Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Met a recruiter at a campus career fair. He asked broad questions like "why do you want to be an engineer?" just to get to know my personality. He was very friendly and wanted me to succeed. A few days later, there was a phone interview. The questions weren't supposed to be difficult, but they focused more on embedded design. (My studies focused on analog circuits). I thought I did pretty poorly, and the interviewer said that I wasn't proceeding in the interview process, but about 3 weeks later they flew me down to Arizona for an on-site interview.

The process was 5 one-on-one, hour long interviews. Each person asked about something different (one for behavioral, one for programming skills, one for digital logic, etc.). I had to use the whiteboard often to draw schematics or show my ideas and my thought process. I got along well with most of the interviewers but I think the actual hiring manager didn't like me. Recieved an email a few days later saying that I did not get the job.

I pointed out my lack of digital experience several times, but I'm surprised I still made it that far through the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Given this circuit, how can you redesign it to use fewer logic gates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

My interview process for a validation engineer started with a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager in which we discussed by background and current role. He also briefly went into what the posted job entailed and what type of expertise he was looking for. There were no specific technical questions but he did ask me to talk about my level of expertise for various technical aspects.
    Next was the in-person interview. I had six 30-minute one-on-one interviews with different members of the team, as well as a break for lunch to speak with the hiring manager again. Each person focused on a different area of questioning, ranging from logic questions, behavioral, and technical. The logic questions were pretty standard for the industry and they're just looking to see how you think so you want to think out loud during these.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write everything I know about the wireless protocols (802.11) on the whiteboard and then questioned on various pieces of it.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate salary a bit, but at this point in the process HR takes over. Even if the hiring manager really really wants you there is not a lot of room to negotiate.

Validation Engineer Interview

2 interviews, the first is more professional approach with 2 seniors employees and the second with 2 managers and in personal approach.

Interview Questions
    • To design and describe RAM system that deal with fragmentation problems   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

got the interview via referral

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Phone screen with potential coworker, phone interview with potential coworker and hiring manager, dinner with several managers and all candidates, seven 1:1 interviews lasting entire day.

Intel is more concerned about finding people who fit the Intel culture, and less concerned about what you have done. No difficult technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    Non-existent. The offer was not negotiable.

Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

Pretty straightforward interview. Asked what I knew about validation, as well as the relevant analog circuits and lab equipment I'd be using. Interviewed with about 5-6 different people for 1 hour sessions each. Each had a different specialty so they steered questions towards that area. Asked about software experience for scripting validation tasks.

Interview Questions
    • (You are given a waveform drawing) What does this waveform tell you about the channel and driving circuitry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

I got the interview through a conference. Talked to a couple of engineers and they contacted me 2 days later to give me another phone interview. The phone interview was not technical; he just wanted to know what were my interests and what would be the best fit for me. After the phone interview they invited me over to the site for 6 one-to-one interviews. Four out of the six interviews were technical, and the other two were personality test + a little bit of information about the position and the organization. Next day they called me and told me I had been selected. They seem be to be very organized, intelligent, and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of computer architecture questions like: Draw the Intel architecture, what is DMA and how does it work?   Answer Question
    • A lot of C questions like: what is a non-volatile variable, write a code to read and write to a memory location, clear a bit...   Answer Question
    • Many troubleshooting questions like: what could be happening if you are reading to a memory location and you get nothing back.

Also now every single thing you put on your resume because they will ask you everything they can about it.
        Answer Question
    on the one-to-one interviews I asked one of the managers if they offered signing bonus and he told me not to worry about it that he would arrange something for me. They gave me a good offer with great relocation and a singing bonus that is not usually offered. If you are going to negotiate don't negotiate the base salary, or relocation. It is better to negotiate the signing bonus

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

I was contacted by HR to see if I was interested in interviewing. They said that a phone interview would be set up in the coming week. I then received an email by an engineer to set up a phone interview. Because of travel schedules, the phone interview was 2 weeks later. The phone screen was basically telling what the job is and gauging my interest and experience -- no technical questions.

A few days later, HR emailed me to set up an onsite interview the following week. The onsite interview consisted of 8 1:1 interviews lasting from 30 to 45 minutes each, including one interview over lunch. The interviews were all very technical in nature, often with me at the whiteboard drawing diagrams or writing out code. Senior management was very blunt during the interviews, telling me that the job requires a major time commitment, and most people work 60-70 hours per week at that location. Several other interviewers warned me that work schedules are very demanding at this location.

8 days after the interview I was called and told that they were preparing an offer. I had to then fill out all of the application paperwork and submit for a background check. The following week, an HR representative set up an evening call to present the offer, and I was emailed an official offer letter the following day. They gave me 7 days maximum to respond to the offer, and said that I could start work within about 3 weeks of accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Write a class that can read or write to memory addresses of any attached peripheral.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between find and grep in Unix?   View Answer

The offer was a little underwhelming in terms of money, and I didn't feel that the job was a great fit for me. I also didn't like the prospect of a job that regularly requires 60-70 hours per week, as I was bluntly told during the interview.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2011.

I interviewed with an intel engineer on career fair. He took my resume, Three weeks later, a manger called me and asked me some basic questions. Also, he introduced his group. Three weeks later I got an on-site interview at portland, OR. There were 5 people and they asked different field questions such as analog or architecture.

Interview Questions
    • What is the advantages and disadvantages for using Domino gates?   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

Applied online. Was contacted via email a few weeks later to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was basically a screening to assess general tech level as it related to the position. Was invited to their facility for the actual interviews, which consisted of 5 roughly 1 hour long interviews.

Interview Questions

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!