Hitachi Consulting

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Salary

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

Great communication and planning before the interview, and they seemed very keen. They offered to skip the first interview and went straight to a technical challenge, which was relatively straight-forward if you know your stuff. Their office in a great location on the London Riverside (although the numbering system is crazy, so don't panic if you pass buildings numbers 1, 6 and 3 in that order!). The people came across as very friendly in person. Unfortunately after the interview their communication has been abysmal, with absolutely no contact afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The interview mainly consisted of many different "guess what I'm thinking of" or "say the magic phrase" type questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

First round to back to back interviews
    both a combination of behavioral and resume screening interview
    asked questions based off experiences
    why hitachi?
    why consulting?
    they want to assess how you go about solving problems
    group case study and individual case study in final round

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions
    • The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview
    3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Hiring process is robust and transparent

Consultant Interview

Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Questions
    • -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.
        Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Questions
    not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2013.

Recruiters are good and they are like sales man bcz most of the people are not joining Hitachi Consulting after getting the offer so they are selling to the job seekers anyway. Overall Not matured and not transparent.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have exprience in the domain, technology and client handling This question comes to you from the managers after joining the organisation and after getting selected in the client interview.   View Answer
    NA