Home Depot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Burlington, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was question and answering. The hiring process was a background check and a drug test. I thought the process went well. The interviewer was very professional. Took me to meet the manager and told the manager that I meet all qualification for the job and was given paperwork for the drug test.

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Ontario, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2012.

Interview Details I applied and the called me for an interview. 1 generic interview, another more detailed interview then a quick orientation

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview then ased question, called back set up in person interview walked around warehouse, called back for second interview walked around warehouse, HR made offer after interview given one day to take drug test after passing took one week and a half to set up orientation oreintation last about one week paid for it though.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you found work the most diffcult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy one two three

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Reston, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in May 2010.

Interview Details Standard, test and interview.

Interview Question – Simple really, nothing out of the ordinarry   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed at Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and received a phone interview asking me simple questions, most of which required a yes or no answer

Interview Question – "Please tell me about a time when you were working in a team and you lead exceptionally well"   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Salem, MA (US)

Interviewed at Home Depot

Interview Details Applied in person, talked with manager, was sent for a drug test and stared right away.

Interview Question – All questions were relative to my work experience and straight forward.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details There are several interviews in one day, following an skills test. The interviews are behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – the interviewers body language. they are trained to show no emotion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was very little negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Homewood, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in May 2011.

Interview Details The application was a simple 20 minute endeavor, and the phone interview came not long after that. They asked me simple questions to verify points made on my application such as the ability to translate Spanish, my math skills, and problem solving techniques. However, it took some finagling to get the in person interview. I went into the store in person to seek out the hiring manager, and from there, she decided to schedule an interview. My interviewer was an ASM named Dan Pryor, who now is another THD location, he was very personable and easygoing, which made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – How would you go about handling a situation in which you were to work with another associate who may have a bad attitude towards you or is very quiet?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Niles, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details Must do a 1 hour store walk thru before interview, however they barely ask during the interview. Initial interview is with the store management, then a second interview with the District Management.

Interview Question – Not all Store Managers require, but there is a role play portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2013.

Interview Details There were over five phone interviews followed by an in-person interview, drug test, finger printing, and both credit/criminal background checks.

Interview Question – This is a job for an entrepreneur. There were no unexpected questions or any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is 100% commission with no salary or hourly rate. There was no negotiation phase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot

Worked for Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Home Depot Videos

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot interview questions and advice. All 1,197 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.