IRS Data Transcriber Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holtsville, NY (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holtsville, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IRS.

This was done by first applying in a group setting, then general testing. To apply for the Data Transcriber position, I had to take a data entry test.

Interview Questions
  • Only questions were based on my paperwork, by people working to process people who made it through testing to return for further processing. No traditional interviews were held.   Answer Question
No negotiation, we were told what each position paid, based on our entry grade.

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Data Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fitchburg, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fitchburg, MA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at IRS in December 2009.

what was your best place to work and why

Interview Questions
    I was offered a position as a data transcriber

Data Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at IRS in November 2012.

After I applied online I was emailed and told a time and date to get fingerprinted and take a typing test. After going through security you're told to go into a room and await the typing test. While you're waiting for that to begin, people come and get you to get your badge photo taken as well as your fingerprints. Also while you're waiting you get your paperwork checked. The whole process goes much faster if you print out all the required documents from the initial email you get sent. The typing test is mainly 10-key with a little bit of alpha thrown in there. There is a requirement you must meet. I think if you only get 90% accuracy you have to be able to type around 5000wpm. If you're able to type 100% accuracy you have to be able to type around 4500wpm I think. I was told there were a lot of applicants and we couldn't hear back from them for over a month and it would be only by email to grant approval for the background check.

Data Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IRS in December 2009.

After passing a typing test (three chances to pass) they told you when to show up for two week class. Your picture for your ID was taken at that time.

Interview Questions
    • No question asked was too difficult or unexpected. Routine questions. They do a background check on you.   View Answer
    They asked you if you wanted the job and when the two week classes start. The salary is not negotiable - it's preset.

Data Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at IRS in February 2008.

Group interview where people called up at and paperwork verified while posing questions pertaining to reliability, skill set, prior places of employment, prior residences and the like. Fingerprinting also takes place at this gathering. Information is collected (including consent) to initiate a background check. Afterwards, it is merely a waiting game until they call you approximately 2-3 months later to be notified of whether or not you have been selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Weren't any particularly difficult questions, basic life experience/living questions.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation involved. Simply stated offer, and nothing more.

Data Transcriber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ogden, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT (US)

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IRS in February 2009.

Very proffesional work enviorment is expected, throughal background check, detialed training, and alot of materials were provided. The upper staff were helpfull in information and the ability to obtain information is an option if not being able to answered by main managment. Their is an option for a union, unlike many other jobs here in Utah.

Interview Questions

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!