IBM

Getting the Interview

1,947 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details Online assessment was quite hard, number sequences, they were most likely looking for a threshold
Phone call twice after that
They even emailed me the questions
interview with HR
interview with two hiring manager. quite friendly

Interview Question – typical questions, conversation like   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details Phone call from recruiter. She seemed distracted and not to be listening to my answers. Was very terse. Asked to complete and online test.

Interview Question – Why do you stand out for this role?   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details 2 interviews and then an offer, first with a HR representative and second with a senior practitioner from the relevant division.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details I had a few face-to-face interviews, but the big one was a panel interview. I had four people sitting on the same side of the table, opposite of me. They each had their own "script" that had specific questions. They continuously peppered me with question after question.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Melbourne

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interview Details Standard interview with technical questions

Interview Question – how to deal with Clients   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – IBM do what they want and the contract is not worth toilet paper

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Gold Coast

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in July 2012.

Interview Details 2x phone interview, 1x onsite. All very well-organised and expectations were clear. Interviews were both technical and HR-like (eg, 'how do you work in a team' kind of questions). Communication was easy and consistent.

Interview Question – Skills test (eg, 20 questions) across software, systems administration, and networking.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sydney

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM in February 2011.

Interview Details Online test followed by a day of challenges with other applicants.

Interview Question – Number sequences on the online test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable, apart from relocation expenses.

Ibm.com Client Executive Interview

Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details Had an interview with the HR manager, then a IQ test, then another logical testing procedure, then the sales manger, then another division manager, then the HR manager, then i got offered the role. Took about 2.5 months.

Interview Question – From a sales role they wanted to see if I could think outside the box, be innovative, collaborate with a large team and influence them rather than use my authority.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was a take it or leave it discussion.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details Very pleased with the entire application process, I was interviewed over the phone first and then was invited to attend an assessment day where group activities as well as a small presentation and then a one on one interview was conducted. After this day we were contacted with regards to the outcome of the application.

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing was completing a small case study that we were given the night before, we had to research the topic and give a small presentation on it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Graduate Position - First Phone Chat Interview

Sydney

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in August 2013.

Interview Details IBM call you to have a chat to make sure you are a normal person and ask you a few simple questions.

Interview Question – Why have you applied to this role?
What can you bring to the company?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM interview questions and advice. All 1,947 interview reviews are posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.