IKEA

203 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Team Manager Interview

Customer Service Team Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details internal recruitment process, first interview with line manager and HR then second interview with department head.

Interview Question – tell us about a time you have to handle a difficult situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiatable

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in June 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview with HR and supervisor. Both were extremely polite and the questions were based around situations I have been in, and what I would do in hypothetical situations. As a recent graduate, they were obviously trying to gauge my knowledge and reasoning. Second and final interview was with Marketing Manager and supervisor. Again both polite. This was more of a 'get to know' to see whether I would be a good cultural fit.

Interview Question – If you were in a conflict with another staff member, how would you approach fixing the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As I was a graduate, I didn't have any idea about how to negotiate. I loved the brand so I took the first offer.

IKEA Goods Flow Co-worker Interview

IKEA Goods Flow Co-worker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online through IKEA's website, got a call about two weeks later. The first call was a short five minute call with several questions: Why do you want to work for IKEA? Why do you want this position? Are there any days you can't work? When can you start? Etc. They said they will call me if I was successful in 3-5 days. Got a call about several hours later saying I was successful in the next step in the interview process which is a group interview. Gave me details on the date and time. Yet to go to the group interview.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult, just be prepared for the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Part-Time Customer Relations Co-Worker Interview

Part-Time Customer Relations Co-Worker

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA in June 2013.

Interview Details Had a phone interview asking: Why IKEA? Tell your experiences in customer service and my availability. Then the interviewer was happy with my answers and invited me to a group interview.

The group interview had around 20 people. We were seated in groups of 5 on each table. We had activities such as:
- Introduced ourselves
- Told our favourite rooms in the house, and Why
- Chose a badge that depicts our personality
- Created a poster with the alphabet making a word from each letter to describe customer service
- We created a slogan as a group for our poster
- Presented the poster
- Filled out forms with our availability and referees
- Had a tour of the areas we could be possibly working
- Speed dating with different employees asking us questions

Interview Questions

Co Worker Sales Interview

Co Worker Sales
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on a saturday and got a reply the next day or tuesday which really surprised me so I would say CV and Covering Letter is very important(maybe luck as well). Then i got an email saying that I have a group interview on a thursday but I couldnt do that thursday so I just told them, I will not be able to do it but they were so lenient and gave me the next thursday for the group interview and this time I attended.

In this group interview, you will have a icebreaker for about an hour, honestly its really chilled but as I am quite a shy at first person as soon as the questions got to me I fumbled with my words a lot and I actually said Im quite nervous sorry. Anyway so it starts with an icebreaker lasting an hour then the scary part...

They make you choose an item and please dont hesitate to run for an item you know youll do good at & basically you get asked how would you sell the products to the customer. Then thry will go thru you one by one then they will say theres a twist, you have to partner up w/ someone and choose between you two what item can give more functions or features for a customer.

The last test is how to give a good customer service and if you received a bad customer service ever what happened with that etc. This just shows the interviewers how well your good customer service skills are and how would you handle difficult situations.

Then this is where you find out if you got a spot or not, they half the group and LUCKILY i got in the group for the people who have a 1-1 interview whereas the other group didnt pass the test or stages.

For the 1-1 interview is where its really chilled, you tell them your availiability, how long it took you to get there and why ikea( i said good customer service and money lol).

If you made it this far on my story, ill give you a tip. Be yourself, dont be too bossy and dont be too quiet, be yourself guys.

Then if you get it, you get it. As for me i got a callback in 2-3 days. Then ill shorten it up and say i got another 10 min interview saying at which department ill be working at & my pay& my hours which leads to the next wee of you getting trained to 3-4 days which at this point allows you to officially become an ikea co-worker. Good luck & hope i helped! :)

Interview Question – The stage 2 which is selling a product I have chosen from a box.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be specific about how many hours you want and your shifts( morning or evening), if you have a good manager he will allow you to do the shifts youll prefer.

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Interior Design Co-worker
Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details Was given a floor plan drawing and aesthetic test using ikea catalogue. The test parameter was 15 min. It's to test your design skills. Discuss portfolio and previous experience.

Interview Question – 3 hour long interview with direct manager, followed by department supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

Home Furnishing Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details Applied online, got email to set up phone interview for home furnishing sales associate. Emailed back with time and day. Received call from a phone number in maryland, took around 10 minutes.

Checkout Services Coworker Interview

Checkout Services Coworker

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details About a week after I applied online I received an email requesting me to call for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview I received an email letting me know when the store was having their next hiring event. At the hiring event I completed a paper application and had to creatively "sell/market" an item. I was at the hiring event for approx 5 hours.

Interview Question – Questions were standard fair.   Answer Question

Sales Shopkeeper Interview

Sales Shopkeeper
Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in February 2010.

Interview Details basic questions about IKEA values , where did IKEA first begins to this journey. who is the founder of IKEA. what do u think about IKEA's global annual turnover? have you ever worked as a saled admin/manager before? can you please give some examples about your previous job? how many people you work with? how big as your team?

Interview Question – how many customers did shop at IKEA stores last year?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – less payment than i expected

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
West Covina, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in June 2011.

Interview Details I filled out an application in person and got a call back within a week. I only had one interview but it went well except I was found overqualified and was not hired for fear I would leave for better pay.

Interview Question – Pretty standard set of questions.   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!