Intuit

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

Interview Details Met with a HR Recruiter at a Job fair for my college and had a fantastic conversation. I was told that I would receive a phone call within two weeks. Got my phone call, scheduled a one hour phone interview; the first half was behavioral and the second was technical. During the technical interview I was asked any specific coding questions, but rather to follow and answer questions as the interviewer built up a larger software idea.

Interview Question – The entire behavioral interview was rather difficult as I have had very interviews like it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details Contacted by a recruiter after my resume was forwarded to her by a friend. Technical/behavioral interview was set up two weeks later. The link provided for the webcam interview was a little confusing as was the site to type code. Overall, the behavioral interview was easy, and the technical interview a little more difficult.

Interview Question – I wasn't familiar with most of the data structures, only ArrayLists, but the interviewer asked me a question about LinkedLists.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details I was asked simple questions like difference between abstract and interface. They asked questions like difference between final, finally and finalize method. Then gave me a programming task where in they asked me to print the elements of set1 50% more number of times than the set2.

Interviewed at Intuit

Interview Details 2 part interview. One was technical, one was behavioral. Technical was some basic java questions, like keywords, inheritence, etc. Behavioral was about experience working with people and how to deal with issues. I didn't get an offer, but overall it was a good experience. Interviewers were friendly and communication was clear.

Interview Questions

Intern Software Engineering Interview

Rochester, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intuit in February 2014.

Interview Details Was during the career fair. Just did the line and waited for my turn.

Interview Question – If you are doing a call by ajax. how do you handle any error ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm still under negotiation, but they held a really good offer.

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit in March 2012.

Interview Details It was a very short interview. I think it wasn't any more than thirty minutes. Started out with a few behavioral questions - asked about experience at school and what my biggest mistakes were. Ended with two simple technical questions. Interviewer was very friendly and the process was a ton of fun.

Interview Question – Implement a doubly linked list   Answer Question

Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

Interview Details I initially applied online, but spoke with them at a career fair. Soon after I heard back from a recruiter, who scheduled an on campus interview. I actually accidentally missed the interview, emailed my recruiter apologizing profusely, and she set up a phone interview to replace it. My interviewers asked similar questions to the posts here- abstract classes vs. interfaces, the different scoping keywords in java, unit testing- From what my interviewers told me, they're not necessarily looking for the absolutely correct answer, but mainly that you at least have a general understanding. The interviews are half behavioral, half technical, so expect to be asked about projects and such from your resume. He asked why I wanted to work at Intuit, and other standard questions.

Interview Question – The abstract class question was posed differently- he said something along the lines of "Suppose you have an interface in which certain aspects of the implementation could be defined and those would carry over to classes implementing it- when do you think that would be useful?" ."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay rate was pretty decent- I was hoping for a bit more. My recruiter told me they generally pay between $25-$30 depending on experience, and they offered be $27/hr. If I was going to negotiate, the right time to do so would be during the phone call with the recruiter when she asks you about pay requirements. I didn't know about their bracket during that call- if I had told her I wanted $30 an hour, I think I would have gotten it.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intuit.

Interview Details Met them at a campus recruiting event. They were very nice, offered me an interview after I talked to them at their booth. Two 30 minute interviews, one technical, one behavioral. My interviewers were generally pretty pleasant.

Interview Question – Some basic algorithm programming questions. Didn't even involve data structures.   View Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in October 2012.

Interview Details I first saw Intuit at the Grace Hopper conference in Baltimore. Everyone seemed happy and when I went up to talk to them, I said that I was interested in work-life balance, technical challenges, and hackathons and side projects. The woman I was talking to laughed and said, "well then you'll love Intuit!" I had my behavioral interview then and there, and the next day I had my technical one (and that was kind of intimidating, we went to a high top table and I was given just a few minutes per question). Later, after that part, they called me and had me come back to their booth. The same woman I had originally spoken to ran through a few more behavioral questions, and then invited me to the Intuit mixer later that evening (they invited their interviewees to the mixer at the conference). Later that evening at the mixer, they told me that I got the offer! Everyone was amazingly friendly.

Interview Question – Write a function where, given an index, you return the Fibonacci number at that index.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them my Microsoft offer and benefits, and they matched as closely as possible. They also paid for housing and transportation.

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intuit in February 2013.

Interview Details Had on campus interview screening. Liked the hiring process. Asked very basic questions.
Then was called for an interview. Interview went well. I screwed up in some plcaes but it went well

Interview Question – Given an array of 1000 element, how will you find the element repeated twice in O(n) complexity   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit Videos

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit Software Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees and interview candidates.