Ingles Markets Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014

1.4

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Seven minutes of nothing but fluff....No opportunities here. This was a triage interview for them. They're desperate to fill jobs, because they lose people as fast as they hire them. Terrible culture.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Easley, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in October 2011.

If you get asked to come into the store for an interview you pretty much get the job if you are decently dressed and not in something ridiculous. I did not have a interview they called and said that I was offered a job if I wanted to accept it.

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

I submitted a paper application that was looked at briefly by the manager. I was assked a few questions about my experience and was told that I needed to submit to a background check. After waiting for a week to hear from them, I went back in to talk to the store manager and was told they had to resubmit my background info because it had been lost. After I passed the background check I took a drug test that was submitted to another company. After passing this test I was hired and my training began.

None I remember

Starbucks Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clarkesville, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarkesville, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ingles Markets in December 2011.

The initial hiring process was exhausting for the fact that it took such a long time to get hired. I came in to the store to talk to the store manager and the Starbucks manager nearly everyday, and called the store manager most days that I did not come in and it still took a month to get hired. The Starbucks manager pressed the store manager daily, yet the hiring process took longer than needed.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions issued during the hiring process or the interview. The weirdest quest was, "You know you have to shave that beard, right?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Only, "you get payed this."

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belton, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

I applied online before going to store. I walked in, asked to speak to the store manager, who told me there was an opening on night shift. He interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Manager asked me if I would be OK working with "a bunch of rednecks."   View Answer
    No negotiation phase, took job immediately.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2010.

During the interview process it was laid back and casual. I interview with one of the previous Customer Service managers. It was for a cashier position so it was basic questions such as are you capable doing basic math just in case you type in a wrong amount for the amount of cash that you are using. Another question was do you have issues with asking for donations? Are you uncomfortable with cleaning restrooms, and Then casual question to get to know my personality. that way they would know that i am capable of having a normal conversation with customers. the interviews are normally set up in their deli.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years.   View Answer
    They asked me if i had previous experience with this type of work. I said yes and they made me a offer of $8.00 an hour. I asked if we could make it $9.00. They said they would have to ask the store manager and he said yes.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenoir City, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir City, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2010.

Mainly asked why I needed a job and when I was available since I was still in school.

Interview Questions
    • None, got a drug test on the same day of interview and hired the day after.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Lure, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Lure, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2011.

Boring, the only thing talked about was the job.

Interview Questions
    cut and dry. She told me what they would start me out as

Stocker Interview

I was working for another retail store, one with a reputation of having excellent employees. I submitted an application and was given a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Given my employment background, I was not interviewed. Perhaps an oversight, however it worked out well for the both of us.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2012.

you have to keep nagging them, they forget you easily i had to stay on the manager for 2 months before i got hired. after your hired you go in sign a bunch a papers. they drug test you with the oral drug test. you go change.

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!