IBM Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
2,569 Interview Reviews

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Contacted through agency, phone call interview, asked after one week for face to face interview and test ( logical thinking,mathematical reasoning, accounting/ finance questions).Short time , no panic.They just want to test your stress tolerance. Better answer less questions but correctly than more and incorrectly.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Melbourne).

Interview

I applied for an Intern position as a Logistics Analyst through their website. I received a phone call a few days later for a short 10 minute interview, more to confirm my details than anything else (GPA, Citizenship, why you want to work for IBM, are you willing to be relocated etc.)

After the interview they sent me an email to complete their aptitude test, which from a business degree perspective, was one of the hardest tests I've ever done. It involved numerical sequence questions and worded problems.

After completing that test I got emailed for a first round interview with the HR person. Fairly standard, 20 mins long and asked behavioural based questions.

Got an email a week later for a second round interview with the department manager. It was pretty laid back, he talked about the department, the position and what it entailed etc.

After the second interview a month ago, still waiting for a reply.

Interview Questions

• How would you react in a workplace where your colleagues are always changing?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I Applied online. Received an outsourced phone interview from India, terrible quality connection at 7 am in the morning. No time to prepare. Outsourcing phone interviews is remarkably stingy, IBM.

Interview Questions

• Trying to decipher the heavy accent of the phone interviewer   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (Sydney).

Interview

Interview started through phone for verification of your resume details. Once you passed the phone interview, the hiring manager will schedule your next face-to-face interview. Usually it will take 2 to 5 days before they call you for the interview schedule. The hiring manager will ask you about your professional background and objectives why you are applying for the job. There will be questions based on probing scenarios to check if you can spot business opportunities to sell IBM. Once you have satisfied the hiring manager's qualifications including behavior and attitude, expect next level interview. The over-all business group manager and another manager from a related business group will interview you. The questions are based on the importance of the role to their own businesses and over-all value in achieving targets. Once you satisfied them, next and final interview could be the division head.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell IBM to a client loyal to competition through the telephone.   Answer Question

GBS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Melbourne) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview general application questions, IPAT (CAT) online test numerical series and algebraic questions 45 mins to 1 hr (each question is given 2 mins time limit and you cannot go back) , Face to face interview with HR (bring academic transcript, and proof of identity) basically behavioural questions and a case study.

Pre-Sales Interview

Interview

Spoke to a few people at IBM. Technical and Sales people. 4 interviews. First was with HR. Second with a technical person. Third with sales manager. Fourth was with my current manager. Offer happened after that.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to convince a person to buy your product   1 Answer

Partner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Drawn out of 6 months, the interviews did not seem to build on information gathered in previous rounds. Some of the interviewers (who seemed to have a veto right but no real ownership of the hire) appeared disengaged, while others took the opportunity to emphasise their own personal achievements in a way that did not add any insight into the organisation.

Interview Questions

• What does taking this job mean in terms of where you want to take your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Professional and reasonably quick. The contract matched what was promised. Some negotiation over IP protection but they were more accommodating of carve-outs than I had expected.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Melbourne).

Interview

Random phone interview from Malaysia, then intense IPAT online test. Passed it and then individual interview with one of the recruiters based in Melbourne. AC as last round.

Interview Questions

• individual interview with HR was relatively easy. Basic interview and behavioral questions. Advice: Know your story and experience.   Answer Question

GBS Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Melbourne) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview, this involved basic questions regarding my studies and extra-curricular involvement. This was then followed by a one on one interview with HR at IBM's offices in Meloburne, the HR rep I dealt with was extremely friendly and made the entire experience rather enjoyably, this was great as it was my first ever professional interview. The majority of the questions asked here were behavioural. Finally I was invited to attend an Assessment Centre where we were asked to complete a range of tasks involving team discussion and presentations. On the day of the AC there was another one on one interview with a manager, who asked about university and why I wanted to work in GBS at IBM.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped resolve a conflict in a team scenario   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Online assessment was quite hard, number sequences, they were most likely looking for a threshold
    Phone call twice after that
    They even emailed me the questions
    interview with HR
    interview with two hiring manager. quite friendly