IBM

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Phone call from recruiter. She seemed distracted and not to be listening to my answers. Was very terse. Asked to complete and online test.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in December 2012.

Initial communication consisted of a call to the number listed on the submitted resume in which an online test was set up consisting of logic and arithmetic questions. I was then contacted again and we organised a time to do a 35-45 minute phone interview.

The phone interview, a screening call, consisted of behavioral based questions such as "What would you do if there was a problem in your team and how would you solve it?" The questions all related to team work or individual questions and I didn't get asked any technical questions which I was expecting.

Next was a phone call from the local IBM manager (the above call took place with someone from the national centre) who asked me similar questions but in a much less formal manner. I think this call was basically a get to know me call.

Interview Questions
    • None really but it is expected that with all behavioral questions that you are able to present a real life example where possible.   Answer Question
    It was an internship type role so I didn't bother with negotiating a salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2011.

1 Interview with HR, 2 Technical Interview, 1 Manager inteview.
    Exactly what you can expect when dealing with a big corporation.
    I received the final feedback 1 week after the final interview and the offer letter after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviewers did not go very deep in technical stuff. Unexpected.   Answer Question
    Gross Salary proposed not negotiable, some negotiation on the benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Technical round was pretty simple. Basically a phone call interview with a website where they could see what code i was writing. The program they told me to write was pretty simple.

1 telephonic interview
    2 face to face interview
    3 Interview with Manager

Question are mostly from C, c pointers, device driver. The Job was for AIX device driver so they aked lots of question from device driver, interrupts, DMA

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I got an email for the interview. it was 1-1 interview, interviewer asked for the previous projects i have done besides the academic projects, some behavioral questions about conflicts with other people, if someone doesn't contribute to the project in the group.... and at the end one technical question, how to delete a node from linked list. It was pretty easy, haven't received any offer yet.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM.

They are less interested on skills and more interested on salary negotiations

Project Details

Threading concepts - Synchronization

Program on Thread communication

Exception Handling

Collections - where you used ArrayList , Map, Set in project

How to maintain user profiles in collections?

Hibernate concepts

JQuery , json , ajax are you familiar with these ?

Interview Questions

salary offered was very low

Software Engineering Interview

On Campus screening. Then there was an Interview with a hiring manager. After speaking with a hiring manager, if there was chemistry and an interest between both parties, an offer letter was sent out within the week. All interviews were technical. Two on campus interviews and one phone interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Given a level of a tree (level k) , print all of nodes at that level.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2015.

It gave me a technical phone interview first. They just asked one basic algorithm question. After that, they gave me an on-site. It took 4.5 hours and interviewed with 4 engineer and one manager. Every engineer asked me 2~4 algorithm questions. I had answered all the questions very well. However, they felt my explanation was not good since my English was not good. They still rejected me at end.

Interview Questions
    • The manager asked me what I know about the company. Also, one engineer asked about the rotation of the BST. I have done it before, but it is hard to solve this quickly since it has many case needing to consider about.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

The Hiring process for Graduate programming involves submitting CV and academic results. An online numeracy litaracy and word problem solving test is required to complete. Its followed by a face to face interview.