Intuit Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Sydney) in November 2014.

Interview

I was approached by someone I knew from a previous position that was a platform partner of Intuit's. They WILL NOT poach employees from partners, but after I went to another role they pursued me. My new role wasn't well suited so I was open to the idea of an interview, and met with the teams a few times. They even invited me to different events the company was having even though it wasn't part of the interview process. Different team members would introduce themselves and tell me why they loved the company. Many were employees for less than a year (as Intuit's presence is fairly 'young' in the AU market). My role required some interviews with the US office so they would set up phone interviews for me to meet with various team members. The whole process was very transparent and not stressful in the slightest.

Interview Questions

• When dealing with senior management that disagrees with your recommendation, how to you proceed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, they were understanding. I gave realistic expectations, and they exceeded them.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions. Focused on leadership, working cross functionally, and interest in the company and the position. I had several rounds of interviews both on the phone and in person. Once my final interview was completed, HR acted very quickly with the offer. The onboarding process was also very smooth and I was provided all the necessary new hire information on my first day

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you worked cross-functionally and had to convince a business partner to move forward with your recommendation?   Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. It lasted for about half an hour. The intention was about the understanding of rest apis, test framework, java basics etc. Still awaiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• 1. OOPS concepts. Explanation about Polymorphism, Inheritance. Method overloading, overriding examples.
      2. Asynchronous REST api concept.
      3. REST api automation.
      4. Difference between interface and abstract class.
      5. REST api automation code to set the yahoo home page.
      6. Selenium basics.
      7. SOAP api testing basics.
      8. HTTP status and their significance.

Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First I talked to the university recruiter, then one technical phone screen with fairly basic programming questions (i was asked fizzbuzz) and some behavioral questions. It was pretty casual and seemed mostly focused on making sure you aren't a schmuck. Then one onsite interview with 3 engineers that was a mix of behavioral and slightly harder technical questions (Fibonacci and its big o). Again it was pretty casual, they wanted to get to know you ask you about the projects you've worked on, what you are interested in, etc. and give you the chance to ask them anything you wanted. make sure to have questions to ask them, because its supposed to be more of a group conversation than them grilling you, and pay attention when they're talking so your questions arent generic.

Interview Questions

• given a time, find the angle between the minute hand and hour hand for that time on an analog clock.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Gave one day notice about interview, but they were accommodating with times. They made it seem like it would be laptop coding but it was all on the whiteboard. They told me results within a week of the interview with constructive feedback.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Initially 30-40 minutes of phone screening and then onsite interview. I did not pass the phone interview, the interview took about 15 minutes because I felt that he was not fulfilled with my answers. The interviewer did not ask me questions like tell me a bit about your background or why would you want to work for intuit.. It seemed strictly business like and the interviewer just listened to my answers without any comment making it difficult to comprehend whether I got them right or wrong.

Interview Questions

• What kind of difficulties have you observed when performing cross browser testing?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between interface and abstract class?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever faced a situation where you foresaw a possible bug which a developer will introduce and warn him/her beforehand, if yes, please explain..   1 Answer
    • Have you identified certain risks while testing?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview

I will say that the face to face interviews were great. All five people that I interviewed with had clearly looked over my resume and prepared well.

The recruiter, however was terrible. Her follow up was horrible. It would take me following up via email with her again and again in order for her to respond to my initial questions. She made me feel from the start that I was wasting her time. She was cordial enough - except when she told me that she would not keep me in mind for any other positions that come up that I might be well-suited for. She told me she could say she intended to, but she wouldn't.

My experience with the recruiter left a very bad taste.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Met at a career fair on my campus and was immediately told I would receive a follow up on campus interview. During the interview I was mostly asked coding questions about data structures such as trees and heaps and string parsing, which had to be performed on a white board.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to implement parseInt functionality from Integer class in java; i.e. a function that takes a string as input and converts it into an integer

Questions on BST insertion

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit (Rochester, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews. First was behavioral, typical questions about projects and stuff you like to do. I also got tossed some higher level design questions like how to represent a family tree programmatically, and then to describe various cases. The second part was Java-heavy, describe differences in keywords, do some structure manipulation.

When I finished after being told I answered everything right, I was told my major made my design views not in line with typical engineers. I disagreed and asked for a chance to prove myself. They called in a manager, asked another question, and kept adding restraints until I couldn't solve it anymore. At this point, I felt like they weren't interested at all and were just making the problem harder to push me out of the interview.

I got an arrogant vibe from the technical interviewer, not the first time from what I've heard from Intuit. Their higher ups were very pleasant, but they were unable to give me a clear reason as to why I couldn't move on.

Interview Questions

• Remove an item from a singly linked list. Next: do it with no additional memory usage   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Tucson, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very organized. Was a positive experience. Each interviewer was very pleasant. First 1:1 was a webcam set up in a conf room. Interviews 2,3,4 were face to face and last interview was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions that would help evlauate team participation.   Answer Question