Illinois Institute of Technology

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wheaton, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2013.

Interview Details It was a simple meeting at Wheaton campus to discuss about the work and timings. They need experience/knowledge in HTML/CSS for website stuff.

Community Desk Assistant Interview

Community Desk Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology.

Interview Details Apply when they advertise it. Takes about a month. They approve your resume and cover through a point system. Based on your score they will decide whether they give you an interview or not. Interview is pretty standard, they look for customer service experience, etc.

Negotiation Details – None.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details Hiring is a simple process. We need to look out for jobs through Career Management Center, through colleagues and many other ways. Next step would be create and submit Resume Online for verification. Applying for jobs with your resume. If selected you will be called by the respected department personnel and be interviewed about your experience related to the job you have applied for. Results for the interview vary from 2-3 weeks, depends. Its a great place to work with, experienced management and helpful.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Questions are asked depending on your resume and also related to the position you have applied for.   View Answer

Facilities Foreman Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in December 2011.

Interview Details Bait and switch, job description is not what I actually do on a daily basis

Interview Question – I asked the most difficult questions, there is no level of competence in the facilities department at IIT   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, union job

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2013.

Interview Details The interviewer was very kind but had asked few deep technical question and some background questions

Interview Question – What is mm theory in Finance?   Answer Question

Student Assistant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in April 2011.

Interview Details Only one in-person interview required. The interview was more of a behavioral assessment interview wherein my manager examined my communication skills and team skills.

Interview Question – Why are you pursuing your MBA after an undergrad in engineering?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2008.

Interview Details Internal application followed by a notification of interest from the hiring party. I then had to notify my current manager before I could move forward with the interview process. After two face to face interviews I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Do you have any issue working for a woman?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't room for negotiation

Student Assistant
Chicago, IL (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details It's about 20 mins panel interview. Very general questions, like how do you feel like working as a receptionist? How will you prioritize works in tight time frame? Tell me sth about your organizational skills. etc. I thought they just wanted to find someone they felt easy to work with.

Interview Question – If someone asks you a question you don't know, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in May 2011.

Interview Details First of all, the professor asked me where I come from. Then, asked me that what is my last design and went me to explain the detail.

Interview Question – what is your last design   View Answer

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Illinois Institute of Technology in January 2010.

Interview Details The whole process from initial phone screen to the actual written offer took less than two weeks and gave me an impression of a well oiled machine. Recruiters and interviewers were efficient and "to the point" the whole time. The face-to-face interview consisted of a Group interview, which lasted an hour and one-on-one meetings with most of the Group interview participants. The overall impression was very positive. Apparently on both sides

Interview Questions

• What are significant changes in the different technologies as we scale down in CMOS   Answer Question
  • How does threshold voltage changes with respect to temparature.   Answer Question
Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Illinois Institute of Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Illinois Institute of Technology interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Illinois Institute of Technology employees and interview candidates.