Hilton Worldwide

2.7

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2014.

I send cv, did telephone interview with HR and interview with a finance director, wrote a 250 words essay about Mutual Benefit for the company and me and did the shl online test. This Finance director was nice and he gave me his name card after the interview. I felt confident about getting the offer.

Final interview was with another regional finance director over the phone. Failed at the last interview, because he asked only negative questions and kept silence all the time. It was not conversational, and the questions were harsh and a bit rude. Maybe he just want to test my ability when dealing with an annoy customer.

Interview Questions
    • If I ring your referee now, what are the 3 weaknesses about you that he will tell me?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairns
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairns

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2013.

There were two interviews for applying for the job position. FIrst, I was interviewed by the HR manager. Then I was interviewed by the director of all departments and managers from F&B department.

Interview Questions
    • How would your friends describe you as a person(when you are not with them)   View Answer

Assistant Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2011.

Informative, thorough, organized and helpful.

N/A

Function Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2009.

quite formal interview as the company was looking for a part time function supervisor. the competition was intensive, by the time i was interviewed, there were 20 applicants were inverviewed and another 20-30 people after me.

Interview Questions
    • why did you want to be in the hospitality industry as your backgound is in accounting?   Answer Question

Guest Services Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Submitted an online application through the Hilton website, HR called back just over a week later to schedule an interview. They had scheduled a number of candidates for back-to-back interviews with management. I spoke with the front desk manager first, and then with the hotel's general manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes total, for both conversations.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were routine interview questions (why do you want to work here, what strengths would you bring to the job, what are your goals, etc). They also asked me to give an example from a previous job where I contributed to team building efforts, and asked how I would deal with an angry guest.   Answer Question
    The online application had a space for requested wage. I received the hourly rate I requested on the application - there did not seem to be another opportunity to negotiate.

House Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

I filled an application online and it took over 20 minutes, after 2 weeks I received a phone call asking which interview slot I want and what to bring. I

Interview Questions
    • They weren't that difficult, questions were like have you experience working with cleaning chemicals or the hotel industries each answer was rated, are you a perfectionist and of so explain   Answer Question

Got offered another job.

Assistant Director of Food and Beverage Interview

Walk through and short interview. Waited 100 minutes to start interview. Was told it is typical by staff. Was not given many answers to my questions. HR manager did not show. Was told to direct questions to HR in another state via email

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Two interviews: virtual interview followed by in-person interview.

Typical questions as well as ones about what you would do in certain circumstances.

I ended up withdrawing my application though.

The virtual interview was odd ... There is no do-over so it is important to make sure that you practice and are comfortable speaking to a webcam...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your coworker left on break even though there is a long line of customers ....?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Straightforward process, applied through a local job platform. I went through a series of interviews with HR representatives, the heads of departments and also a formal discussion with the General Manager for final approval. There were also two tests - language skills and test for logical reasoning. Process was very smooth and professional.

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview was quick and painless. I applied online and got a phone interview about 3-weeks to a month later. After passing the phone interview I did an in office interview a week and a half later. The questions were very simple and the standard situational and behavioral questions. About another week later or less I received an offer and shortly completed the paperwork.

No negotiation. I worked for a very busy Hilton so the pay was nice.