IKEA

199 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Team Manager Interview

Customer Service Team Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details internal recruitment process, first interview with line manager and HR then second interview with department head.

Interview Question – tell us about a time you have to handle a difficult situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiatable

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview with HR and supervisor. Both were extremely polite and the questions were based around situations I have been in, and what I would do in hypothetical situations. As a recent graduate, they were obviously trying to gauge my knowledge and reasoning. Second and final interview was with Marketing Manager and supervisor. Again both polite. This was more of a 'get to know' to see whether I would be a good cultural fit.

Interview Question – If you were in a conflict with another staff member, how would you approach fixing the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As I was a graduate, I didn't have any idea about how to negotiate. I loved the brand so I took the first offer.

IKEA Goods Flow Co-worker Interview

IKEA Goods Flow Co-worker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online through IKEA's website, got a call about two weeks later. The first call was a short five minute call with several questions: Why do you want to work for IKEA? Why do you want this position? Are there any days you can't work? When can you start? Etc. They said they will call me if I was successful in 3-5 days. Got a call about several hours later saying I was successful in the next step in the interview process which is a group interview. Gave me details on the date and time. Yet to go to the group interview.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult, just be prepared for the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Part-Time Customer Relations Co-Worker Interview

Part-Time Customer Relations Co-Worker

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in June 2013.

Interview Details Had a phone interview asking: Why IKEA? Tell your experiences in customer service and my availability. Then the interviewer was happy with my answers and invited me to a group interview.

The group interview had around 20 people. We were seated in groups of 5 on each table. We had activities such as:
- Introduced ourselves
- Told our favourite rooms in the house, and Why
- Chose a badge that depicts our personality
- Created a poster with the alphabet making a word from each letter to describe customer service
- We created a slogan as a group for our poster
- Presented the poster
- Filled out forms with our availability and referees
- Had a tour of the areas we could be possibly working
- Speed dating with different employees asking us questions

Interview Questions

Sales Shopkeeper Interview

Sales Shopkeeper
Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in February 2010.

Interview Details basic questions about IKEA values , where did IKEA first begins to this journey. who is the founder of IKEA. what do u think about IKEA's global annual turnover? have you ever worked as a saled admin/manager before? can you please give some examples about your previous job? how many people you work with? how big as your team?

Interview Question – how many customers did shop at IKEA stores last year?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – less payment than i expected

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
West Covina, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in June 2011.

Interview Details I filled out an application in person and got a call back within a week. I only had one interview but it went well except I was found overqualified and was not hired for fear I would leave for better pay.

Interview Question – Pretty standard set of questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details filled an online application. Got a call after 1 month to come in for the interview with the department manager. After the interview, i was asked to come back for a second interview with the team leader and also asked for references. 1 week later later, got a job offer.

Interview Question – Why Ikea?
Tell us about yourself?
  Answer Question

Cookshop Associate Interview

Cookshop Associate
Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Received email from recruiter to conduct a telephone call interview. Set up date and time. Phone interview was about thirty minutes. Received a followup email after the phone interview for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of filling out a physical application and attach resume. During this interview there were several phycological evaluations with hands on tools and puzzles. Finally I had to come up with a new product and sell it to them. There were about 12 candidates, the groups were separated, my group of 5 were chosen as qualified for the position. This was 4 months ago. The store opens in August. I never received a call, or email to at least inform me of the outcome or rejection. This was callous and inexcusable of the recruiter to do this after so many interactions.

Interview Question – Invent a new product that can be sold here. Make it, list it's functions, market it, give it a price and sell it.   View Answer

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Interior Design Co-worker
Carson, NM (US)

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

Interview Details Submitted my application online and heard back from HR the next day requesting an interview, which was very conversational and lasted a couple hours. The interview concluded with a tour, the whole process lasted about a week.

Interview Question – How do you work with team members?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a straight offer.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details Apply on line, telephone interview, face to face interview usually with more than one person. Occasionally there's an immediate offer. Usually have to wait a bit for the offer by phone.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customers   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!