IBM

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Melbourne

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details Phone, Assessment Centre; case study group and individual, 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – When is a time you have thought outside the box   Answer Question

Columbia, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter and then apply. They scheduled a online interview using Skype. The interviewers were friendly but they seemed a little bit in a hurry.

Interview Question – They asked me to describe myself, the typical "tell me about yourself"; it caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details I was referred by a family friend when they had an opening for a summer intern. Because I was referred, I guess I skipped the initial HR inspection and went straight to the interviews. I had a first round chat with the team manager, who simply talked about the team and the project they work on and asked about me and what I was looking for. He was very polite and enjoyable to talk to. After the interview, he emailed me about 1-2 weeks later with an update that he had OK'd me for the next round and I was passed on to someone else on his team.

The second interview was more of a struggle, though it wasn't meant to be. I personally just have a hard time talking about myself, and that's what this interview consisted of. Additionally the team member brought along another team member without giving any prior notice so I was caught off guard and felt more uncomfortable at being on speakerphone. However, as far as intern interviews go, I think IBM is among the easier interviews as there were no technical questions. Both interviews were about half an hour.

Interview Question – Describe a project of yours and include specifics about the classes and data structures that you used.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Interview Details general aptitude followed by technical round then telephonic interview

Interview Question – all are simple questions mainly based on strings like string expansion,palindromes etc   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2013.

Interview Details very simple phone interview. asked me a few questions regarding my interest and if i knew the difference between business to business marketing and business to consumer marketing. basically just show that u are interested in the job and you are willing to work hard.

Boulder, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM in March 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty laid back. I think the whole process took around 3 weeks. I submitted an application and received a call about two weeks later to interview the next week. I went on site and it was a round table interview with the hiring managers or someone they sent in their place to take notes. Questions were pretty normal. I only had one interview and got a job offer a couple weeks later. The managers just wanted to get a feel for who you were and what you wanted to learn so they could put you in the right department.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. They asked what you knew about IBM and why you wanted to be an intern there. They did ask me to give a 30 second commercial to market myself, but it was pretty much the same as being asked to tell them about yourself. They ask for a strength and a weakness, an example of when a teammate wasn't pulling their weight on a project and how you handled it, and an example of a time you failed and what you learned from it and how you came back from it type thing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was originally dissatisfied with my payment offer, but I countered and they accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details Received a call from a hiring manager asking for an interview. Arrived on site and interviewed with three different managers all wanting an interview. Interview was pretty standard questions about school work and class projects. Nothing really technical was covered which I didn't expect.

Was then directed to take an online aptitude test.

Interview Question – No technical questions came up, I didn't expect this.   Answer Question

Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details The hiring process differs very much for every position. I was surprised with 1:1 interview where my bosses were present even for such short-term position.

Interview Question – Tell us a joke.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unpaid position. No negotiation needed.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details Written test(aptitude with Logical). Shortlisted students gave C Aptitude test, followed by two technical round and one hr round

Interview Question – Questions related to embedded system   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details 2 parts, first was behavioral and second was case. Behavioral super easy. Case a little harder, also nice interviewer.

Interview Question – What would your teacher say is your biggest flaw?   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!