Iron Mountain Inc

Very Easy Interview

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in January 2014.

Interview Details Initial telephonic screening by a recruiter.
Telephonic interview with a HR Manager.
Telephonic interview with a panel of managers from their Boston office.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in August 2013.

Interview Details I applied through a Recruiting agency, three days latter i received a call to schedule an onsite interview. The hiring process was easy i had two interviews one with the HR and the other with the Project manager. Two weeks latter i got a job offer for a different position because they believed i would be a better fit for that project

Director of Product Management Interview

Director of Product Management
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview Details Thorough interview process but not unusual for this level and type of company - preliminary phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager, then in person with functional heads including marketing, finance, sales, operations. From start to end the process took about 5 weeks. Major emphasis was on experience working in a matrix management environment and ability to drive change quickly through a large organization.

Interview Question – "Describe how you made a difference in your current employer's product innovation process."   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Business Process Analyst
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2009.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter for this position, which was a new role for the company. The initial phone screen conducted by one of the Senior BA's seemed like they were reading questions from a script - mostly yes or no questions ("Do you have experience with..."). That was followed by a 10 page written questionnaire of the same questions, leading to an in-person interview. The interview was conducted as a group/panel interview, with 6-8 team members dropping out or being added in over the nearly three hours process. After a group questioning, two of the interviewers then conducted a case study session, with three case studies. One of the interviewers admitted that this was a "new process" for them to conduct interviews this way. When it was over, I was escorted to the lobby and not told anything about next steps; it was just "over". Very strange and disorganized process.

Interview Questions

• (Shown only a process map for an existing accounting system, with no additional context). "How would you improve this process?"   Answer Question
  • "What is a process?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operation and Transportation Service Specialist Interview

Operation and Transportation Service Specialist
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview Details Simple 30 minute interview with the branch manager, he was professional and friendly. Applied and took a few days to get hired.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations needed great entry level pay

Business Development Executive Interview

Business Development Executive

Interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc

Interview Details I went through a total of seven separate interviews, before landing the job. Regarding the work culture, there is an opportunity for growth in this area. It leans towards the negative.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a co-worker, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be sure and research the company before going in. It will give you a leg up in the negotiation phase.

Expense Analyst Interview

Expense Analyst
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview Details contacted by a recruiter who first did a phone screening. set up a phone interview with department. had two more in person interviews. did background check and drug test.

Interview Question – why should we hire you out of college?   Answer Question

Fulfillment Specialist Interview

Fulfillment Specialist
Austell, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in August 2013.

Interview Details I did not interview for this job. I am a temp. But I hope I get the opportunity to interview one day. I hope the interview goes just as well as my first day as a temp. I would hope, I would know my peers and be comfortable enough to have a very pleasant interview experience

Interview Question – Once again, I did not have to interview for this position, I work for a Temp service. The temp service called asked me to do a background check and drug test. The results of both came back and I went to work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The temp service already gets its cut so really nothing to negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview Details Initial favorable contact and screening was at a job fair with head of HR for the region at that time. Quickly received instructions to complete a PI Predictive Index test. Then was scheduled for interview with hiring manager and interview with the VP was set up at the end of that interview. Both people doing the interviewing were forthcoming and amiable. Actually had one of the most enjoyable interviews of my life with the VP who was engaging, honest and fun as he reviewed the PI results with me. I received a job offer within a few days. I do know that the current method of interviewing is much more involved with many levels of the organization and over many different interview days. Definitely a much slower process and with many internal people participating.

Interview Question – I was asked why I no longer managed a staff of people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The hiring manager was explained that the budget was very tight but that a 10% bonus was customary.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Denver, CO (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview Details It was a long time ago, but the interview process was conducted by a very experienced person who was able to see qualities in candidates that went far beyond what looked good on paper.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years with this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Starting salary was non-negotiable. Same across the board for everyone.