Intel Corporation

Updated 20 Jan 2015
1,506 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Undergraduate Hardware Intern position.

Was first contacted by the HR and then invited for a single-round f2f interview.
    Had a conversation with two Hardware Engineers and a Manager. The questions were mostly technical, but overall easy/average if you know your field.
    After the interview I was asked to solve a test problem at home. The task was to create a Verilog module (some matrix-related mathematics), and provide some building scripts, testing scenarios and documentation for that. The trick was to create two versions of the design: area-efficient and time-efficient, which required to use different algorithms, essentially doubling the task. It took me one week to solve the problem and prepare everything.

Interview Questions
    • Write some Verilog code that would infer latches. Draw the respective circuit. How to avoid latches in the code?
      Discrete Fourier transform formula and explanation.
      Estimate as closely as possible the time that you need to solve the test problem.

Answer Question
    No negotiation, because it was my first job.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

He asked mainly about CMOS basics, Gate tunneling, different types of power dissipation and ways to eliminate, 5 stages of pipeline, Cache Memories, SRAM & DRAM, Verification topics, System Verilog, UVM, DDR2, power area & performance optimization techniques, Physical Design such as Floorplanning, power planning, clock networks.

He asked little about my projects.

Principal Engineer Interview

But unfortunately things don’t always run smoothly and you can find that your boss hasn’t got the best management style in the world. If this is the case then you need to make sure that you deal with the situation appropriately. To help you out, we’ve come up with six tips on how to deal with a difficult boss.

Interview Questions
    • The working world is full of lots of weird and wonderful people that need to be able to work together. An important person to get on with in the workplace is the boss because, at the end of the day, they’re the person that can have a big impact on your career progression   View Answer

Creative Accounts Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Process started out promising and moved at an average 2-3 week pace with two rounds of phone interviews. Was then flown from Bay Area to Hillsboro, OR for in-person interviews. Environment felt frenzied and I have never witnessed so many fast walkers. I felt like I was intruding on the hiring manager's busy day, as he was stressed with work - but it did provide me with insight with regards to how he handled pressure. Met with five team members. Interviews ranged from basic conversation to downright odd. I was taken aback by a strategist who seemed like he didn't even know who he was interviewing. He asked questions that were irrelevant and provided zero insight into my abilities. Overall, I was disappointed with the experience and will chalk it down as just that - an experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is our B2B strategy and how would you improve upon it? (Note: the role I was interviewing for had nothing to do with developing strategy)   View Answer

Not a good fit culturally.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

The interview process started with a hiring manager reaching out to me to coordinate a phone interview, the actual phone interview/screening that lasted for about 30 minutes, and the on-site interview. This hiring manager was not the actual hiring manager for the position I interviewed for when I was brought in for the on-site interview. The entire face-to-face interview was for 3-1/2 hours where I spoke with 5 Intel employees that included the actual hiring manager, hardware and software engineers, and a management staff member.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair and based on my experience and what they look for in candidates. Since I was fairly well-prepared for both the phone and on-site interviews, I answered all the questions with confidence. As (I) expected for engineering interviews, some of the questions involved (a) processes in test and manufacturing environments, (b) test methods, (c) electrical diagrams, and (d) situational and behavioral questions.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Smooth process without HR to get phone interview and on-site.
    Seven rounds of technical interview from 10am to 5pm, telecommunication knowledge and C language coding. Some interviewers showed obviously unfriendly attitude for unknown reason and tried to pick any minor issue during the interview

IT Software Developer Engineer Interview

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I had a first round interview at the Grace Hopper Convention. I was interviewed by two IT engineers. The questions were mostly behavioral with a few technical questions at the end about binary trees and Java. After a few weeks, they set up an interview day with me. There were two phone interviews at different times of the day. The first phone interview was with two IT managers that were asking behavioral questions; the second interview was with another manager who asked about my abilities and walked through my resume with me to learn about my experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Outline the differences (pros/cons) between languages like C/C++ versus Java.   Answer Question

The position was for Chandler, AZ, which isn't where I wanted to be. I received an offer with better pay and benefits elsewhere. The people I interview with were very friendly though.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was contacted by two different teams on the phone for a "get to know you" call. I received a technical follow-up call from one of the teams that did not go very well. It was my mistake that I wasn't very prepared. So study up on things you think you already know! Then I came in for long day of interviews with people from the other team. It was I think six different interviews ranging from technical puzzle to coding to questions on how I work with others. The environment was very relaxed, casual, and pretty comfortable. Because of my first screw-up on the phone I had put a week's worth of hard studying/reviewing so I was well prepared for these interviews, and they went really well.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly happens in a computer system when there's a keyboard input interrupt, and how does the CPU process that instruction.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate a higher starting salary, which I was bummed about. But they did throw in a few thousand dollar sign-on bonus.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Had applied online via Intel Job portal.
    One round of telephonic from the Senior Manager. This round was mostly on my resume and projects few basic knowledge testing.
    Got a call for on-site visit. I had 5 rounds of 1:1 with senior software developers. They covered grounds on Object oriented concepts, XML, Java, Data structures, algorithms and design concepts. Each round did had white board coding ( moderate difficulty ). Process was very good and the interviewers very friendly and helpful. (they knew what to expect from a grad student!!)
    Lunch session with the manager to discuss about team and the culture.
    Got a mail in the same week with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Few of the coding questions were on memory level.
      Like how to test the stack overflow in java via a simple code.

Answer Question
    Offer was pretty competitive for me. Yes you do have an option to negotiate when the HR calls for the formal offer discussion.

Component Design Engineer Interview

30 to 45 min phone interview followed by on site. Phone interview consisted of questions from RTL design, computer architecture and CMOS. On site consisted of DFT, RTL and VLSI design questions.