University of Phoenix

www.phoenix.edu

University of Phoenix Enrollment Counselor Interview Question

I interviewed in Honolulu, HI and was asked:
"How do you feel about being on the phone all day (at work) and having your calls monitored?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Enrollment Counselor Interview Review - one of 208 University of Phoenix Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 1
I said that I expected a high volume of phone work, but added that I didn't consider the phone to be the only medium to effectively convey the school's message, nor did making a certain number of phone calls per day automatically translate into success. (This was obviously not the answer they wanted to hear.) I didn't follow up with a question on their motive for monitoring phone calls; I had all the information I needed without having to ask this question.
- Interview Candidate on Apr 10, 2012
of 0
votes
If you are asked about a fundamental piece of your job like, "How do you feel about being on the phone all day and having your call monitored or recorded?" and you are interviewing for a position as a customer service representative. You must always answer that you are super comfortable with that activity.

If you can, you also want to give an example that shows why you are comfortable with that activity. So if you are asked "How do you feel about being on the phone all day and having your call monitored?" You can reply with something like, "Well, I feel really comfortable about that. I've always been someone who has spent way too much time on the phone. My phone bill is always been super expensive for me, and I have had siblings eavesdrops on my calls at random moments. Also my parents will eavesdrop on my calls. So really nothing will be different for me except now I get paid for it. So that's something I feel great about."

Here we were able to give an example to prove that we are actually comfortable with these specific skill or requirement that they give.
- Interview Success on Jul 19, 2013

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Tags are like keywords, helping to categorise interview questions that have something in common.