Informatica

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

Interview Details First contact was on campus at a school job fair. Submitted my resume and got a call within a couple of days to appear for an on campus interview. I only have 5 days in between to prepare for the interview so I definitely could have done better....

Interview Question – In your opinion, how would you design the "model" portion of the model view controller schema for notepad or any text-based editor.   View Answer

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Interview Question – one brain teaser question.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

Interview Details 1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Question – There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Interview Details Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Interview Question – Data Structure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation becomes tough

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details Pretty standard for college recruiting. Meet them in campus, had on campus interview. After that got 2 phone interviews. Then finally got an on-site interview. The interviews were difficult in general, but they were nice throughout the process. It looked like a very good place to be. They all seemed very happy working there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate much, got a good offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details Easy and straight forward. Process completed within a week, starting with recruiter, ending with a talk with the director of the team.

Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in August 2013.

Interview Details campus recruitment: Initially there was PPT by the company and then 2 written rounds, first multiple choice(20 DMBS questions, 15 C programming questions, 10 apptitude, 10 UNIX and OS questions) and second subjective/descriptive which had questions on shell scripts, puzzles, coding questions and on operating systems).

2 face to face technical interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, just strong fundamentals required.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details Mine was an on-campus recruitment.
The process had 2 written rounds - 1 online objective + 1 subjective.
Followed by 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round.

Interview Question – They focus mainly on memory and pointers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees and interview candidates.