J.P. Morgan Applications Developer Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.8

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Got invited to on campus interview. The interview lasted 45 minutes, including a brief introduction of the program, discussion about project experience and easy code questions. After that they brought me to an onsite panel interview. There were 3 rounds of interviews. Mostly focusing on projects, plus some of the knowledge based programming questions. Not very hard.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website, they send me an email two days later to arrange an interview. I had a phone interview with two people from the software team which took about an hour. It was full of technical questions, I thought it went well.
    I didn't hear them for one month; after I requested for feedback, they said that they wanted more specific answer for Java collections. They asked about the implementation of HashMap in Java but I couldn't clearly answered that one.

Interview Questions

• SDLC, Java Collections, OOP principles, TDD-BDD, no behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tallahassee, FL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews, the first one just trying to get to know me, the 2nd one some behavioral and technical questions. They want you to be yourself in the interview, that is what the interviewer told me when I asked what his biggest piece of advice was.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for a summer internship as a junior year student. Applied online and was immediately required to complete two sets of basic online tests (Simple information processing/math on some charts, and cognitive test that you are required to find the next image based on a sequence of images) to complete the application.

Got an email within a week for a phone screening. The phone screening was completely non-technical, including questions such as Why JP Morgan and things about my past experience.

After another week I was asked to complete a online Java 6 tests (standard for financial industry I believe) that includes things from basic Java knowledge to Swing and other package specific questions. At the same time I was invited to Assessment Center.

Assessment Center includes one group discussion + presentation and two interviews. You are given a few emails, articles and other information about a project, and the group is supposed to prepare for 40 minutes, and give a 15 minute presentation + 20 minute Q&A with the assessors.

One interview was with senior engineer and one was with a manager. Again, no technical questions were involved. Things asked included my past projects, and other behavioral questions such as "when did you get into a problem that you could have avoided".

Got back to me in 2 days for an offer, but with only a week to consider.

Interview Questions

Only a week to consider the offer, too early as I was still waiting for other companies.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Baltimore, MD (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I met them at my school career fair. I got an interview two weeks after. There were two hiring managers that were going to interview me consecutively. They said they would get back in a week or two time

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a pass by Variable and Pass by reference   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bloomington, IN (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I chatted with them at a career fair and got a next day interview. During that interview, I spoke with two people. The first was a more technically-oriented interview. The guy asked me about past development experience and a few questions about object-oriented programming. The second one was more of an HR type of thing.

Interview Questions

• "What is a static variable?" Should be simple for you studious ones, but I actually couldn't remember precisely what the definition was because I hadn't written any code involving static variables.

"Why shouldn't I hire you?" Now here's a head-scratcher, haha. I said, "Because I'm brand new and have very little experience." Fair enough.

Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was consist of the below rounds.
    1 Telephonic Round based on core java concepts like Threading , Collection and some Design Pattern related
    2 Face to Face Round which mainly includes testing your programming skills
    1 Manager Round(Tech plus Managerial)
    1 HR round

Interview Questions

• 1) related to DS
      2) Programming skills based on String Questions
      3) 2-3 Puzzles
      4) solve real life scenario problem

Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend, received phone interview two days letter, and then interviewed at JP Morgan for 3 and half hours with 4 people one week later. At first, I thought the interview to be a OO focused one, so I prepared a lot for OO design question since the team used SmallTalk as the programming tool. It turned out the question is more focused on what I have learnt in maths and finance, not too much OO.

Interview Questions

• Met 4 different levels and groups of people. Each person focused on different aspects. Derive BS PDE, some probability questions, design parking lot and their daily management process (I don't quite understand what he really wanted, so I was struggled with this question), some financial derivative questions like yield curve and pricing bond.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

HR sets up an Interview with the Manager, after that I had three technical Interviews on Phone. Once all interviews are cleared final processing of recruitment done by Business before finalizing on the offer

Interview Questions

• How do you execute thread pool   1 Answer