Hobby Lobby Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
109 interviews

2.3

Certified Custom Framer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

There wasn't much of an interview. I submitted my resume & application & was called to fill out paper work. There is extensive testing that goes along with this position that is required to get & keep your job. There is no raise in pay after acquiring all of the detailed knowledge needed for this position.

Interview Questions
    • The testing is the only thing you really need to do. There were the basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I started right away & the pay was non-negotiable.

Co-Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

I applied on line and appox 3 days I received a call from a recruitor to set up time for phone interview. Two days later I had phone interview and was told if I was considered would get call for face interview. Received call about week later for face interview. Did 10 references plus test on line. Passed them would have face interview. Had face interview and was told I would hear something in 3 to 5 days. It's.been almost 3 weeks and email or response if I got position or not...:( really wanted to work for them

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

a long and dragged out process. you have to apply first, then you have a phone interview. After that you have to send out an assessment to about 10 people to do a quick survey on you and your experience regarding the position. Then you have to do a test that's similar to a standardized one. Then you do your actual interview which in it self is a process..

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I knew it was a Christian based company which made me feel uncomfortable.   Answer Question
    you should try to get 2 weeks vacation from the start which is easy. and id fight for every dollar because raises are once a year based on evaluation.

Co Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Easy interview if you are willing to relocate. I did, to odessa, tx.. Not able to relocate, and the interview would of ended. We walked store, talked about their processes and expectations. Talked about their use of ipads to order. Never talked about how many daily hours you woyld work or how many open to close shifts.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boardman, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

Sat down with the manager and started through typical questions. He got a phone call and left the room for about 5 minutes to talk to his employees about something, then resumed a typical interview. Took a percentages math test that he let me retake once he taught me how to do the math (it's been years since math class!)

Interview Questions

I had another interview the next day and was honest about it. He understood and let me get back to him.

Department Head Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

The hiring and interviewing process is relatively quick. Store manager tends to wait until the last possible minute then it's a hiring frenzy. Come early. Expect interruptions, smile and say YES to be absolutely flexible.

Interview Questions
    • The only criteria is to be completely available and flexible.   View Answer

Stockman Interview

Spoke with the Store Manager and carried an interview for well over an hour going over history and future desires. Had a fun time talking and really didn't have any major issues come up during the process. We covered the concerns of the business and finished with a math test to qualify me as an applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Was $10.00 an hour enough to continue with the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2013.

Basic Interview Questions from GM, such as why you want to work for them, what were the past jobs and if there was any desire to move up in the company and general math test.

No negotiations

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2010.

Gave resume to store manager and was called for interview within 4 days. I was quite impressed with the interviewing manager. He was easy to talk to and he answered questions I had. The position was explained well. Atmosphere was inviting and pleasant. Responsibilities ended up being more extensive than outlined in interview. Was not informed that here would be many extended shifts which would sometimes be in excess of 12 hours.

Negotiate?

All Around Store Employee Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in March 2014.

Easy - in person, math test, All the standard questions that you would expect after filling out an application - "Why do you want to work here?", "Do you have transportation?", "Can you work 7AM to 7PM?" "Have you worked in retail before?"

None - take it or leave it.

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!