Intuit Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

2.7

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Contacted by a recruiter after my resume was forwarded to her by a friend. Technical/behavioral interview was set up two weeks later. The link provided for the webcam interview was a little confusing as was the site to type code. Overall, the behavioral interview was easy, and the technical interview a little more difficult.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't familiar with most of the data structures, only ArrayLists, but the interviewer asked me a question about LinkedLists.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

I was asked simple questions like difference between abstract and interface. They asked questions like difference between final, finally and finalize method. Then gave me a programming task where in they asked me to print the elements of set1 50% more number of times than the set2.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

2 part interview. One was technical, one was behavioral. Technical was some basic java questions, like keywords, inheritence, etc. Behavioral was about experience working with people and how to deal with issues. I didn't get an offer, but overall it was a good experience. Interviewers were friendly and communication was clear.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different uses of the keyword "static"?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Intern Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Was during the career fair. Just did the line and waited for my turn.

Interview Questions
    • If you are doing a call by ajax. how do you handle any error ?   Answer Question
    I'm still under negotiation, but they held a really good offer.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

Met with a HR Recruiter at a Job fair for my college and had a fantastic conversation. I was told that I would receive a phone call within two weeks. Got my phone call, scheduled a one hour phone interview; the first half was behavioral and the second was technical. During the technical interview I was asked any specific coding questions, but rather to follow and answer questions as the interviewer built up a larger software idea.

Interview Questions
    • The entire behavioral interview was rather difficult as I have had very interviews like it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

I initially applied online, but spoke with them at a career fair. Soon after I heard back from a recruiter, who scheduled an on campus interview. I actually accidentally missed the interview, emailed my recruiter apologizing profusely, and she set up a phone interview to replace it. My interviewers asked similar questions to the posts here- abstract classes vs. interfaces, the different scoping keywords in java, unit testing- From what my interviewers told me, they're not necessarily looking for the absolutely correct answer, but mainly that you at least have a general understanding. The interviews are half behavioral, half technical, so expect to be asked about projects and such from your resume. He asked why I wanted to work at Intuit, and other standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • The abstract class question was posed differently- he said something along the lines of "Suppose you have an interface in which certain aspects of the implementation could be defined and those would carry over to classes implementing it- when do you think that would be useful?" ."   View Answer
    The pay rate was pretty decent- I was hoping for a bit more. My recruiter told me they generally pay between $25-$30 depending on experience, and they offered be $27/hr. If I was going to negotiate, the right time to do so would be during the phone call with the recruiter when she asks you about pay requirements. I didn't know about their bracket during that call- if I had told her I wanted $30 an hour, I think I would have gotten it.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intuit.

Met them at a campus recruiting event. They were very nice, offered me an interview after I talked to them at their booth. Two 30 minute interviews, one technical, one behavioral. My interviewers were generally pretty pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Some basic algorithm programming questions. Didn't even involve data structures.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intuit.

Took 5 rounds of interviews. 2 in October and 3 in January. the 1st and last were technical with the last one being quite conceptual. All interviews were phone interviews.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in February 2013.

Had on campus interview screening. Liked the hiring process. Asked very basic questions.
    Then was called for an interview. Interview went well. I screwed up in some plcaes but it went well

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of 1000 element, how will you find the element repeated twice in O(n) complexity   View Answer

Intern Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

Two HRs called to setup an interview , interview was simple and straight forward, was asked to code transpose of a matrix and fibonacci, and a couple of questions that tested CS fundamentals

Interview Questions
    • How would you decide to add extra servers to a data center.   Answer Question