J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions

Updated 1 Jul 2014
Updated 1 Jul 2014

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

Was offered another position at another firm

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

Associate Interview

I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Very detailed and gradual interview process

other opportunities

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

The process was a traditional MBA school process.

Associate Interview

Very behavioral interview. Networking before interview was absolutely the key to get the job. They want to know you are able to sell yourself in ways beyond just interview. The whole networking process is really just part of an extended interview process. It also can be important to ask for the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell an investor to allocate their portfolio   Answer Question

Took other job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question
    They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Got a call from HR about the position and my interest. HR scheduled the first telephonic discussion with the technical panel. Next day HR called that I have cleared the first round and I will need to come down to their office in Mumbai for further discussions. Attended 3 more rounds 1 technical & 2 were high level (with VPs). Same day HR discussion happened and my salary expectation & other aspirations were noted by the HR. While leaving HR told me that there would be one more final technical discussion with the US counterpart (VP). After 3 days got the call from HR about the US round. It was a pure technical round and I would say toughest among all, for around 1. hours. After 3 days HR called me that feedback is positive and we will offer you. After that day I didn't receive any call from HR then I called them (luckily I had HRs mobile no), he told me that approvals are in progress and will take some time. I waited for one more week but no response. Next week I called the HR again and they told me that same story. Same thing happened again and I waited for 2 weeks this time. I called the HR and he said that the position I was interviewed is went on hold but they will offer me and are looking for approvals for some other position in the same dept. I waited for more than 3 weeks and called him again and got the same response , finally after some days got the call from HR , he apologize for the delay and justified the delay. He asked me about my expectation and I quoted the figure. Next week I got the LOI finally. They offered me what I asked so no negotiation. :)

Interview Questions
    • Technical discussions were little high level and were above avg.   Answer Question
    They offered me what I asked so no negotiation.

Associate Interview

Was perviosly part of Bear Stearns and merged with JPM. Not much of official interview

No negotiation