Intuit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details Was referred by a friend and applied online.

The recruiter contacted me around 2-3 months later and scheduled an interview with the Program Manager.

The questions were around my work in previous companies and nature and scale of my responsibilities. I got the impression that my resume was being read for the first time. Links to details and references within my resume that were hosted on the internet were all being opened for the first time. It all looked so surreal and absurd. I expected better preparation from someone asking questions in an interview.

The recruiter did not respond to queries. I got the impression that the recruiting process in Intuit India is bungled up.

Interview Question – None that I remember. Most questions were vague.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details Did an online application with three Phone Interviews The next level was an Interview with the Hiring Sales Manager and mid level manager. Each interview lasted approx 1 hour. Went well and was under the impresssion was going to be invited back for a final interview Did hear back for three weeks until after phone calls I have no complaints The process was fair honest professional and open they just wanted to pursue someone else which happens

Interview Question – Sat down at table and Hiring Manager asked right off the back "Do you have any questions of me?' Which prob would have tripped up someone not prepared but i did and from there it went well   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Senior Software Engineer In Test
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intuit in November 2010.

Interview Details Got an Employee referral. The process was pretty fast. There were 5 rounds done in a day. First two were technical rounds where lot of QA related questions and situations were. Then there was a panel discussion round. Finally a manager round round and HR rounds. Employees were very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall a great experience.

Interview Question – lot of logical reasoning questions and database queries   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Information Security Analyst
Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview lead to on-site interview (expenses paid).
Scheduling seemed to be an area of difficulty for HR; be flexible.
Be prepared to answer vague questions; attempt to answer in multiple ways.

Interview Question – Every question was vague, even when asked to be more specific.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in August 2010.

Interview Details Interviews are behavioral based, have some good examples of success, failure, challenges.
Try to have new examples for each interview, but can reuse an example if it fits multiple questions.
You can be scheduled for all day session of interviews.

Interview Question – The key is to have a good collection of real life examples with measurable outcomes   Answer Question

Service and Support Representative Interview

Service and Support Representative
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on their website. In one week I received an email from the recruiter stating that she wanted to have a screen phone interview. The phone interview went very well. She told me about the position, asked a few questions about my experience and we set up a face to face interview for the next week. I got an email confirmation with the details of the interview. The following week I had the face to face interview. It lasted about one hour, half of it was with the manager, the other half with a head of a team. Very nice, professional people. A lot of behavioural questions relating to customer service and my experience within the field. Said I would be contacted by the recruiter. Aside from a phone call from the background check company about a week and half later I never heard from them. I tried following up with the recruiter once but didn't get a response.

Interview Question – Tell me of a small observation you made that had a great impact on the activity?   Answer Question

Group Manager SMB Interview

Group Manager SMB
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in September 2011.

Interview Details Multiple interviews using STAR format. The interview was casual. Do not wear a suit or tie. You will feel extremely uncomfortable. They also stress that in the hiring process. Be prepared for 6-10 interviews before having an offer. Teleconference is likely as well. The process moves pretty quickly and the interviewers take the job very seriously. They were all well prepared and professional.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Quality Interview

Software Engineer In Quality

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intuit in May 2014.

Interview Details Entire process took 3 week starting with initial contact from recruiter through LinkedIn. 1st Phone screen with recruiter. 2nd Phone screen with Lead engineer 3rd onsite (5 interviews) including hiring manager

Interview Question – Interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions.
1. Lot of behavioral questions i.e situational questions from your previous work experience
2. Technical questions ranging from OO concepts from Java, Selenium, C#, Web Services etc
3. 2 interview with Sr QA engineers ranging from behavioral questions to technical questions like reverse of string , different web-service questions like when to use soap vs rest, what put/post/get methods do etc...

In my experience, I believe the entire interview depends on that one person (other than the hiring manager) on how he/she feels about you in the interview. During the entire interview process all the developers/QA engineers kept on asking Technical/Behavioral interview questions which I feel were answered to their expectations. None of them asked me to write code on the board.
 During the initial phone screen I indicated that I do not have hands on with Java in my current job. Inspite of that they decided to call me onsite.
After the exhaustive interview process the recruiter told me that I do not have hands on with some technologies they use and that is why they are not moving forward with the hiring.

My only suggestion is: It would be great if the company took individual feedback from each interviewer as compared to relying on feedback of one person for deciding on the outcome of the interview.
  Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Diego, CA (US)

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details Use a Behavior based interview starting w/ standard character questions. Interviews usually are 3 - 4 hours and involve either several stakeholders and may include a panel. Interviews usually start with a general intro and basic soft ball questions... get progressively more difficult ...

Interview Question – Describe some of the best practices/strategies you use for Marketing data analysis and the different methodologies for devising marketing analysis plans.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in March 2013.

Interview Details Very process oriented. I got to speak and interview with the people I need to so I could really learn about the company and expectations. Spoke with peers, my Team Lead and a Senior Manager. All of them with intuit from 8-15 years.

Interview Question – Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were within my range.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!