J.P. Morgan

2,071 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Sydney

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Question – what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Summer Intern Interview

Sydney

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Question – How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Melbourne

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Interview Details interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Interview Question – why investment banking   View Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details Pretty easy recruitment process:
1 hour telephonic interview followed by 2 hours of in person

Interview Question – What problem you face when Java string is being immutable and you copy a line of a file into a String variable for a huge file   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Client Service Specialist Intern Interview

Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied on their career website and received a phone call to do a first round interview in about 2-3 weeks. They give you a weeks to schedule an interview with them over the phone, then you have a first round interview/screen with them. Brief description of the positions, what they are looking for, and what to expect during the internship. Interview was pretty easy, some behavioral question and 1 technical question. They let you know whether or not you go on to the second rounds from there and want you to go to there main campus or location of the position for a second round with there hiring manager in about 2 weeks time frame from the first interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self.
A time you faced a challenge in writing a paper.
What are your intentions to gain from the internship
  Answer Question

Operations Analyst Intern Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Interview Details 1) Language & Math test online. Practice tests given on the same site were very useful. Couldn't finish a few math questions; still made it to next round. 2) Impromptu 30-min phone interview; generic competency questions. Passed. 3) Assessment Centre. Total of 3 x interviews + 1 x case study.

a. Motivational interview b. You're given material for an Operations case study. Whoever you read/discuss these materials with in that room *won't* be your actual group later. Each member is given special additional information - won't be told what it is; you'll have to compare notes with the eventual group. Total reading time for materials is 1 x ~30min + 1 x 10min session. c. Interview with Operations VP (or equivalent). Knowledge about Finance industry; knowledge about Operations; personality-related questions to assess fit. d. Group brainstorming on how to solve the case study, whilst monitored by manager(s). Expected to come up with prioritisation of solution + answer on paper & submitted as a group. e. Final interview with one of the managers who sat in earlier; supposedly as a presentation of the group's proposed solution - & whether you'd change anything. Assessing teamwork & performance, & what you think about it.

Interview Question – Can't remember specifics; something along the lines of: "You're given $2000 to help a non-profit organisation reach out to new sponsors, with the aim of reaching $20,000. What would you do?"   Answer Question

Tech Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details Questions about previous work/project. One technical question and a group exercise during the assessment centre.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview Details 1, Email confirmation
2,Telephone interview
3,On-site Vedio interview, with direct manager
4,On-site Vedio interview, with two executive directors in the team
5,interview with managing director in the team
6,Got an offer

Interview Question – Brain teasers.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details I had an initial interview for about 10 minutes then they said I passed it then they will refer me to thr HR Dept. and wait for their call the following day.

Interview Question – Why do you want to relocate and seek opportunities with JPMorgan?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by J.P. Morgan about an interview for the Summer Analyst position, and the interview took place on my college campus. It was largely behavioral, with a few questions about programming projects that I had done in the past. We also talked about past job experiences. Overall, it was fairly easy and straightforward. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Just make sure you know your resume.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan interview questions and advice. All 2,071 interview reviews are posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.