Hewlett-Packard

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2014.

Applied in July. Initial phone interview was held in August and next day one on one face to face interview with the Director of the Department in the cafeteria. The questions were completely off the normal pattern. Clear description of what was expected and what HP's outlook is was provided. In the end, there was frank discussion on prospects of growth and opportunity within the department.

Interview Questions
    • Not typical interview question. The questions were more on the lines of What makes you tick? Do you prefer Home cooked or fast food? Dogs or Cats? Car or Bike? etc..   View Answer

The history of layoffs that was detailed in the outlook made me feel insecure about the stability of the job

Sales Director Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Picked up in an acquisition

Worked for a company acquired by HP

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Applied via employee referral. One interview with the hiring manager and a couple of senior team members.

Interview Questions
    • Extremely basic interview question - Tell me about yourself. I rambled on for half hour and I had the job.   Answer Question
    I stuck to my guns and they almost matched it.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Everything was completed over the phone after a recommendation was provided for me by the hiring manager. After completing a first round interview (culture-fit) with HR, I did the interview with the hiring manager and his Snr Product Manager over the course of an hour. Questions were mainly history and culture based, but also competency.

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate as they paid what I requested.

Managed Security Services Engineer Interview

There are at least 2 interviews. Initial interview is usually a phone interview, the second interview is a face to face. Initial interview would be more about your background. The technical interview would require you to know more information about IDS/IPS and other network security solutions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you set up the network security for an organization.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Initially contacted based upon an ex-colleague's referral. Single interview where discussion around past relevant experience and attitude. Great people and convenient office location. Work culture tends to encourage going above and beyond to get the job done.

Interview Questions
    • Provide evidence of documentation developed demonstrating comparable expertise required for the role,   View Answer
    non-existant

Consulting Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Typical interview process. Focus on articulating sales strategy, engagement, TAS planning, pipeline shape & management. Experience required around large enterprise & public sector. CxO level discussion and engagement. Focus on creating value for customers, reducing risk and cost. Drive engagement around business outcomes and not technology.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2009.

A number of interviews with HR, line managers and peers

Interview Questions
    • The line of questioning was very standard/generic IT interview questions   Answer Question
    The package was inline with the advertised position so there was no negotiation

APAC Lead Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

fastest interview ever... 22 min interview. covered what they needed to know quickly, gave clear expectations.

Interview Questions
    • questions about who i was, work life, attitude to work, who am i outside of work.   Answer Question
    ok... sounds good enuf.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Telephone screening
    In-person with HR
    In-person with Sales Leader and Quality Manager
    Telephone with Region Leader
    Telephone with Global Leader

Interview Questions
    Offered very low salary but bonuses. However, this company is very unlikely to make good on any bonus offer in the near term.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!