Intuit

Updated 22 Jan 2015

Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit in November 2014.

I was approached by someone I knew from a previous position that was a platform partner of Intuit's. They WILL NOT poach employees from partners, but after I went to another role they pursued me. My new role wasn't well suited so I was open to the idea of an interview, and met with the teams a few times. They even invited me to different events the company was having even though it wasn't part of the interview process. Different team members would introduce themselves and tell me why they loved the company. Many were employees for less than a year (as Intuit's presence is fairly 'young' in the AU market). My role required some interviews with the US office so they would set up phone interviews for me to meet with various team members. The whole process was very transparent and not stressful in the slightest.

Interview Questions
    • When dealing with senior management that disagrees with your recommendation, how to you proceed?   View Answer
    Easy, they were understanding. I gave realistic expectations, and they exceeded them.

Rotational Development Program Associate Interview

I had already worked for the company as a co-op, so the interview process for me was a little bit easier. I started with a quick 15-30 minute phone interview that asked typical questions, i.e., "what are your strengths and weaknesses?", etc. At the end of that phone call I received feedback that I would be recommended for a final interview and I should be hearing from someone soon to set it up. The next interview was about a week or two later, and was much more difficult than the initial. All of the questions asked were situational, i.e., "Tell us a time when _____", "Give us an example of when ____ and what you did". This was a video conference interview, and it lasted about 1.5 hours. I heard back about the position about a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what your biggest struggle has been and how you over came it.

Give us an example of when you used additional sets of data to support an original set.

Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit.

HR called based on my application for an opening which i had submitted on the company website, he inquired about my skill set and the ctc i was expecting , he said he would callback for scheduling the interview but never did . I was waiting for a week but left hope at the end of it

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intuit.

The company seemed to be a good place to get on with however their recruiters were not professional. After taking a 45 minute on line test they scheduled a live interview. I interviewed with 3 people in-house. All young, t-shirts, sneakers, and even a jersey and a ball cap. Not that this is bad, it speaks to the relaxed atmosphere of the work place. I really thought that I could do well there. I have 30 years of management experience.

However.....after the interview I followed up with the recruiter via email, then phone calls, then more emails. I NEVER HEARD BACK. Part of a recruiters job is not just getting the right people in the door for interviews, but it is also to professionally handle any questions and to let you know if you have been selected or not selected.

Professional courtesy seems to be lacking in their hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get someone off the phone   View Answer

Training Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in January 2015.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter for the Training Manager role. She conducted a 30 minute phone interview with me and then recommended me to the hiring manager. Within two weeks I was interviewed by the hiring manager, again by phone. This was a pretty straightforward interview, nothing too challenging, mostly to get a sense of my capabilities. It took a few more weeks, due to the holidays, until I was scheduled for an on-site interview. This included meeting with four remote team members each for 30 minutes, then a finally 30-minute interview with the hiring manager. By the end of the day, I received a phone call with the job offer. Overall, the interview questions covered my competencies, but were not especially challenging.

Interview Questions
    • I have had some career changes and varied educational background. One interviewer wanted to know how my undergraduate studies informed my current work.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit in January 2015.

Totally four rounds one telephonic and rest three face to face,initially four rounds were scheduled but they conducted only three rounds. They asked me to take full day leave and come left me at 2 o clock so a leave of mine wasted I could have done in half day leave. Still haven't heard from them. They have asked mostly technical questions related to threads, the implemention of connection pool and hash map, not the run of the mill interview questions, one design and at least a few algo are compulsory.

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

First Telephonic discussion followed by 3 technical discussions and a Manager round.
    Little bit of coding around Java, TestNG, Selenium, Silk Test
    Exposure to tools like Junit / NUnit, Jmeter, Silk Performer, SCM tools, Code coverage tools, test case repository tools

Joining Bonus

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit.

Several back and forths with the recruiter over a months time. A couple last minute cancelled phone interviews. One Phone and f2f interview with hiring manager. No pay negotiation. Take it or leave it pay offer. Overall no signs of effective hiring procedures.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about how you handle a difficult customer.   View Answer

I found the pay tactic disrespectful and it shows Intuit is not serious in paying for top talent.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

I talked to them at my university's job fair and was contacted about a week later to schedule an initial 30 minute technical interview. It went pretty well, I was asked things from my resume and small coding questions based on what was from my resume as well (ie. algorithm for Fibonacci sequence, bst, UNIX, etc). I passed that and moved onto a 30-minute behavioral interview about another week later. I heard that normally they do these two back to back, but they did them separately with the technical first in order to interview more people. The behavioral interview asked about leadership experience and teamwork based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. What could be unexpected are the behavioral questions that are asked, but as long as you prepare some stories of situations you've handled/resolved, it'll be all right.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Approximate one hour phone interview with recruiter followed by onsite interview with managers. Welcoming atmosphere, prompt and timely onsite interview process totaling about an hour. Focused on the culture and advancement opportunities as benefits of working there. Was not offered position and no feedback offered following interview.