InterContinental Hotels Group

2.7

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2011.

If you're studying Hospitality, the interview was done with HR first then the properties "picked" who they liked. (only one property at a time could pick you, so if you said no, then you may not get another property picking you / if you said yes, a better opportunity may have been waiting but missed out on picking you).
    Then met with managers for one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward interview questions, nothing that I wasn't prepared for. As long as you follow the STAR behavioural technique you'll be fine. Have a few generalised answers that can be moulded to suit the question.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

First step : selection based on resume and cover letter
    Second step : phone interview with HR
    Third step : online tests
    Fourth step : phone interview with relevant field directors
    Fifth step : Assessment center in one of the hotels
    Final selection

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions : why would you like to work for us ? What skills do you have which fits with the mission you are applying for ? Tell me a mission you accomplished you were particularly proud of ?   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in February 2015.

2 phone interviews, 1 face to face, followed up by another phone interview.
    They said they really liked me and thought I was a good fit at the face to face but then never called me back to say yes or no.

Interview Questions
    • General open ended questions..."What have you done with ...?" Some questions like "Explain how xyz was done previously and your role with it." All of that was during the first 2 calls and the face to face. For the 3rd call the lower level person who did not make the hiring decision kept asking very technical questions about subjects that were not relevant, technologies that were outdated, or about items that I had already stated that I was not familiar with. He kept asking the same questions just rewording them.

Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

There were two phone interviews, one in person interview followed 2 months later after being asked to work with their process and they were very interested. Then we had a panel interview and IHG provided no feedback after that step.

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Applied online and scheduled my interview. Went to IHG and had a personality test. After, I had a 1 on 1 interview with an HR rep. She asked about my background/previous job. She then gave me a skills test. Finished that and was told that I passed to get a 2nd interview. 2nd interview was a panel interview 2 on 1. Was asked to roleplay as a Customer Care Rep dealing with an angry caller. Was offered the job after passing that. I accepted and was told to wait for an e-mail to conduct the background check.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about something that you've done that you're not proud of."   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate, it's a CSR job.

Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

I applied online and a couple of days later got an email asking me to schedule an interview. I went to the office at the appointed hour and waited a couple minutes before I was sent to talk to a nice lady about why I was applying. After I was asked to take a couple test on a computer followed by a mock call situation test on a computer. After I talked to a second interviewer and after answering more questions mostly about past experience I was asked to take a call from him to reserve him a room and then I was offered the job.

Planning Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied online. Process took almost 2 months. 2 phone interviews, followed by 3 stages: Case study presentation, and another 2 other interviews. Questions were extensive and considerable knowledge of the industry was required.

Interview Questions
    • They all were relatively straightforward. Why this industry? Why us? What are the current events in this sector? How competition alters the landscape? Talk me through a change process. RoI on investment. P&L of a hotel calculation. etc   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in December 2014.

Went through a recruiter and spoke with one hiring manager who seemed to be having a busy day. He didn't seem to interested from the start and was only concerned with a couple of very specific quesitons/answers. He seemed a bit condescending on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very specific question related to a certain type of experience with a tool that they use and I answered but I don't believe that it was the answer that the hiriing manager wanted specifically. He wasn't specific enough in his questioning and didn't account for what the total application could do so I don't think he understood.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

First conversation with HR department
    Second conversation with Sales Manager and General Manager.

Due to juniority mostly questions related to studies and internships, as well as my motivation for the position.

Director Interview

I didn't enjoy the process. They brought several candidates who were competing for the same role on the same day, even having lunch together. that's ok for an internship position, not for a senior role. Pretty uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were OK, but none of candidates got one on one time with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager included another candidate at the same time. Akward.   Answer Question