IBM Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2014
2,152 interviews

2.8

Graduate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at IBM.

I Applied online. Received an outsourced phone interview from India, terrible quality connection at 7 am in the morning. No time to prepare. Outsourcing phone interviews is remarkably stingy, IBM.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to decipher the heavy accent of the phone interviewer   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Interview

Spoke to a few people at IBM. Technical and Sales people. 4 interviews. First was with HR. Second with a technical person. Third with sales manager. Fourth was with my current manager. Offer happened after that.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to convince a person to buy your product   View Answer

Partner Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM.

Drawn out of 6 months, the interviews did not seem to build on information gathered in previous rounds. Some of the interviewers (who seemed to have a veto right but no real ownership of the hire) appeared disengaged, while others took the opportunity to emphasise their own personal achievements in a way that did not add any insight into the organisation.

Interview Questions
    • What does taking this job mean in terms of where you want to take your career?   Answer Question
    Professional and reasonably quick. The contract matched what was promised. Some negotiation over IP protection but they were more accommodating of carve-outs than I had expected.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Random phone interview from Malaysia, then intense IPAT online test. Passed it and then individual interview with one of the recruiters based in Melbourne. AC as last round.

Interview Questions
    • individual interview with HR was relatively easy. Basic interview and behavioral questions. Advice: Know your story and experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at IBM.

Online assessment was quite hard, number sequences, they were most likely looking for a threshold
    Phone call twice after that
    They even emailed me the questions
    interview with HR
    interview with two hiring manager. quite friendly

Software Engineer Interview

Phone call from recruiter. She seemed distracted and not to be listening to my answers. Was very terse. Asked to complete and online test.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

2 interviews and then an offer, first with a HR representative and second with a senior practitioner from the relevant division.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

I had a few face-to-face interviews, but the big one was a panel interview. I had four people sitting on the same side of the table, opposite of me. They each had their own "script" that had specific questions. They continuously peppered me with question after question.

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Standard interview with technical questions

Interview Questions
    IBM do what they want and the contract is not worth toilet paper

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gold Coast
    Anonymous Employee in Gold Coast

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in July 2012.

2x phone interview, 1x onsite. All very well-organised and expectations were clear. Interviews were both technical and HR-like (eg, 'how do you work in a team' kind of questions). Communication was easy and consistent.

Interview Questions
    • Skills test (eg, 20 questions) across software, systems administration, and networking.   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!