. Focus on articulating sales strategy, engagement, TAS planning, pipeline shape & management. Experience required around large enterprise & public sector. CxO level discussion and engagement. Focus on creating value for customers, reducing risk and cost. Drive engagement around business outcomes and not technology.

Interview Question – Standard questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2009.

Interview Details A number of interviews with HR, line managers and peers

Interview Question – The line of questioning was very standard/generic IT interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The package was inline with the advertised position so there was no negotiation

APAC Lead Database Administrator Interview

APAC Lead Database Administrator
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Interview Details fastest interview ever... 22 min interview. covered what they needed to know quickly, gave clear expectations.

Interview Question – questions about who i was, work life, attitude to work, who am i outside of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ok... sounds good enuf.

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details Telephone screening
In-person with HR
In-person with Sales Leader and Quality Manager
Telephone with Region Leader
Telephone with Global Leader

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered very low salary but bonuses. However, this company is very unlikely to make good on any bonus offer in the near term.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Presales Consultant Interview

Senior Presales Consultant
Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2012.

Interview Details A friend of mine referred me to the hiring manager and then the whole process was very quick: one phone interview and the verbal offer came in the next business day. A written one followed within a week (due to some internal bureaucracy and probably also background checks) , which I immediately accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, probably because I had a proven record in the field and too many people knew me within the organisation from the previous dealings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was actually offered salary above my expectations, so didn't need to negotiate at all.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!