Hilton Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Night Manager Interview

Assistant Night Manager
Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2011.

Interview Details Informative, thorough, organized and helpful.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Food and Beverage Attendant Interview

Food and Beverage Attendant
Cairns

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2013.

Interview Details There were two interviews for applying for the job position. FIrst, I was interviewed by the HR manager. Then I was interviewed by the director of all departments and managers from F&B department.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you as a person(when you are not with them)   View Answer

Function Supervisor Interview

Function Supervisor
Adelaide

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2009.

Interview Details quite formal interview as the company was looking for a part time function supervisor. the competition was intensive, by the time i was interviewed, there were 20 applicants were inverviewed and another 20-30 people after me.

Interview Question – why did you want to be in the hospitality industry as your backgound is in accounting?   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details Very long process. Hiring manager/decision maker had busy travel schedule and recruiter often didn't have update. Hiring manager told me I would come back for group interview. Over a month went by and that group interview never happened. Recruiter called and told me moving in another direction - ultimately was filled with internal employee.

Interview Question – Assuming you get the job, and we are sitting here at your 1 year review, what will that look like? What will you have accomplished?   Answer Question

Work At Home Reservation Sales Specialist Interview Interview

Work At Home Reservation Sales Specialist Interview
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online in late May and completed the personality test and call center simulation the same day. Within about 3 weeks I received an email inviting me to conduct the video interview, which consists 20 questions --- only 5 of which are actual recorded video answers -- the rest were essay questions I had to type in.

About 2 weeks after that, I was emailed to schedule the final telephone interview with my assigned recruiter. I did so upon receipt of the email from her assistant, and was scheduled for the following week. Got on the call, and was almost immediately rescheduled because the reception wasn't clear on her end -- I later realized. Was assured that this in no way would impact my hire-ability because it was a common occurrence since barely anyone had land-lines anymore (I do, but I only use it for emergency services and to send faxes). I did sense some sarcasm in the long lecture I got about how important a phone interview is, but I let it ride--chalked it up to being part of corporate life and dealing with different personalities--and possible exhaustion on her part. My interview was in the afternoon and she was about 10 minutes late in calling.

But, conducted the rescheduled interview 2 days later. Lots of "tell me about a time" behavioral questions. I thought I did well. Standard stuff. I know I all but aced the role play because they furnish you the questions/scenarios days BEFORE the interview and I actually answered ALL OF THEM beforehand in writing, and did research to ensure I wouldn't trip up. The role play ran smoothly and I even got the outcome I wanted (from a sales perspective), despite hesitation from the "client" . Was told I'd hear back within 5 days. I sent my thank you letter (as I normally do for any job interview, AND as was suggested by Hilton in the prep packet they email you).

Exactly 7 days later, I got the impersonal "reject" email. I wasn't too upset because they had posted the same exact job AGAIN earlier that week for a more preferred shift, so I applied for that one while I was waiting to hear back about the one I actually interviewed for. I emailed my recruiter and the main HR department for feedback on my interview and asking if I could be considered for the new one I applied for (not an unconventional request). Got read receipts for both emails but no answer. TODAY (exactly 7 days later), I got the second impersonal "reject email". So, I don't know. Maybe I'm over-qualified (they prefer a Bachelors degree and I have a Masters), I came off too professional and well-versed in business operations (aka, a potential troublemaker) or my Hilton employee referral wasn't up to snuff (guilty by association).

I initially thought that maybe I didn't have a perfect "phone voice" but I know of others that work for them in this capacity, with similar voices AND mine could CLEARLY be heard on the video interview I submitted 3 weeks prior.

So back to square one with the confusion. But I figured I'd a provide a not-so-glamorous viewpoint of the hiring process for THIS particular position, and maybe find other lost souls like me that have NO IDEA as to why they weren't ultimately hired.

They hire for this job in Florida and Texas A LOT -- as in a class every month -- so turnover must be pretty high. Maybe I should count my blessings?

Interview Question – Tell me a time you didn't reach a goal and how did you deal with that -- to ensure it wouldn't happen again? (paraphrasing)   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Work From Home Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Work From Home Reservation Sales Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2014.

Interview Details Had to fill out an online application and do a personality test along with a stimulation of working in a call center. It was really easy but time consuming because you have to listen to the whole "training" first. Shortly after that was submitted I got an email to do a video interview on hirevue. It said the process would take 70 minutes but only took around 10. Only a few questions were video related and they give you 3 minutes to answer. The rest were all "essay" questions mostly requiring yes or no responses. A week or so later I received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a few days later and very challenging. The whole process took an hour long. The questions were ones I really had to think about to come up with answers. You then have to do a role play over the phone with the interviewer. They give you the information before hand so make sure you prepare! You must go step by step through a reservation process and must ask discovery questions to determine the best room to sell. I ended up not selling the room and I was confident I bombed the interview but got a call 2 days later with a job offer!

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to come up with a new solution to something and it failed. Tell me what it was, why it failed, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They go over the pay you decide what schedule you will be working.

Work At Home Sales and Customer Service Interview

Work At Home Sales and Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2014.

Interview Details Filled out application, did mock virtual sales room call, had virtual interview with question asked by a computer and then 30 seconds to respond, called by recruiting for real interview, once interview was performed I was offered the job the following day. Interview had question about previous experience and why you would be a good candidate for the job. You were also sent a script and had to do mock reservation with the interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a customer was upset with you and how you responded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating salary. Everyone gets the same pay coming into the job.

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2013.

Interview Details Basic questions were asked. Not very informative about company and policies. The interviewer came across as if he was bored and didn't want to be there. I don't think I would have gotten the job without me knowing one of the managers. They did a background check and it took over a week before I knew I actually got the job.

Negotiation Details – Make sure you ask what the pay is and not assume a certain amount.

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Reservation Sales Specialist
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2014.

Interview Details The interview process is an interesting one, and a first for me. Few interviews are pleasant for anyone, but this one is right up there with the best of them so far.

You can start the process by going to the Hilton Worldwide website, filling out your profile, uploading a resume and a cover letter (as I did), and then move on to searching for jobs in your area. Reservation Sales Specialist jobs are only in Tampa and Dallas in the U.S. After the basic questions, there is a personality profile and a math test, which includes percentages - not tough, but a few layered questions that need a bit of thought. The personality profile asks questions like, "Do you like to be in a crowd of people," "Do you enjoy teamwork," and "Do you like art?" There are a few on anger management as well. In this section, I would imagine they are looking to see if you are the sort of person that would easily be sparked into an argument with clients. I was surprised that I passed this segment - not that it was difficult, but because there were a lot of questions - I think they can get a pretty good idea of the kind of person you are with your answers. This section on the Hilton website took me approximately two sittings. It is a bit tedious, but understandably so.

Unlike the previous reviewer, I received an email from their virtual interviewer, HireVue, the next day. It looks like as it gets closer to the Orientation date/Training schedule, the quicker you will hear from them. I applied for both the part time and full time position. The full time orientation is on July 7th, 2014, which is only a few weeks away.

I received three emails. One asks you to click on a link that will take you to a video of more about Hilton as a company and three call simulations, including up-selling. Sadly, the volume on call part of the video was so low, it was impossible to actually hear what was going on. There is also a link to a .iso image that they ask you to download and burn to a disc, then start up your computer from the disc. The disc you burn checks to see if you have a wired connection to the internet, how much ram, etc, and apparently sends Hilton an email letting them know that if your computer has passed this part of the interview. I think it also checks on exactly how computer saavy you are. Really, if you follow the directions, you should be fine. Mine went off without a hitch. They request you complete this step within 24 hours, however, if you are pressed for time, they suggest you do the HireVue interview first.

The next email asks you to take the virtual interview, and the third email is a reminder to take the interview;D.
The virtual interview is interesting. I had about 5 or 6 video questions in which they give you only 30 seconds to prepare, just like a real interview. One question was about do you, and how do you motivate people, another was asking the definition of integrity, and of course, explain which jobs in your past qualify you for this position, and why do you think you will be good at this job, and I think I remember one about teamwork and reaching goals...sorry, can't remember exactly. Once the interview is done, you get a thank you email stating "Thank you for completing your interview! A representative from Hilton Worldwide will contact you about next steps." And that's where I sit now. I will update if the interview progresses to the next stage.

Update: I had my phone interview today and was offered the job. Let me say that the interviewer, Tina, was wonderful. If you are nervous at all, she will make you feel at ease. I really can't say enough good things about her. As other reviewers have said, the questions are basic, however challenging if you are an optimist. "Give me an example of where you failed and how you fixed it" - sort of questions. I don't really wallow in failure, I think in terms of success, so it was tough for me to remember a bad situation - but Tina helped me through and I was able to think in a more detailed way. Make no mistake, this is a sales position, so if you think that way, you will be fine.

After the personality questions, we went through the mock call. Again, think sales. Start with the most expensive package and ask for the sale immediately after you explain the room - this is most important. You have to know how to close the sale.

Although this was the first time I have done online interviews, I must say it was a fabulous experience from beginning to end. So far, I am very impressed with Hilton and the entire interview process. If you really want the job, you will be prepared for the interview. All the answers are in the pages they send you. Take the time, prepare, and write out each scenario and your responses before the call and you will be fine. I am excited to get started!

Interview Question – What does integrity mean to you?   View Answer

Revenue Specialist- Revenue Management Consolidated Center Interview

Revenue Specialist- Revenue Management Consolidated Center
Addison, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details They asked the typical interview questions, including why Hilton. There was a case study that was given, with 20 min to complete. I had never been in this type of interview so it was a bit unexpected to me.

Interview Question – 20 Min case study, basing one companies revenue against 3 others.   Answer Question

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!