IBM Interview Questions

2,229 Interview Reviews

2.8

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied for an Intern position as a Logistics Analyst through their website. I received a phone call a few days later for a short 10 minute interview, more to confirm my details than anything else (GPA, Citizenship, why you want to work for IBM, are you willing to be relocated etc.)

After the interview they sent me an email to complete their aptitude test, which from a business degree perspective, was one of the hardest tests I've ever done. It involved numerical sequence questions and worded problems.

After completing that test I got emailed for a first round interview with the HR person. Fairly standard, 20 mins long and asked behavioural based questions.

Got an email a week later for a second round interview with the department manager. It was pretty laid back, he talked about the department, the position and what it entailed etc.

After the second interview a month ago, still waiting for a reply.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react in a workplace where your colleagues are always changing?   View Answer

Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

I Applied online. Received an outsourced phone interview from India, terrible quality connection at 7 am in the morning. No time to prepare. Outsourcing phone interviews is remarkably stingy, IBM.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to decipher the heavy accent of the phone interviewer   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

Interview started through phone for verification of your resume details. Once you passed the phone interview, the hiring manager will schedule your next face-to-face interview. Usually it will take 2 to 5 days before they call you for the interview schedule. The hiring manager will ask you about your professional background and objectives why you are applying for the job. There will be questions based on probing scenarios to check if you can spot business opportunities to sell IBM. Once you have satisfied the hiring manager's qualifications including behavior and attitude, expect next level interview. The over-all business group manager and another manager from a related business group will interview you. The questions are based on the importance of the role to their own businesses and over-all value in achieving targets. Once you satisfied them, next and final interview could be the division head.

Interview Questions
    • How can you sell IBM to a client loyal to competition through the telephone.   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Interview

Spoke to a few people at IBM. Technical and Sales people. 4 interviews. First was with HR. Second with a technical person. Third with sales manager. Fourth was with my current manager. Offer happened after that.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to convince a person to buy your product   View Answer

Partner Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Drawn out of 6 months, the interviews did not seem to build on information gathered in previous rounds. Some of the interviewers (who seemed to have a veto right but no real ownership of the hire) appeared disengaged, while others took the opportunity to emphasise their own personal achievements in a way that did not add any insight into the organisation.

Interview Questions
    • What does taking this job mean in terms of where you want to take your career?   Answer Question
    Professional and reasonably quick. The contract matched what was promised. Some negotiation over IP protection but they were more accommodating of carve-outs than I had expected.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Random phone interview from Malaysia, then intense IPAT online test. Passed it and then individual interview with one of the recruiters based in Melbourne. AC as last round.

Interview Questions
    • individual interview with HR was relatively easy. Basic interview and behavioral questions. Advice: Know your story and experience.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Online assessment was quite hard, number sequences, they were most likely looking for a threshold
    Phone call twice after that
    They even emailed me the questions
    interview with HR
    interview with two hiring manager. quite friendly

Software Engineer Interview

Phone call from recruiter. She seemed distracted and not to be listening to my answers. Was very terse. Asked to complete and online test.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

2 interviews and then an offer, first with a HR representative and second with a senior practitioner from the relevant division.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Very pleased with the entire application process, I was interviewed over the phone first and then was invited to attend an assessment day where group activities as well as a small presentation and then a one on one interview was conducted. After this day we were contacted with regards to the outcome of the application.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing was completing a small case study that we were given the night before, we had to research the topic and give a small presentation on it   Answer Question