InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

2.7

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2011.

If you're studying Hospitality, the interview was done with HR first then the properties "picked" who they liked. (only one property at a time could pick you, so if you said no, then you may not get another property picking you / if you said yes, a better opportunity may have been waiting but missed out on picking you).
    Then met with managers for one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward interview questions, nothing that I wasn't prepared for. As long as you follow the STAR behavioural technique you'll be fine. Have a few generalised answers that can be moulded to suit the question.   Answer Question

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Sales Coordinator Interview

The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

The pay rate was low

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Binghamton, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2012.

Two Interviews - Corporate HR and Owning Company Representative - both were behavioral with the HR one being more of an technical experience base and the other being more of a strategic and behavior interview

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral/Situation line of questions   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate and the soft sell method worked.

Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in March 2014.

very accurate it was very long but not overwhelming i was interviewed by 3 persons, the HRM, the FOM and the GM at the end for more than an hour

Assistant Gm Hotel Interview

I applied online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2013.

Very smooth and educational process. I was kept informed over the entire process. Process was timed just right. Everyone I came in contact with was great. Traveling to the corporate office was impressive.

Past Experience

Training Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2014.

The interview process took months and there was little communication.

Interview Questions
    • There was a task assignment that was asked of the applicants and no feedback on what worked or didn't.   Answer Question

Director of Food & Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in March 2014.

Interview with Director of HR, Interview with Director of Operation, Interview with Regional General Manager

Interview Questions
    Back and forth. Finally hotel pulled all previously discussed offers back and pulled the job posting

Worked for InterContinental Hotels Group? Contribute to the Community!