Intel Corporation

Very Difficult Interview

Electronics Engineer Interview

Electronics Engineer
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details The process is straight forward with not much to add. This is just a bunch of filler text I am using because I can't think of anything that I want to add. I am just trying to finish this online signup so I can actually look for a job.

Interview Question – How was your day?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details Asked questions on fundamental engineering courses: thermo, diffusion, reaction kinetics, etc. Had phone, group and 1:1 interviews. Questions about Fick's law, refrigeration, Arrhenius equation. Not too difficult, more open ended to understand how you think. Just talk out answer if you don't know to show your thinking process. They also asked some basic semiconductor questions like: What is Moore's law, what are the different processes in semiconductor manufacturing.

Interview Question – Explain how refrigeration cycle works.   Answer Question

Dry Etch Process Engineer Interview

Dry Etch Process Engineer
Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied on their website and a few days later I received an email for an interview. It started off with a presentation about the company by someone from HR. There are about 40 to 50 people in the room, but split up depending on the position they're interviewing for. After the presentation, I was picked up by a pair of employees (it was a manager and one of the engineers that work for them) for an interview. The interview was composed of both behavioral and technical questions and lasted for an hour. After the hour, the interviewers left the room and another pair of interviewers came in for another interview. After this, there was a lunch between the interviewees and some of the people doing the interviews before the day was finished.

Interview Question – What was an instance where holding back on communicating was beneficial for the team?   Answer Question

Advanced Analytics Development and Deployment Engineer Interview

Advanced Analytics Development and Deployment Engineer
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details I got an email long back from the hiring manager about a prospective internship which I declined that time because I already got an offer from other group. However, I kept the mail and followed up recently for a full-time opening with the hiring manager in May 2014 and he said that he actually has an opening now. He asked me to formally apply online for a given job number. In June 2014 I got another email for phone interview which was scheduled in mid July 2014, it lasted for an hour and covered stuff regarding my thesis and prior two internships at Intel. The interviewer was the hiring manager himself and he invited me for an all paid onsite interview in the following week.

Day of the interview:
starting 8 AM in the morning, I had to give a presentation on my thesis topic that lasted for an hour. After that there were 6 one on one interviews each one lasting about an hour (except the 1.5 hrs of lunch time during which I was taken out for a group lunch at a restaurant along with 3 members of the group). The interviewers tested behavioral and technical skills. All the interviews were conducted in the cafe. Pretty informal type. They wanted to see how I think, my problem solving skills, my soft skills etc. There were questions on my published papers (one of the interviewers came with my paper in her hand and asked questions from there) and on my thoughts about dealing with the datasets they have in hand. All the interviewers were very nice and friendly. I got a very positive vibe of the group (consisting of 7-8 members). They mentioned that there will be another person joining the group in August 2014 and if I am hired, I will be their newest member. There were 2 other members who joined last year or the year before, who were about the same age group as I am. All in all, it was a good experience. The day ended at 4 PM with the last interview with hiring manager. Within 1 week I got an offer from Intel HR.

Interview Question – Can't remember any. Technical questions depends on how well you know your work and basics. All the behavioral questions can be answered if you have worked at a company at some point in your career. I kinda enjoyed the interviews ,I would say.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Proposed a higher base salary but the HR got back to me saying that they have some constraint and can not increase it. However, they offered me an one time hiring bonus which was good enough.

Tech Lead Interview

Tech Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details 6-7 Rounds of discussions starting from Engineer/Lead level to Manager, Sr. Manager, Director and HR.
Each round has a different set of questionnaire, ranging from Microprocessor Architecture like Bus Architectures, Cache hierarchy and coherency, cryptography etc.. to aptitude puzzles and attitude related discussions as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Question – few puzzles related to aptitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Sal negotiation is encouraged.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details Since the interview was through employee referral, the project manager arranged the interview.
There was one telephonic round in which I had to explain about my current project and some questions related to device drivers.
Subsequently, I was called for a face to face interview at Intel, Bangalore. This was a marathon with 6 interviewers coming in one after the other for a total of 6 hours. One focused on behavioural aspects and the rest were all technical. There were C questions (my preparation of having a look at the top 50 C questions in stackoverflow was quite useful). There were some questions on computer architecture and some on hardware aspects of device level communication protocols. Most interviewers based their questions around my project.
Overall, I felt that this is how any company should conduct an interview if it is has to avoid dealing with bad candidates later. A few weeks later, the HR called and asked some details about my education and employment history.

Interview Question – Was asked to explain the I2C communication protocol in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not have to negotiate as the offer was better than what I asked.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Component Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details telephonic 1 hr . bit grilling (on cmos and digital concepts). Face 2 face was focused mostly on basics and past experience.
questioned asked was
1. DDR interface and controller design details. basic memory concepts
2. Basics of cmos logic. channel modeling. etc.
3. verification mindset check. provided with PCI related system and asked what all things to take care in validating it.

Interview Question – nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much.

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details 3-4 rounds of technical interview and 1 HR interview. Since it was for a position of intern, it wasn't much tough. Intel doesn't conduct aptitude tests. They check you knowledge and problem solving ability.

Interview Question – It included cloud computing, networking and security related questions. Also many questions on OS and academic projects.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Softwaregraduate Interview

Softwaregraduate
Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online in intel's job portal. Got a call after 3 days asking for a time to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter said three of them would join me in a one hour technical interview. One manager and two other colleagues joined the interview. No puzzles or hard questions were asked. Some behavioral questions and mostly technical questions related to position and deep about projects in resume. If you know the basics, you are more than good.

Interview Question – 1. Android life cycle.
2. "virtual" in c++
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The package is great. no need to negotiate.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Physical Design Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details Sent resume directly to the hiring manager. Had a phone screening interview which had basic questions on STA, APR, etc. Onsite had 5 rounds, which was pretty challenging. One round I messed up bad and didnt not get the offer.

Interview Question – Most questions were based on STA, timing and some based on PERL.   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!