IMS Health

Getting the Interview

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details Applied online and got to the group interview in their London office - it had approx. 20 candidates and we spent half the day doing group work and interviews, which included presentations, case studies and brain teasers. About 10 interviewers were present at the group interviews and the day ended with networking.

Interview Question – I cannot remember!   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details In delpth, one interview lasting about 2.5 hours, you will meet with Senior executives whom you would potentially support

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer situational questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, received screening interview 1 week later. Then was moved forward to phone interview with manager(s). Scheduling and rescheduling of interview due to conflicts on manager side took over 4+ weeks--two reschedules on the day of the interview and for the third scheduled phone interview, they neglected to call at all! Very disorganized process. Finally was able to phone interview with managers, and had a pleasant experience, but scheduling the in-person interview was a pain as well. Ended up declining offer.

Interview Question – How do you feel about performing client work for pharmaceutical companies?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Position wasn't a good fit for long-term career interests, and office is in an inconvenient location.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details had a round of written test on the basis of which they shortlisted candidates for further rounds, then we had to write a paragraph on My Aspirations, then there were round of 3 interviews. all the rounds were good, organized in a well coordinated manner and people doing the hiring appeared professional and were good. Asked Questions about Career , life, Personality, Hobbies, what projects did in the past and about family, Last round was longest round where they inquired everything about the Resume in detail, especially achievements and projects done in past , how were they done and what were the suggestions given and improvements done etc.

Interview Question – When said Good morning Mam asked What is good about this morning?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows:
Received a questionnaire from HR
Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience.
I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation.

In all, a great experience!

Interview Question – Experience with data manipulation
Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at
Case presentation relating to acquisition
  Answer Question

Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details The first-stage interview was called a 'networking event' where we where put into groups of 4-5 and moved around 5 tables. Each table had two interviewers who asked general competency based questions (eg. why do you want to work here? give an example of working in team. etc) The questions were asked to us one by one in our groups and we sat at each table for about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – The hardest questions were the logic questions, some which were riddles or puzzles. For example, how many toasters are sold in the UK? (5 mins to work out and answer)   View Answer

Trainee Engineer, GTSO Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details First a basic aptitude test on basic quantitative and verbal ability. The aptitude test was speed demanding though. Many questions with little time. The next round was a technical aptitude test(coding and computer ability). the last stage was a PI.

Interview Question – Many and detailed questions on coding and computer related knowledge. Questions on C, C++, Java, DBMS, SQL. Difficult for someone from a non computer science background to tackle   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details HR is a bit discombobulated. They won't necessarily communicate clearly and may leave you stranded at a hotel. Interview will require a case study, several in person interviews, and significant waiting period. Environment is very much a learn on the job situation and don't expect much hand-holding.

Negotiation Details – Get as much compensation as you can before coming in as raises and promotions are not impressive.

Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details Phone Interview: what do you know about the company, what financial background do you have, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.
Math/logics test: similar to a gmat test; conducted over the phone and on the internet; given 30 min to answer questions

Interview Question – the test is mainly algebra multiple choice; one of the questions had incorrect format of answers (eg. 8.550 instead of 8550) which threw me off, the interviewer realized the mistake and made the correction   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Functional Analyst Interview

Fairfax, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details Two interviews one by phone and then I was flown in.

Interview Question – None, already worked with company on other projects   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Interviews for Top Jobs at IMS Health

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IMS Health interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews are posted anonymously by IMS Health employees and interview candidates.