Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,393 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  MacPherson (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in MacPherson (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2011.

Initial phone call followed by f2f interview.
    Formal questions on programming and about the gsm domain knowledge also oops concept.after a week got a call and got the offer.
    Accepted offer.

Package?

Circuit Design Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

2 interviews , the hiring process is quickly in general, the questions are average, the interviewers are gentle , i got their from the university .
    the first section is to talk about your self ,, then about your projects ,, then a 3 technical questions

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Met a recruiter at a campus career fair. He asked broad questions like "why do you want to be an engineer?" just to get to know my personality. He was very friendly and wanted me to succeed. A few days later, there was a phone interview. The questions weren't supposed to be difficult, but they focused more on embedded design. (My studies focused on analog circuits). I thought I did pretty poorly, and the interviewer said that I wasn't proceeding in the interview process, but about 3 weeks later they flew me down to Arizona for an on-site interview.

The process was 5 one-on-one, hour long interviews. Each person asked about something different (one for behavioral, one for programming skills, one for digital logic, etc.). I had to use the whiteboard often to draw schematics or show my ideas and my thought process. I got along well with most of the interviewers but I think the actual hiring manager didn't like me. Recieved an email a few days later saying that I did not get the job.

I pointed out my lack of digital experience several times, but I'm surprised I still made it that far through the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Given this circuit, how can you redesign it to use fewer logic gates?   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

I had a telephone interview and the questions where pretty basic ... what is a State Machine? What is a Latch? How do you construct a TFF our of a DFF? ... I passed the telephone interview and I was asked to come onsite. Everything that I studied pretty much came up in the onsite interview ... however, question began to get harder beyond the scope of what I had either put on my resume, or in the actual application. What I noticed in the paperwork was that although the position that I was applying for was for a Recent College Graduate (RCG), the paperwork showed "experience" ... I had experience as a Apps Engineer, but not as a Component Design Engineer. Given that I was applying for something entirely different (Verilog, Timing related, Synthesis related) and just had graduated from a Masters program, I still was being considered an experience candidate. Make sure that you tell them that if you apply as a RCG, that it should be that way and not as an experienced candidate.

Interview Questions
    • It was a CPU question at the gate level ... I have never seen this question in either of my Bachelors or Masters level classes. It was not a question about the CPU Architecture to be clear.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

I was working as an Intern and applied through internal website. There was an initial talk with the hiring team about my current project. Then two weeks later, a full day interview was scheduled. Multiple areas of computer Science curriculum were tested. One round was on virtualization and communication stack in VMs, one round on networking, one round was on Graph theory.

Core OS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

I was contacted in March, 2014 by a recruiter. One Engineer called me and asked OS based questions such as semaphore, interrupt controller etc. Then he called for onsite right away. Onsite interview consisted of 6 interviews. I was asked about cache coherency protocols like MSI, MESI, their state diagrams and explain each transition. Other questions include bit manipulation, optimization of algorithms, codes, operating system concepts etc.

Interview Questions
    • optimization of algorithms, codes sometimes are bit challenging   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

Applied under Veteran opportunity; No job description provided for Manufacturing Technician. Any EE could easily pass this interview. Portland is known for hiring desireables; apparently, and EE major, Veteran, who passed 4/4 questions with the technical portion missing from their folder isn't desireable.

Interview Questions
    • Veteran. Female. Electrical Engineer degree.   View Answer

BIOS Engineer Interview

V organized interview process. Interviewers were knowledgeable and respectable.Got 1 break in between. White board coding. System level questions , puzzles.Asked in depth on projects done on resume. Behavioral questions : what would you do if employee in team is not finishing projects on time ?

Graduate Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2012.

In the first round candidates were selected based on your resume. No aptitude test like other companies. Then there was 1 Technical round. If you get through then next round is HR. Else you'll be called for technical interview by other teams. This process might go for around 6 rounds. Even after that you don't clear then you are not selected. HR round is basically tests your Emotional Quotient (EQ). Normal HR round. Just for formality sake.

No negotiation

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

7 persons with different background to interview technical, personality and even entertainment and system high level background do not ask for details but just overall.
    Salary negotiation are little bit slow as Intel pay includes lots portions, base pay is always not attractive.

Interview Questions

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!