Hitachi Consulting

Updated 2 Dec 2014
Updated 2 Dec 2014

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.

Interview Questions
    • We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Contract to hire, so no problem for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Salary

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

Great communication and planning before the interview, and they seemed very keen. They offered to skip the first interview and went straight to a technical challenge, which was relatively straight-forward if you know your stuff. Their office in a great location on the London Riverside (although the numbering system is crazy, so don't panic if you pass buildings numbers 1, 6 and 3 in that order!). The people came across as very friendly in person. Unfortunately after the interview their communication has been abysmal, with absolutely no contact afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The interview mainly consisted of many different "guess what I'm thinking of" or "say the magic phrase" type questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

First round to back to back interviews
    both a combination of behavioral and resume screening interview
    asked questions based off experiences
    why hitachi?
    why consulting?
    they want to assess how you go about solving problems
    group case study and individual case study in final round