Hilton Worldwide

Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.7

Finance Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Got an invitation for interview on next day,
    Did the interview through HireVue. It need to be done within 48hours, the HireVue provide practices before started, make sure you do it, it was helpful
    The whole interview process was quite straight forward and easy.

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2014.

I send cv, did telephone interview with HR and interview with a finance director, wrote a 250 words essay about Mutual Benefit for the company and me and did the shl online test. This Finance director was nice and he gave me his name card after the interview. I felt confident about getting the offer.

Final interview was with another regional finance director over the phone. Failed at the last interview, because he asked only negative questions and kept silence all the time. It was not conversational, and the questions were harsh and a bit rude. Maybe he just want to test my ability when dealing with an annoy customer.

Interview Questions
    • If I ring your referee now, what are the 3 weaknesses about you that he will tell me?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairns
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairns

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2013.

There were two interviews for applying for the job position. FIrst, I was interviewed by the HR manager. Then I was interviewed by the director of all departments and managers from F&B department.

Interview Questions
    • How would your friends describe you as a person(when you are not with them)   View Answer

Assistant Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2011.

Informative, thorough, organized and helpful.

N/A

Function Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide
    Anonymous Employee in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2009.

quite formal interview as the company was looking for a part time function supervisor. the competition was intensive, by the time i was interviewed, there were 20 applicants were inverviewed and another 20-30 people after me.

Interview Questions
    • why did you want to be in the hospitality industry as your backgound is in accounting?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online then was invited to have a self webcam interview. You get to have a practice session using the webcam, however, I still felt awkward and wished it was one-on-one instead.

Interview Questions
    • As for me, I felt very awkward and uncomfortable answering questions to the computer screen with nobody on the other side and no response. The questions were all the job entailed questions focused on sales which were pretty expected.   Answer Question

Group Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Applied online, got an email saying to attend an assessment centre, was fun! I then got told I was successful and I have a phone interview, which was about my experience, I then got a phone call a week later to say I got the job.

No negotiation.

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2015.

The lady and was very professional. Asked me what I knew about Hilton; tell me about myself and asked what experience I had. My overall impression was a very positive one. High ethics and strong commitment to quality.

Assistant Food & Beverage Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Typically with corporate hotels, most postings are required to be open for one to two weeks minimum at which point it's removed. I applied online and heard from the recruitment center about ten days later. Initial interview with the HR recruiter asked standard hotel and management related questions. After speaking with HR, my application was forwarded to the department manager and the assistant director. I had an interview with each, where they asked both interview-type questions... very easy, conversational and comfortable. I then interviewed with the F&B Director and Assistant director, followed by the hotel manager (which is fairly uncharacteristic, but a strategy this property utilizes). Each interview was great and the formality diminished as I spoke to managers "higher up the chain." Everyone was professional, fun, upbeat, excited about their jobs and asked questions I felt to be relevant and truly important rather than basic and impractical.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to repair a work relationship with a superior staff member   View Answer

Great fit for me as a company, but this role was not right for me.

Director of Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

The interviewer did almost all of the talking and anytime I was asked a question, he would interrupt me or discourage any of my suggestions. He said they would be calling in a week with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • There was one question and it was simply "Why would you like to work for Hilton."   Answer Question