Home Depot

1,207 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Pensacola, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Depot in July 2013.

Interview Details About a 20-30 min interview process. Questions are broad based and mostly centered around " tell me about a time when" or, "what would you do if" They make you feel very comfortable during the entire process.

Interview Question – What do you see as your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details Online application, you get a call from corporate for a phone interview. If it goes well, you get an in store meeting. Got hired on the spot pending a urine test.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary for a retail position.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Burlington, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was question and answering. The hiring process was a background check and a drug test. I thought the process went well. The interviewer was very professional. Took me to meet the manager and told the manager that I meet all qualification for the job and was given paperwork for the drug test.

Project Support Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Home Depot in January 2013.

Interview Details Completed application online, received a call from a computer generated person who asked a few questions. Once completed, a human person asked additional questions and scheduled an interview face to face with the Store Manager.

Interview Question – Most difficult question to answer can you be available at ant time to work!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

North Ft Myers, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details initial interview at store with assistant manager. he was very polite and professional. good interview.

Interview Question – what are my hobbies and pasttime activities   View Answer

Reason for Declining – need parttime job

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2011.

Interview Details Had a telephone interview first and then received a call back with a time and date for a face to face interview. I met with an assistant store manager who asked about my experience in retail sales and customer service. Of course I had been dealing with the public for a long time so that was not a problem for me and besides I like people. Other than that it was a straight forward interview with typcal questions like, why I wanted to work for Home Depot and what I thought I could bring to the team to help it or improve it.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered an hourly rate and I accepted it

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details Had a phone interview 3 - 4 weeks after applying online at about 6 different locations. Phone interview was short and simple. Called in 2-3 months later for in-store interview. This was more like a screening - very informal. Used a standard packet of 6-7questions and jotted down responses of one to two sentences. Did not take many notes at all. Workers came and went through the room during the whole process. Called in 2 days later for third and final interview with district manager. Told to come in two days later and that I needed to come in on that specific day. Manager was running 20 minutes late, so I had to sit around with nothing to do for 20 minutes in the work room. When we met for the interview, it was extremely short and simple. Just wanted to know if I could do the job, really wanted the job, and was capable. Lasted about 20 minutes or less.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating - except for days/times worked - but even that was discouraged

Sales Associate Interview

Riverhead, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2011.

Interview Details Interviewer only wanted to fill out company form and did not accept a more detailed resume.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult if you had any sales experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it onthe part of management.

Lot Associate Interview

Reno, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied multiple times online and was finally called for an interview. Interview was simple, obvious questions like why do want to work at Home Depot and how would you deal with an unsatisfied customer.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty straight forward and simple.   Answer Question

Home Services Interview

Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Home Depot in January 2014.

Interview Details manger over promised opportunity. Territories are not all equal. MGR. stated I do not want to work and do things by self. Store assoc said would never make money. MGR NEVER ALLOWS DAY OFF

Interview Question – HOW hard r u willing to work. I run team like a Sport? Those who do better get better stores.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – He was selling me a lie.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot

Worked for Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Home Depot Videos

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot interview questions and advice. All 1,207 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.