J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,286 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
    1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
    2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
    3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

3 steps - HR and one technical and another from Manager - the question is generic and not that hard in overall. They try to access your thinking - your idea more

Interview Questions
    • How long when you work in the office that you think it is long?   View Answer

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
    Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Questions
    • How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
    the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
    there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
    the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I applied for the opening through LinkedIn and got a call from the Hiring team. The hiring team member was asking about the role and duties that I carry out in my current organization, expected and current CTC and some basic information required.

The hiring team representative then explained the further interview process- venue, date and timing on which I should appear for the interview. It was mentioned that it would be a F-to-F interview with the Manager technology on my skill set and few more details that would help them to decide further. I asked if I need to brush any concepts in specific for the round, but it was mentioned that the questions will be on the acquired skill set and not much from outside.

Interview day: My interview timing was at 3PM. The manager technology came all the way down from the top floor to take me as I will not be allowed without an ID check. We had a casual talk about the ID check process and the manager offered me if I may need a cup of water or coffee to grab before the interview starts ;) This was quite impressive as my previous organization (Sapient Corporation) is very much known for it's open culture! I felt the same culture there as well.

Interview questions:

1. Give a summary of your resume.
    2. Tel about your current project
    3. Which is the difficult situation that you have faced as a QA analyst and how did you overcome
    4. Who is a Business Analyst (Since I was more into a profile where there is a lot of interaction between me, QA Lead and BA)
    5. What are your soft skills

Few more questions which were fully from my resume. It was the core base on which the whole interview was revolving. After a 45 min of interview, I was interviewed by a senior HR manager (along with the manager tech of previous round) who was asking about the following:

1. Expected CTC
    2. Salary breakage in current org (I was not much clear of it as I thought i may get sometime before the HR type of questions. It is better to be clear on what type of package is provided in your current office- fixed or variable, how much is your expected breakage, how much was ur compensation, etc.)
    3. any questions for us?

At the end, the HR said- on seeing the experience and the type of the work you have delivered, we are offering you a more of BA role that a QA analyst role. That made my day!

As a whole the interview was so interactive and it was not like they were up to the question and nothing here-there. The interviewers were very casual and just wanted to know how exactly we present ourselves, how is our thought process, what is our expectations and how confident are we.

I received my letter of intent after 1 week and I have been provided exactly what I asked for :) Sad part is, by that time I got a compensation hike in my company and could not negotiate much further. Beside all, the role which has been provided for me is Business Process Analyst and I am really happy for the role, since I have been trying more for BA role that QA analyst role though they had openings for both.

And I hear very good reviews on the company and about the onsite opportunities that is offered. Looking forward to join the organization to provide my best.

Wishing you all the best!

Interview Questions
    • Salary break down of my current company, what is expected from JPMC in contrast, any questions for us?   Answer Question
    Cool. I have been provided exactly what I asked for :) Sad part is, by that time I received my offer, I got a compensation hike in my company and could not negotiate much further.

Advice: Prepare and be clear about your expected CTC. More importantly, be realistic.

Audit Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Interview during august for their Audit Analyst Program. Interviewers were very unorganized, at first I was told I was being interviewed for their Financial Analyst Program. However, once I got to the interview I was told I was now being interviewed for another program. The interviewers were fairly nice, gave an overview of the program followed by a 30 minutes interview of mainly Behavioral questions.

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

We had a telephone interview that was technical. This was followed by 3 rounds of personal interview. The interviews were trying to access my technical skills and also to see if I would gel in the environment. The interviewer also explained the project and asked if I could handle it without issues.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for JP Morgan Chase.   View Answer
    Ask them to allot you a working place in the office and also to convert you to full time employee after 1 year

Telephone Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

applied online and get the response 2 weeks after applying. The interview process was quick and easy to go thru. The first contact was in the email and phone interview than face to face with 3 different people

Interview Questions
    • all the questions was tell about a time you did this, or that   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

telephonic interview took place as the first step. Every thing from from core java to spring was asked. the interview went on for more than 1 hour . The feedback was good but the interviewer somehwere expected a expert in SQL

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!