Insight Global

Updated 3 Sep 2014

2.6

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Insight Global.

The interview process was kind of strange. They are looking for a very specific type of person that is extremely outgoing. I thought the process was phony because of the way they pretended to be professional but actually seem to be very unprofessional in their attitudes and behaviors. I was disappointed in what I saw since I know people that love their jobs. They asked a lot about Greek life and wanted to know how social I was based off of that. Take your personality into consideration to determine whether or not you might actually be a good fit. I knew going into my final interview that it was not the place for me by any stretch of the imagination (but you always take the interview). Honestly, I'm glad they didn't consider me to be like them. I hope I'm much more professional and genuine in nature.

Other Interview Reviews for Insight Global

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

The initial phone screen with the corporate recruiter is extremely laid back. They basically want to find out more about you to see if you would be a fit for the company culture (young, fun). The corporate recruiter will then either set you up for an in-person interview, or let you know that they will get back to you (which means they won't move forward.) I was prepped extremely well by the recruiter I was in contact with as well as some people that I knew from school that were currently employed there.
    The next step, which is in the office, is extremely conversational. There aren't many questions that will stump you in regards to your qualifications. They want to see that you can drive a conversation as well as have a desire to get into sales. My advice, just ask questions about each Account managers story, how quickly they were promoted, what accounts they are in charge of selling. Basically you want to flatter them as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • The most crucial part of the interview is driving conversation and letting them know why you are interested in sales (money, competitive)   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

interviewed at Insight Global in June 2014.

Recruiter contacted me via Linkedin to set up a phone interview which was just a conversation about my current position and why I'd like to go into sales! Set up interview in office. I would recommend scheduling your in office interview to take place at the end of the week since they hold interviews all week and talk with your recruiter on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you? It's more of a conversation so be sure to get a little back round info on the managers and sales directors who will be interviewing you before hand!   Answer Question

Other offer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Insight Global in March 2014.

I had a panel interview with 2 different account managers and the sales manager. It was very business casual. We talked about long term and short terms goals and how difficult the job can possibly be. Talked about why I am driven and why I will be succesful.

Interview Questions
    • Do I like the taste of winning more than I hate the taste of losing and why?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global.

The hiring process went pretty smoothly. 1st set up a call with a Recruiter, then an in-person interview where you talk to about 3-5 people. Finally, a lunch interview with sales managers. The people who work there seem very similar/nice, but every interview you feel like you're being judged on what you look like/everything you talk about.

The lunch interview was the strangest part. I was not asked one question about my resume. Although the lunch was informal, it seemed unprofessional. I understand the point is to see if you can hold a conversation and would be a fit for relationship-based sales, but having not met either of the sales managers before, I felt a little confused as to why I wasn't being asked any questions.

After the lunch interview, I was fully expecting to get an offer, and didn't. I genuinely really loved one of the sales managers, and the other seemed to not like me as much (we just didn't have too much in common), and I think that may be why. If you don't get an offer after lunch, you didn't get the job.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Insight Global.

I was contacted by a Corporate Recruiter. She talked to me about my background, the position requirements, and if I would be interested in being an Account Manager. I loved the way the job sounded so she brought me in for a face to face interview. I had about two in-person interviews before I was offered the job. Very comfortable interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked how I could excel most in being in a Sales position   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

2 rounds (one in-person, one lunch interview)
    Very laid back. Looking for the right person, not qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were not initially successful here?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Insight Global.

There was a phone screening, first interview with a manager and second interview with a senior executive. The recruiter from the phone screen was very helpful and prepared me before each interview and answered any questions that I had. I really enjoyed the first interview I had at the Scottsdale office and fell in love with the company, however I didn't get a good vibe from my final interviewer in San Diego.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary or unexpected. Very straightforward questions, i.e. why you would be a good fit, what experiences prepared you for this position, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2013.

Initial phone interview was short and simple. Next step was a face to face interview at the office where I met with 3 different people. Apparently they liked what they saw and passed me on to a third and final lunch interview with two executives. After lunch I waited two days and received a call saying that they had a more fitting candidate. Very professional company however I felt as though I was not hired because I didn't fit a certain personality type. They were looking for a candidate who was involved in Greek life and other scholarly clubs. When I told them I had to support myself in college and work as a server every weekend they looked down on me. Also they were very interested in who my friends are and how successful they are.. Seemed a little discriminatory my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • None- basic interview questions. They are really looking to see that you can drive conversation.   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Insight Global in September 2013.

One telephone interview, one interview in person far from my home (they did not reimburse me for gas cost), and one in the location I desired to work at. Long time periods between interviews. They were very nice, but when it came to for them to release me from the hiring process I received a generic email. They should respect applicants enough to tell them exact reasons and not leave them with the same email they send everyone....

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It was not behavioral based at all.   Answer Question

Worked for Insight Global? Contribute to the Community!