Hitachi Consulting

Getting the Interview

103 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in December 2010.

Interview Details Hiring proocess was good, well co-ordinated and well communicated.
Interview process was just ok, person interview had less knowledge and experience than me. He could not ask questions based on my exp.

Interview Question – Tables and columns names   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.

Interview Question – We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do?   View Answer

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Question – 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
3) How much experience have you had with excel?
  Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
"Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Question – The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Question – What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
  Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview Details Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Question – Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Senior Consultant II Interview

Senior Consultant II
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Contract to hire, so no problem for me.

Interview Question – Didn't have any   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview Details Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.

Interview Question – Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting