IKEA

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.6

CO-Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

The interview process was a lengthy one which lasted over a month. First stage, I had to send in my resume and cover letter. I then received an email asking me to fill out a “Getting to Know You, Getting to Know Us” form. This form asked for your availability and four basic questions. After sending this form, I then got a call from IKEA asking for me to attend the group interview. The group interview was relatively simple, they just asked you to discuss certain scenarios in a group. Finally, they emailed me asking to attend a one on one interview. The questions were relatively simple, and they people doing the interview were friendly, and so I am waiting on the final outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have had to go out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process involved a phone call inteview to begin with the next day then I got sent a getting to know you getting to know ikea form via email I completed that then I got moved to the next process stage which involved a group interview which went really well I had a great time. Now I'm waiting on a formal interview next month. It's a long process

Interview Questions
    Haven't reached that stage yet

Interior Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

There were 3 stages to the process; phone screening, group interview and 'the grandparent' interview. Applied online and got a call around 2-3 weeks later. The phone interview had questions about IKEA (i.e. why IKEA, what does home furnishing mean to you, etc.) and lasted around 15 min.

A week later I got a call saying I made it to the group assessment day+ a confirmation email. In addition, there was a form I had to fill out with situational questions (i.e. tell us about a time when you faced an obstacle and how did you overcome it?, when was a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? etc.) and a personality quiz to complete. The group interview was a week after the confirmation email and I had to bring my portfolio along.

On the day, there were around 9 people (including myself), 6 were going for the Visual merchandising role whilst 2 others + me were going for the Interior Designer role. There were head designers, managers and HR people in the room as well and they were all very friendly. After a brief intro about IKEA, we introduced ourselves and presented the piece of work in our portfolio we were most proud of. Then we had group activities, analysing a specific room (i.e. what is the style of the room? who do you think lives in this room? what would you change about the room? etc.) and split into teams of 3 to build a flatpack (could be a table, cabinet, etc.). Had to present our furniture and talk about where we would place it and how it could be used. After a lunch break, we had a 'feedback' session, which was actually a further interview questioning session. There were 2 people asking situational questions (around 8 Qs) and because I was not expecting it at all, blanked out for a few secs but they helped guide and recollect my thoughts so that was pretty nice of them. That concluded the group interview day and I was told I would find if I pass the round by Friday.

Then on the following day, I got a call back saying I had made it to the 'Grandparent interview' and was asked to come in on the Friday (short notice because the manager was quite busy). I was asked to bring my portfolio again and was told that it was an informal interview with the Design head. True to their word, it was the most relaxed and chilled interview ever, chatting about different cultures, different IKEAs around the world, etc. The only questions he asked were once again, 'why IKEA? what do you think IKEA can offer you, what do you think the differences are between this IKEA and the other one?etc. Showed him my portfolio and chatted a bit more. Overall lasted around 2 hours and that concluded the final interview. Got a call a week later asking for reference checks and now pending (so no offer yet)

Interview Questions
    • As an interior designer, what would your role be to customers in IKEA?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to deal with change and how did you cope with it?   Answer Question

Inventory Co-worker Interview

First a phone interview about hows and whats about your application, availablities, working rights etc, general questions. Then a panel interview. I'm still waiting for the final interview by HR department.

Customer Service Team Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

internal recruitment process, first interview with line manager and HR then second interview with department head.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time you have to handle a difficult situation   Answer Question
    non-negotiatable

IKEA Goods Flow Co-worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in September 2013.

Applied online through IKEA's website, got a call about two weeks later. The first call was a short five minute call with several questions: Why do you want to work for IKEA? Why do you want this position? Are there any days you can't work? When can you start? Etc. They said they will call me if I was successful in 3-5 days. Got a call about several hours later saying I was successful in the next step in the interview process which is a group interview. Gave me details on the date and time. Yet to go to the group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult, just be prepared for the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Part-Time Customer Relations Co-Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA in June 2013.

Had a phone interview asking: Why IKEA? Tell your experiences in customer service and my availability. Then the interviewer was happy with my answers and invited me to a group interview.

The group interview had around 20 people. We were seated in groups of 5 on each table. We had activities such as:
    - Introduced ourselves
    - Told our favourite rooms in the house, and Why
    - Chose a badge that depicts our personality
    - Created a poster with the alphabet making a word from each letter to describe customer service
    - We created a slogan as a group for our poster
    - Presented the poster
    - Filled out forms with our availability and referees
    - Had a tour of the areas we could be possibly working
    - Speed dating with different employees asking us questions

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in June 2010.

Initial interview with HR and supervisor. Both were extremely polite and the questions were based around situations I have been in, and what I would do in hypothetical situations. As a recent graduate, they were obviously trying to gauge my knowledge and reasoning. Second and final interview was with Marketing Manager and supervisor. Again both polite. This was more of a 'get to know' to see whether I would be a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a conflict with another staff member, how would you approach fixing the situation?   Answer Question
    As I was a graduate, I didn't have any idea about how to negotiate. I loved the brand so I took the first offer.

Indirect Tax Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

I applied online through the company website and I got a reaction around a week later.
    First there was a short phone interview around 30 minutes that focus on discussing my CV and basic questions about the company and why I would like to work there.
    Their time planning and my availability did not allow us to move to the next stage.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

I applied online, and within just a few days, had a brief phone interview. The interviewer asked about my general availability. I was called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was casual. A conversation more than a Q&A session. By the time I got to my car, I had an email asking me to complete a background check. They checked my references, verified my recent employment as well as my schooling. I have been asked to come back for a second interview. Hopefully all will go well!

Interview Questions
    • One question was: Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question