Hyatt

Updated 26 Nov 2014
Updated 26 Nov 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

I received a phone call about my inquiry. I was informed of a position at the time. I was given a few days notice of appointment. I was hired by G.M.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Very thorough, met with a variety of people very professional- the HR manager was very kind and everyone went over all of the hiring and internal details very thoroughly, everyone knew their steps and the hiring process was very seamless

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unruly or rude guest when you are in the midst of handling a full occupancy check in night?   Answer Question
    N/A

Operating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Applied on line and a few days later was called to have the first interview with the Director of Engineering where a great deal of questions revolved around knowledge of mechanical systems which are critical to the operation of a NYC high rise building.
    This interview was followed by a second with the hotel's General Manager a week later and the following day there was a background check and drug test. After the results came in several days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • was based on equipment I knew of through schooling but had actually never worked on.   View Answer
    This is a union position. The contract was already negotiated through collective bargaining.

Part Time Server- Banquet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in November 2014.

I was interviewed by the HR manager as well as the Banquet manager. Duration of the interview last 30-40min. General questions were asked regarding my past experience and what I have to offer to the company. Both interviewers were very nice and laid back. Relaxed atmosphere. If you are a male, show up clean shaven, no scruff (Company standards)

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

The interview from start to hire was 3 weeks. I applied online and 3 days later I got a call from their HR. They conducted an on the spot telephone interview which I was not ready for as my 1 year old had just woken up. It was very evident that if I did not conduct the interview on the phone I would not getn an interview in person. The phone interview was very formal and seemed like a quiz. They asked me about the years I worked from a company from 8 years prior. A week later I went in for an interview from a front desk assistant manager. The next day I had an interview with the Rooms executive and a week later had an informal interview with HR. It was a long process but I did get a job off and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that they would conduct an interview on the spot.   Answer Question
    There was none

Sales Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2014.

I applied online and received a call the next business day from someone in HR. I went through a basic phone screen and was told to expect to hear back from a Sales Manager. A couple of days later, I had an interview with two of the Sales Managers. It was a basic interview with nothing out of the ordinary. I received a follow up a few days later to set up an interview with the Sales Director. That interview was also nothing out of the ordinary and was in fact a nice conversation. The Director followed up by saying I would have an interview with the GM within the week. Unfortunately, that interview never occurred as I received an email saying I was a solid candidate, but they went with someone more experienced.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. It would benefit to research Sales Assistant interview questions for what to better prepare yourself.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

You will meet with HR, department managers, division heads and sometimes the GM. I had to spend 3 hours on the first day and than after waiting for 30 minutes for the final interview with the FB director I was told to come back a different day for the final interview. I also had a phone interview with the HR manager prior to meeting with the department head and assistant managers. The phone interview was the generic question and answer. The interview with the department head was casual but the final interview was very formal with professional tones.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the success of our mission and goals   Answer Question
    negotiation is not an option. take it or leave it.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

I had an initial interview with the recruiting manager then she took me up to the front desk manager lastly I interviewed with assistant director of rooms. All were very friendly loved the fact I was a hospitality management graduate and had a great personality and were willing to bring me on board fresh out of school.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate but explained my long term goals of moving up in the company

Home Agent Guest Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in September 2014.

Completed an online application. Received a call a couple of weeks later to schedule an interview. My interview was the following day. The interviewer was pleasant. She went over the duties of the position and the requirements the hotel has set forth for home agents and well as onsite agents. Basic interview questions and the entire conversation lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Before we ended the called, she informed me that a background check and employee verification was the next step, and that there were other applicants still needing to be interviewed and I would hear back in 5-7 days.

6 days later I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, if you are knowledgeable of the customer service and sales field. My suggestion is to be honest and build rapport with the interviewer quickly.   Answer Question
    The pay rate is already set. Negotiation was involved in the process.

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL (US)

I had a very personal one-on-one interview with the Payroll Manager who was very inviting and comfortable to speak with. The interview played out like a natural conversation between the Payroll Manager and I where she'd discuss the company industry, reorganizations taking place, the new systems implementations that were needed and about to be rolled out, etc. In return, I'd bounce off her presentation of the company and Payroll Coordinator role, sharing my previous experiences and knowledge that would allow me to team up and make significant contributions to the department that i felt were necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the Payroll Coordinator position. I felt very welcomed and optimistic walking out of my interview, thinking that I connected with the Payroll Manager on a professional and personal level. The interview lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • No questions in particular, accept the ones you have for the Payroll Manager herself. This was a conversation/discussion, not a traditional Q&A interview.   Answer Question