Intel Corporation

3.1

320 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied online - got an email for setting up phone interview call.
    First interview call - directly with the hiring manager. Asked about past exp and resume
    then simple OS related questions and then some moderate level questions
    Second Interview call - with the team lead. Average OS related questions

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I applied through an employee referral. Phone interview was followed by an onsite interview with 1 hr presentation of my PhD research. About 4 weeks after the onsite interview, I received the official offer letter. All technical questions were related to my research. There were some very common behavioral questions too.

Interview Questions
    • Basic CMOS related questions, including fabrication steps   Answer Question

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

I applied online through Intel's website and received an email to set up a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was simple, just basic questions about information on my resume, and was conducted by an operations manager. The technical questions were also basic and I was told my questions about equipment and such would have to be answered by engineers in the group later. A date for an onsite interview was then scheduled. For the onsite interview, I met with seven people (managers, engineers, technicians) one-on-one for 30 minutes each. I asked them questions about the position, their projects, and the equipment and they asked me questions about projects I worked on and previous job experience. Some of them asked one or two behavioral questions, but they were more focused on my previous projects and research experience. There were some repeated questions from each of the interviewers. Thirty minutes is really short and the time passes quickly. I was told they would get back to me in three days to a week, but they called me a few hours later and offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • The standard "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Analog Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

Submitted an on-line application and had a phone-interview about a month later. The phone interview was very technical on your Ph.D. dissertation research and basic things on the job description. I had an on-site interview invitation on that day of the phone-interview.
    The on-site interview was even more technical, and I presented my dissertation research about 45 min including Q & A. Throughout the day, I was asked to answer very specific questions and even to use a whiteboard to answer technical questions. Be sure to prepare your on-site interview and read text books. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    I had not any negotiation since the offer was beyond my expectation.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

Applied under Veteran opportunity; No job description provided for Manufacturing Technician. Any EE could easily pass this interview. Portland is known for hiring desireables; apparently, and EE major, Veteran, who passed 4/4 questions with the technical portion missing from their folder isn't desireable.

Interview Questions
    • Veteran. Female. Electrical Engineer degree.   View Answer

PTD Module and Yield Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Applied through and employee referral. Started with a phone interview with the manager of the area that I was applying for. The phone interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and involved explaining details of my PhD research and describe specifics of work that I performed. Additionally the manager gave me an idea of the type of position I would be placed in.

At the end of the phone interview I was invited for an onsite interview to take place during the next month. The onsite interview involved a 1 hour presentation (15 minutes for questions, I only had 1 easy questions) about my PhD research. About 10-12 showed for for my talk which I believe was on the high side of expectations. The actual interviews involved ten 45 minute one-on-one interviews with various experienced and un-experienced people from various areas of the group I was interviewing for. Additionally 1.5 hours was allotted for lunch with a few of the group members which was more of an informal discussion about working at Intel and living in the Hillsboro area. Overall the interview was pretty low stress, comfortable discussions with various people explaining my research. Final interview was with hiring manager who I think had already decided to hire me, and told me as much before I left.

I received an official offer a little less then 2 weeks later. I arranged a phone call to discuss the offer with someone from HR, who explained all of the details. An official email with a PDF copy of the offer came a few hours later. I was given 2 weeks to respond.

In general if you make it onsite just know your PhD research and be personable and you will probably get offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made in your professional/personal life that turned out to be positive.   Answer Question
    Offer was significantly higher then I expected. I didn't negotiate.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Questions
    • All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Advanced Analytics Development and Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

I got an email long back from the hiring manager about a prospective internship which I declined that time because I already got an offer from other group. However, I kept the mail and followed up recently for a full-time opening with the hiring manager in May 2014 and he said that he actually has an opening now. He asked me to formally apply online for a given job number. In June 2014 I got another email for phone interview which was scheduled in mid July 2014, it lasted for an hour and covered stuff regarding my thesis and prior two internships at Intel. The interviewer was the hiring manager himself and he invited me for an all paid onsite interview in the following week.

Day of the interview:
    starting 8 AM in the morning, I had to give a presentation on my thesis topic that lasted for an hour. After that there were 6 one on one interviews each one lasting about an hour (except the 1.5 hrs of lunch time during which I was taken out for a group lunch at a restaurant along with 3 members of the group). The interviewers tested behavioral and technical skills. All the interviews were conducted in the cafe. Pretty informal type. They wanted to see how I think, my problem solving skills, my soft skills etc. There were questions on my published papers (one of the interviewers came with my paper in her hand and asked questions from there) and on my thoughts about dealing with the datasets they have in hand. All the interviewers were very nice and friendly. I got a very positive vibe of the group (consisting of 7-8 members). They mentioned that there will be another person joining the group in August 2014 and if I am hired, I will be their newest member. There were 2 other members who joined last year or the year before, who were about the same age group as I am. All in all, it was a good experience. The day ended at 4 PM with the last interview with hiring manager. Within 1 week I got an offer from Intel HR.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember any. Technical questions depends on how well you know your work and basics. All the behavioral questions can be answered if you have worked at a company at some point in your career. I kinda enjoyed the interviews ,I would say.   Answer Question
    Proposed a higher base salary but the HR got back to me saying that they have some constraint and can not increase it. However, they offered me an one time hiring bonus which was good enough.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was interviewed through phone for Product Development Engineer Intern position. The main idea of the interview was mainly regarding technical questions in computer architecture and programming topics and see if I was able to work and communicate it through.

Make sure to review your truth table, logic gates, and programming concepts that you have lost touched on for any software engineering positions.

Unfortunately, few weeks later, the group lost their funding so they couldn't hire interns.

Overall, it was a great experience and I enjoyed the interview with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Simplify (~a)b+abc+b(~c)? Clear register bits using OR/XOR. Programming in C questions.   Answer Question

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Panel of Technical Questions, Managers, and Senior Technical staff.
    Group System Walks with shift leads of all shift techs.
    HR Behavioral questions, this was the stuff that was unexpected due to odd questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a problem, and how you solved it using a calculation, and step by step process.   View Answer
    Turned down first offer and interviewed with a night shift manager and took a UPW position.