IMS Health Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
110 interviews

3.1

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2014.

Telephone interviewInterview Details Phone interview case with background for fit, then round with Managers and then final with 3 Principals. numeracy test is also present. Case study will be given and you need to work out the case step by step. Interviewer will stop you if your answer has gone too far. Listen questions carefully you could get caught. Practice your math as it will be expected like percentage questions

Junior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

There were 4 interviews in total. The process was a bit slow. Usually the process starts with a detailed discussion with a consultant followed by a discussion with the hiring manager. A fit test is done by the director.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions asked were similar to the typical industry standard questions.   Answer Question
    They usually take a lot of time to prepare an offer and are not open to negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

Met several members of the company at a networking event and subsequently e-mailed to ask about job opportunities. I was told of a contract position available to fill-in for maternity leave so I sent my resume and cover letter. I was subsequently called in for an interview consisting of:
    30 min math test
    45 min behavioural interview
    45 min case study
    30 min meeting with principal

Interview Questions
    • What is the number of people in Canada with diabetes   View Answer

HEOR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

First round face-to-face interview with senior consultants, followed up by phone HR interview, concluded with face-to-face interview with directors and presentation to the rest of the team. Interview process went smoothly but did include several steps whereas I think a one off interview day could have been organized instead.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties do you expect to face working for a consultancy?   Answer Question

They have a high turnover rate and feared I would be looking for another job in 2 years. Also, the salary on offer was below market average.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2013.

First Round : Technical + Aptitude
    Technical questions related to programming in C, Data Structures, DBMS, SQL, Computer Networks
    Aptitude questions included LR, DI questions along with basic questions

Second Round : Technical Interview
    Questions related to Software testing, DBMS, SQL
    They won't go deeper into programming but will ask basics

Third Round : HR
    Some quick puzzles

Interview Questions
    • It was an easy process, the most important thing is how you present yourself.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

Hiring process consist of 1 written test (Aptitude+ Technical )then 1 technical round and 1 hr round. in the first round they ask 60 aptitude and 60 technical question then 1 technical round in this round they will ask from your resume and at last in HR round they will ask some puzzles.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that comes to me is one puzzle and some business related questions. overall its average process not so difficult. and some question in the written test are quite tough which takes times to solve. overall they give 2 hours to solve whole question paper. it will complete before the time.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

A recruiter used by IMS got in touch with me via LinkedIn with the JD. She then called me to get more details about my experience and salary details. I was then contacted by her for an interview a week later. The interview took place today at the IS office in Dubai and it went well. I am supposed to have another 2 interviews so am in the middle of the process at the moment.

Client Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at IMS Health.

My first telephone interview lasted less than 20 min. it was with global recruiter calling from US asking a few questions about my experience and what I was looking for. My CV was then forwarded to the local recruiter who call me a few days later, asking almost the same questions. The came the in-person meeting with the hiring manager about a week later. This interview was about my experience and expectations (again) and about me as a person.

A little higher starting salary because of prior experience

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collegeville, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2014.

I was a recent college grad when I started applying to IMS. I started by interviewing around March/April then I graduated from college in May and had a job offer before I graduated! I applied to many positions with the company, however due to the large quanitities of resume's they receive it took awhile to hear back for some of the positions. Once they did call it was more waiting game, however I was constantly in contact with one of the recruiters who helped me out and answered any/all of my emails/questions. The process for analyst, consultant, EM, ect is as follows: Phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview consisting of a 45 minute evaluation of a case study, 3 one on one interviews and finally presentation of my case study to the panel of interviewers. On a different positions interview for an analyst position I was asked to perform a few basic excel functions such as pivot tables, filtering, etc infront of a panel of interviewers. After this I was brought in 2 more times to meet other people on the team (it took 2 times because I had to meet with everyone on the team and some were on vacation the first time I was in) This was the position I accepted and I could not be happier! The interview process may be hard and at times frustrating with the waiting, however I have a great salary, great benefits, wonderful team, and am very happy with IMS!!

Interview Questions
    • 1 case study I was asked to evaluate was on an oral cancer drug where I was to evaluate the market place, competition, projected sales, projected market size, etc. Then I was to present all of my findings to the panel that I had previously in the day interview with seperately.   View Answer
    If I wanted to wait longer for my offer then I could have negotiated, however I was very happy with my offer and felt no need to negotiate my salary. Benefits are non-negotiable.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2010.

IMS Health contacted me and the entire process was really fast (around two weeks). I made some tests (whiting skills, foreigner language conversation and logic). After I passed the tests I had an interview with the responsible for Human Resources and after that (same week) with the Director of the area that I would work for. The interviews were really good, and I was all the time treated with respect and professionalism but in a relaxed and cool environment.

Interview Questions
    • It was really interesting that they were really interested to meet me as a person, not only as a professional. They asked about my personal life and interests and I found this really important. A good professional is great to work with, but it is even better to admire your managers and colleagues as amazing people.   View Answer
    It took only one day to decide everything, They had already the average salary stipulated and I knew that that was a decent number for a consulting company and for somebody that just graduated from college.

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!