Intuit Interview Questions

Updated 30 Oct 2014
Updated 30 Oct 2014

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit.

applied through college job fair, received mail saying I was invited to interview, applied online on company website as told.
    scheduled on campus interview.
    two interviews, half an hour each, back-to-back interviews, one behavioral and one technical.
    separate interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The 'coding' problem was super easy but there were some terminology questions that took me by surprise   Answer Question

Government Forms Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit.

Before the interview you were asked to come in and complete a written test. Not difficult, looking for how detailed you are. If you passed you then came in multiple times for a round of interviews with three or more people.

They use the STAR Testing format

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

Had two 45 minute interviews (1 behavioral, 1 technical). In the technical question I was asked to write code to filter out "bad words" in a chat screen by replacing the characters in the word with asterisks. The format of the string could be multiple words, spaces and periods between letters/words. You have a list of "bad words"

The behavioral interview essentially was just me talking about past experiences and how I handled problems/situations.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really have to negotiate because it was a really good offer (in my opinion). They have intern housing and pay for all of it. They also have a shuttle that runs between corporate housing and the campus, so I won't need to rent a car. Overall, the relocation package is fantastic along with an extremely reasonable base pay.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

I was asked to an on-campus interview during a university job fair. It was a two-stage interview with a behavioral interview component and a technical interview component. Each component was in a different room and with a different person, and they likely compared notes on candidates at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed standard but it seemed like they were looking for certain types of answers in response to the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Seasonal Services and Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

A recruiter found my profile one of the job sites. I applied on the website then got a phone interview.
    Phone interview wasn't much of behavioural but asked me about why i want to work at Intuit and took some simple tax questions, asked about some technology questions (simple, e.g. how do you troubleshoot your cell phone?). Then had 1.5 hour in person interview at office by 2 full-time reps and one manager. Got the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at intuit?
      Any situation where you weren't up to the expectations?
        Answer Question
    not really negotiation it's contract

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Contacted by recruited after meeting at career fair. Two round interview process. First round is HR with behavioral questions. Second round was technical interview. Behavioral interview was team building and more of situation type questions. Technical was completely on Data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot disclose questions. Data structures and algorithms.   View Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in October 2014.

I had an excellent interview experience at Intuit, Bangalore. I had applied for post of Staff Software Engineer through a placement consultant. I had an initial telephonic round which lasted about 40 mins. The questions were mostly technical and the interviewer explored the various technologies I had worked on. I got a call the very same day for a face to face interview after 3 days. I was handed an interview program which outlined the interviews name and profile and timings. I felt that was great.

The face to face was for 5 rounds with two technical rounds followed by a round with development manager and the architect. They were very cool and I was extremely comfortable during the interview. The questions were not too tough but they covered all the areas and there were few engaging questions testing your design capabilities.

My interview completed just yesterday so still waiting for feedback.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intuit in October 2014.

I spoke to them at a booth where they asked me to give 2 rounds of interviews- one technical and one behavioral.
    The interviewer asked me a lot about my projects and what algorithms I used and my job on each one of them. I was asked the difference between C and Java, HTML and CSS. OOPs concept are important. Asked me the concept and use of the attic keyword.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about hash maps, which I hadn't studied about.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

It was pretty cool. I submitted my resume at college/university career fair and I was asked to appear for an interview the very next day. Interview had two rounds - behavioral and technical (each 20 minutes). Both the interviewers were cool and were asking questions on my resume. I will recommend students to go through their resume thoroughly and be prepared to answer what they have written. Apart from basic resume questions - I had some questions from data structures, threads, inheritance, and basic OOPS concept. Currently, I am waiting for the results.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions were pretty unexpected so I will definitely recommend to be prepared on that front also.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

tech, marketing product management interviewees. Each interview is normall one hour and it culminates with a director interviewing you. It goes very smooth and doesn't require much time. They are pretty professional about getting things moving quickly too.

pretty smooth