Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Holcim (US)
- Electrical Maintenance (1)
- Senior Financial Analyst (1)
- Senior IT Manager (1)
- Controller (1)
- Maintenance Engineer (1)
- Accepted OfferDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Holcim (US) (Trident, MT (US)) in December 2014.
Phone interview, personal interview, and plant tour. Honest and helpful company information. Background check was very slow but contacts were very easy to reach. The plant tour gave a great perspective on everyday life at work.
- Give an instance where you have had to supervise someone. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at Holcim (US) (Dundee, MI (US)) in April 2012.
General answers to questions on type of person you were. Technical questions were average. Would have expected more questions on what I would have done in a given situation. Wasn't concerned with certifications, versus real world experiences. Internal promotions were less than satisfying. Promoting from within should be more prevalent, and promote teamwork and dedication to Holcim.
- Nothing unexpected was asked or even difficult. Was satisfied with the questions and weren't difficult to respond to. Answer Question
No negotiation on salary.
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAccepted OfferNegative Experience
I applied online – interviewed at Holcim (US) (Bloomsdale, MO (US)) in September 2011.
Long and tedious ask lots of questions lots of hands on practical tests come after you have passed written test then physical abillity test then you have to take drug test also drug test are in a lottey after employment
- How you will handle different situations Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Holcim (US) in January 2011.
Several steps for interview including 2 phone interviews, one pre-interview on site, another 4 hour interview in the TSI style where 3 high level managers asked pointed questions that had to be answered in the STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Result. This interview was followed up with an interview with the SVP of Manufacturing. Then I was called back for an interview with the entire Management Team, who then made a decision as to whether I was a good fit for the company.
- What was the worst decision you ever made? 1 Answer
I was able to negotiate very little on salary and was able to get 3 weeks of vacation to start.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Holcim (US) in October 2010.
Two behavioral interview, each one with 2 persons. The first group interview was conducted by the hiring manager and HR manager. The second interview was held by the a regional controller and by the director of finance.
- Working with people from diverse backgrounds can be difficult. Tell e about a time when you faced a significant challenge working with people from different organizations. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review