IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2014

2.8

131 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Phone call from recruiter. She seemed distracted and not to be listening to my answers. Was very terse. Asked to complete and online test.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in December 2012.

Initial communication consisted of a call to the number listed on the submitted resume in which an online test was set up consisting of logic and arithmetic questions. I was then contacted again and we organised a time to do a 35-45 minute phone interview.

The phone interview, a screening call, consisted of behavioral based questions such as "What would you do if there was a problem in your team and how would you solve it?" The questions all related to team work or individual questions and I didn't get asked any technical questions which I was expecting.

Next was a phone call from the local IBM manager (the above call took place with someone from the national centre) who asked me similar questions but in a much less formal manner. I think this call was basically a get to know me call.

Interview Questions
    • None really but it is expected that with all behavioral questions that you are able to present a real life example where possible.   Answer Question
    It was an internship type role so I didn't bother with negotiating a salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2011.

1 Interview with HR, 2 Technical Interview, 1 Manager inteview.
    Exactly what you can expect when dealing with a big corporation.
    I received the final feedback 1 week after the final interview and the offer letter after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviewers did not go very deep in technical stuff. Unexpected.   Answer Question
    Gross Salary proposed not negotiable, some negotiation on the benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

No Technical Questions. Mostly common scenario questions. Initially had a phone call from recruiter. Then invited for hiring event. You get to talk to more than one division. You will then be invited for on-site. Offer arrives in 3 weeks or less.

Offer came late

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

i was contacted by hr after three weeks and few days later scheduled for a technical interview with a member of the team. Interview went well and the interviewer was nice. IBM has a communication problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Worst.No management and valid justifications.Hire in bulk and don't value cream candidates.They called as scheduled interview but it happened to be walkins Suggestion to never go for it.Went at 10 am in morning,got 1st round done at 6 pm.No management of HR operations at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked in HR round to work for just in 10 percent hike and don't expect much later upfront.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

The interview consisted of a phone conversation. The phone conversation was relatively lax. I was not asked any technical questions. They mostly just asked what I was interested in working on. This probably is not the norm with IBM in the states

Software Engineer Interview

You can apply through online portal or through friends referral. If you get shortlisted,HR will call you and provide you details about opportunity. Number of interview are generally depends on the team and kind of position. It sometime be done with 1 technical interview followed by HR interview or sometime it can be 2-3 technical interviews followed by HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Slow and tedious process . Lots of interviews. very technical in nature. I was interviewed over 7 times. each time with a different engineer or management level. Most questions were basic compared to the required knowledge level. However, the interviewers always expected the response to match their intentions

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied online, got an email saying they were interested, and had two phone interviews (first personality, second technical) followed by a three hour online skills and logic test that made my brain hurt but that I apparently passed. Got the offer and was very excited, but decided on another position.

Interview Questions

I took another offer at a financial firm.