Informatica

Updated 4 Dec 2014

3.4

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Software Engineer Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

2 rounds of written test then 4 rounds of interview . the first written test included aptitude , technical ie c and java and sql and unix questions .
    second written test included code writing, C programs , shell scripting and sql queries.
    interview focuses mainly on database related questions and puzzles. Be prepared for questions like diff btw dbms, rdbms , ordbms .

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to think out of the box because they ll be asking quite a few puzzles for to solve   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

First contact was on campus at a school job fair. Submitted my resume and got a call within a couple of days to appear for an on campus interview. I only have 5 days in between to prepare for the interview so I definitely could have done better....

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, how would you design the "model" portion of the model view controller schema for notepad or any text-based editor.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Negotiation becomes tough

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Informatica.

Pretty standard for college recruiting. Meet them in campus, had on campus interview. After that got 2 phone interviews. Then finally got an on-site interview. The interviews were difficult in general, but they were nice throughout the process. It looked like a very good place to be. They all seemed very happy working there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate much, got a good offer.