Hewlett-Packard

Updated 19 Oct 2014
1,600 Interview Reviews

2.9

IT Project Manager Interview

Interview was conducted via Tele conference call. The session went very well and discussed about both technical and project management experiences.

This includes the sharing of the past difficult projects and how it was managed and conquered.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were asked - time, cost and resource management.   Answer Question

The offered salary cannot match my requested salary.

Project Coordinator ICT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2014.

Still waiting for the interview call. Applied for the position in July. Called few times but position is not on priority list. Have applied for same position in different locations in last few weeks. I have now also applied for another position in HP. Lets hope I get the call soon from HP recruitment

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2014.

Applied in July. Initial phone interview was held in August and next day one on one face to face interview with the Director of the Department in the cafeteria. The questions were completely off the normal pattern. Clear description of what was expected and what HP's outlook is was provided. In the end, there was frank discussion on prospects of growth and opportunity within the department.

Interview Questions
    • Not typical interview question. The questions were more on the lines of What makes you tick? Do you prefer Home cooked or fast food? Dogs or Cats? Car or Bike? etc..   View Answer

The history of layoffs that was detailed in the outlook made me feel insecure about the stability of the job

Managed Security Services Engineer Interview

There are at least 2 interviews. Initial interview is usually a phone interview, the second interview is a face to face. Initial interview would be more about your background. The technical interview would require you to know more information about IDS/IPS and other network security solutions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you set up the network security for an organization.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Initially contacted based upon an ex-colleague's referral. Single interview where discussion around past relevant experience and attitude. Great people and convenient office location. Work culture tends to encourage going above and beyond to get the job done.

Interview Questions
    • Provide evidence of documentation developed demonstrating comparable expertise required for the role,   View Answer
    non-existant

Consulting Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Typical interview process. Focus on articulating sales strategy, engagement, TAS planning, pipeline shape & management. Experience required around large enterprise & public sector. CxO level discussion and engagement. Focus on creating value for customers, reducing risk and cost. Drive engagement around business outcomes and not technology.

Senior Presales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2012.

A friend of mine referred me to the hiring manager and then the whole process was very quick: one phone interview and the verbal offer came in the next business day. A written one followed within a week (due to some internal bureaucracy and probably also background checks) , which I immediately accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, probably because I had a proven record in the field and too many people knew me within the organisation from the previous dealings.   Answer Question
    I was actually offered salary above my expectations, so didn't need to negotiate at all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Applied via employee referral. One interview with the hiring manager and a couple of senior team members.

Interview Questions
    • Extremely basic interview question - Tell me about yourself. I rambled on for half hour and I had the job.   Answer Question
    I stuck to my guns and they almost matched it.

Sales Director Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Picked up in an acquisition

Worked for a company acquired by HP

APAC Lead Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

fastest interview ever... 22 min interview. covered what they needed to know quickly, gave clear expectations.

Interview Questions
    • questions about who i was, work life, attitude to work, who am i outside of work.   Answer Question
    ok... sounds good enuf.