Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.7

Finance Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Sydney).

Interview

Got an invitation for interview on next day,
    Did the interview through HireVue. It need to be done within 48hours, the HireVue provide practices before started, make sure you do it, it was helpful
    The whole interview process was quite straight forward and easy.

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Sydney) in February 2014.

Interview

I send cv, did telephone interview with HR and interview with a finance director, wrote a 250 words essay about Mutual Benefit for the company and me and did the shl online test. This Finance director was nice and he gave me his name card after the interview. I felt confident about getting the offer.

Final interview was with another regional finance director over the phone. Failed at the last interview, because he asked only negative questions and kept silence all the time. It was not conversational, and the questions were harsh and a bit rude. Maybe he just want to test my ability when dealing with an annoy customer.

Interview Questions

• If I ring your referee now, what are the 3 weaknesses about you that he will tell me?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairns

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Cairns) in March 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews for applying for the job position. FIrst, I was interviewed by the HR manager. Then I was interviewed by the director of all departments and managers from F&B department.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you as a person(when you are not with them)   1 Answer

Assistant Night Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Melbourne) in June 2011.

Interview

Informative, thorough, organized and helpful.

Negotiation

N/A

Function Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Adelaide) in August 2009.

Interview

quite formal interview as the company was looking for a part time function supervisor. the competition was intensive, by the time i was interviewed, there were 20 applicants were inverviewed and another 20-30 people after me.

Interview Questions

• why did you want to be in the hospitality industry as your backgound is in accounting?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Interview

Applied online, was called in to meet with one of the supervisors, then was called back to fill out paperwork with HR. Very easy, very standard for this type of position.

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and short. It was your average interview. But the advertised job was not the same one that was offered in the interview. I was prepared for job that was advertise.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online then was invited to have a self webcam interview. You get to have a practice session using the webcam, however, I still felt awkward and wished it was one-on-one instead.

Interview Questions

• As for me, I felt very awkward and uncomfortable answering questions to the computer screen with nobody on the other side and no response. The questions were all the job entailed questions focused on sales which were pretty expected.   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hilton Worldwide (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

First applied through the Hilton Website, later got a call from the Front office manager.it was a normal interview with two Front office manager/supervisor. They was polite and very positive. They told that they will let me know by next weekend. They just started with previous job experience and then few situational questions Hoping for the best

Interview Questions

• 1)Why do you want to work as a receptionist?
      2)Why are you interested to work in Hilton group?
      3)What you know about this property of Hilton?
      4)How do you deal with customer complaints?
      5)Where do you see yourself two years from now?

1 Answer

Manager ECommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilton Worldwide (Addison, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

As previous people stated, there are three steps to the interview process. The first is with the recruiter, second is an phone interview with upper manager and third (final) is in-peron with upper as well as co-workers. The interview was a bit weird for me. While the recruit frank was very open and honest he also left but some critical areas of the position. He also was very focused on your financial expectations and why you were leaving the current job. These are normal questions often asked on 2nd interviews but was very pushy into the reasoning. When giving him a range of what I currently made he assumed the lowest and avoided mentioning the position's current and max pay. It took him awhile to respond even when asked what was the pay range for the job, which it was actually about the same of what I was currently making. The "sale" was that Hilton has bonuses so the increase would be on the bonus.
    I ended up having a 2nd interview that following afternoon, which I learned a lot more about the job was more SEM and Pay. These were things not really stated and I did ask for clarifications from the recruiter on this as my experience was limited. Unfortunately, the two people on the phone where pushing and also wanted details on how I would handle a particular project if a hotel wasn't increasing in traffic. I had no idea because I wasn't familiar with their practice and honestly told them that but what I would do outside of researching. It was a pretty "intimating" interview with questions as it seems they were looking for someone who already knew or where in the current position. They also noted that I would be shifting from my current position and it seemed to be a problem, which I noted to them before. It wasn't the best interview on both sides so I would say just be read over what others stated and be ready for any type of question and ignore any attitudes.
    Note: Both interview calls where late in calling and the 2nd interviewees where kinda jerks without being polite or anything. As soon as the interview was over, I sent an email to the recruiter to decline going further. I was just to turned off by the process to go further.

Interview Questions

• How much are you currently being paid? What is your expectations for salary?   1 Answer