Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Explanation of current project in detail and questions related to java web service security mechanism, query parameters. How to test the post url.Questions about getting max value of a column from a table, sort by command in sql . Implement ArrayList using Array in java. Given a scenario which data structure will be efficient (Arraylist or linkedlist). Diff between SOAP vs restful webservices. Hibernate Vs JDBC ?

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit.

1 tech, 1 HR interview and one on-spot design work sort of.
    Algorithms questions, Resume questions that's it. little about design pattern. when & where to the design patterns. Asked about Factory, Template and Builder pattern.

Interview Questions
    I was an intern interview only. Got the Pre-Placement Offer after intern completion.

Credit Analyst Interview

Hired through a staffing agency. Interviewed by a panel of 3 (2 managers, 1 team lead). All were very warm, asked me about my experience. Told me about the role I was expected to do, asked if I foresaw any problems with the tasks. Interview over.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Negotiated on behalf of me by my staffing agent.

CS Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in March 2014.

I meet and received an interview at my university's job fair after speaking with representatives for about half an hour. They were quite friendly to speak to and interview with. The interview was composed of two distinct parts: the resume portion and the technical skills portion. I had a different interviewer for each part. Overall, the interview lasted around forty five minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Given a linked list data structure, how could you find the center element while only looping through the collection once?   Answer Question

Tax Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

This was one of the most fun and interesting interviews I've ever had. It was a phone interview with 2 managers. Besides the personal chit chat, the interview was broken down into three parts.
    Review of the Position: Managers spoke about the difference between tax advice and tax information.
    Questions about experience: How you handle irate clients on the telephone. Describe tax experience.
    Role play: Using TurboTax website, look up answers to common client issues.

Overall, the interview was moderately easy. The managers I spoke with where personable and easy to talk to. They seem to enjoy their job and that's always a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your tax experience both paid and unpaid.   View Answer
    Seems like they have a set salary schedule. I was offered a step above base pay, which worked for me. I didn't really negotiate anything.

Seasonal Tax Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Intuit.

My interview and hiring process took less than a week. The assessments were typical assessments and the tax assessment was easy because you were able to utilize resources such as the internet. The interview questions were typical questions and role playing they were not difficult in nature. If you have experience in customer service you should have no problem. My only problem is that they initially told me the pay starts at 16/hr and increase with experience but when they offered me the position they stated the individual was incorrect and that it started at 15/hr and apologized. However, I did not need an apology they should have just honored what was initially mentioned and they should have started me with more than that based on experience alone! In the end the process was quick and easy and I am looking forward to working from home

Horrible

Staff Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in January 2010.

Multiple people interview the candidate including Director/VP level.
    Designated Interview building.
    Prefer external candidates over internal.
    Referred by a manager whom I used to work for in a former company.
    Interviews focus and skill set and unlike Google they do not focus on general Math Analytical type of skills.

Interview Questions
    They just paid better than my previous employer.

Tax Support Specialist (Seasonal) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in August 2014.

Online application with assessment. Then phone interview; if they like you then you will get an invitation to take another online assessment that tests your research skills and tax knowledge. If you do well you will receive another phone call scheduling you another interview which is 2:1 conference call. Based upon assessments and interviews you may be presented an offer which is contingent upon your system meeting requirements and your background check.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time you dealt with a rude customer. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I did not try to negotiate! They made an offer and I accepted!

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in January 2012.

The difficulty level is moderate and questions were related to Quality Process, if you have used automation then simple questions related to tools will be asked. Be confident and answer confidently. If you dont know then be bold Interviewers were really helpfull. Overall it was good experience

Interview Questions
    • Question related to Agile methodologies and few algorithms   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Intuit in May 2010.

Company recruiters plays a significant role in the hiring process. Make sure you follow up with them in a profession and speedy way to make their job easier. They are very influential in your compensation negotiation process as well.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to discuss your experience in driving changes, leadership and conflict management.   Answer Question

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!