J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 19 Aug 2014

3.1

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer
I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was referred by a current employee, two rounds of interviews, one with the manager and the other with director. Standard behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, was more or less a conversation with both interviewers.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Had to interview with 6 people before reaching the point of being offered a position. The process was long and exceptionally draining having it include 4 interview sessions ranging from 30 minutes (one) to 5 hours with a tremendous amount of redundancy in the questions and answers. I was interviewing in parallel with 3 other companies, my life was interviewing 12 hours 3 days in a row. Hiring process was ridiculously slow. From offer to start was over a month because even though I was "rushed through" they didn't get my drug screen results and took 10 days to contact me to even verify I had taken them, which I did the first day I could.

Interview Questions
    • Who are the other companies you are interviewing and how much money are they offering you?   View Answer
    Simple, but inappropriate. I was made an offer based on knowing what the competition was offering, not what my value is.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

women in tech event submitted resume

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

It was a 4 step interview process. The first step was just a general round of Q&A about myself and my previous experience. The second and third rounds were the fun part where I had to explain about my previous roles and case scenarios which I would have to face in future as a part of my role for JPMC. the Final step was the HR round where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

I had to decline a wonderful offer because of personal reasons

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Hiring happens usually through a placement agency. Shortlisted candidates are interviewed over the phone. Usually there are four phone interviews prior to hiring, followed by a day or two of in person interviews. Phone interviews are screening processes to eliminate the bad apples. First interview is usually by a junior analyst followed by senior BA and then a VP.

Interview Questions
    • Site a mistake you made in your previous job and how you did you overcome it.   View Answer
    Negotiation was made by the middle man who was the placement agency.

Business Analyst Interview

Basic interview questions. Had 3 phone interviews then never heard back from them. Followed up with HR person, but he never responded back.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Applied through campus and process took 3+ weeks in total with 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Current Events question- Why did the 2008 crisis happened?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Career center at school. "Canned" interview. 1st behavioral questions. Tell me a situation youwould have changed your reaction or response. 2nd interview technical. Software development life cycle.

No negotiations. Intern . Accepted and recieved a bonus to start.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Recruiter set me up with this interview. I was supposed to come in and meet with 4 different people. Only 2 people of the 4 showed up that day. The questions were not hard at all and I remember my first impression to be that this team is very laid back and possibly a bit unstructured. At that time, it was what I thought I wanted coming from a very structured and strict team.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult at all. But I don't think this reflects the nature of all interviews at Chase. Just this particular team/group.   Answer Question
    It wasn't difficult. The recruiter negotiated for me and I got what I asked for.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!