IMS Health Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

3.1

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IMS Health.

Its Very tough, They totally test all your knowledge in deep. You need to be technically very sound.
    What ever you say, make sure that you have worked on it and understand its concepts well. Dont bluff on any point.

1 week

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IMS Health.

Cv and coverletter
    Interview day: 4 interviews-

1) excel test
    2) HR interview centred around cv
    3) Interview with Principal- more intense, probing questions about why pharma, why consulting, what did I have to offer
    4) Presenting a PowerPoint presentation (about a current pharma related issue). Also some experience related questions

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate due to good initial offer

Junior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

There were 4 interviews in total. The process was a bit slow. Usually the process starts with a detailed discussion with a consultant followed by a discussion with the hiring manager. A fit test is done by the director.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions asked were similar to the typical industry standard questions.   Answer Question
    They usually take a lot of time to prepare an offer and are not open to negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in August 2014.

I have attended a interview with IMS Health for (MSBI Developer-SSAS)software engineer designation and had 2 rounds of technical interview & 1 Managerial & 1 HR round.

Mostly if you could clear the first round of interview then it was pretty simple to clear the rest.

On Technical skill level, need to be very strong on basics.

Client Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at IMS Health.

My first telephone interview lasted less than 20 min. it was with global recruiter calling from US asking a few questions about my experience and what I was looking for. My CV was then forwarded to the local recruiter who call me a few days later, asking almost the same questions. The came the in-person meeting with the hiring manager about a week later. This interview was about my experience and expectations (again) and about me as a person.

A little higher starting salary because of prior experience

HEOR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

First round face-to-face interview with senior consultants, followed up by phone HR interview, concluded with face-to-face interview with directors and presentation to the rest of the team. Interview process went smoothly but did include several steps whereas I think a one off interview day could have been organized instead.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties do you expect to face working for a consultancy?   Answer Question

They have a high turnover rate and feared I would be looking for another job in 2 years. Also, the salary on offer was below market average.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

Met several members of the company at a networking event and subsequently e-mailed to ask about job opportunities. I was told of a contract position available to fill-in for maternity leave so I sent my resume and cover letter. I was subsequently called in for an interview consisting of:
    30 min math test
    45 min behavioural interview
    45 min case study
    30 min meeting with principal

Interview Questions
    • What is the number of people in Canada with diabetes   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

A recruiter used by IMS got in touch with me via LinkedIn with the JD. She then called me to get more details about my experience and salary details. I was then contacted by her for an interview a week later. The interview took place today at the IS office in Dubai and it went well. I am supposed to have another 2 interviews so am in the middle of the process at the moment.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at IMS Health.

Long drawn out; the HR rounds were quick and crisp but the operations people took forever to respond and faulted on pre- appointed interview timings multiple times without intimation or regret. The operations people who came for the interview didn't appear like they had specific questions in mind or a structured process; it was all quite random.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you get married to the one you got married to!   View Answer
    Stick to your ground and ask for what you want. The company is growing, and they re likely to meet your requirements.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2014.

Telephone interviewInterview Details Phone interview case with background for fit, then round with Managers and then final with 3 Principals. numeracy test is also present. Case study will be given and you need to work out the case step by step. Interviewer will stop you if your answer has gone too far. Listen questions carefully you could get caught. Practice your math as it will be expected like percentage questions

Interview Questions

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!