J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
    1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
    2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
    3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

3 steps - HR and one technical and another from Manager - the question is generic and not that hard in overall. They try to access your thinking - your idea more

Interview Questions
    • How long when you work in the office that you think it is long?   View Answer

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
    Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Questions
    • How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
    the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
    there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
    the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

The hiring manager was really nice but didn't seen to have many questions to ask, it was a 15 minute interview if I didn't have my own questions. After going through some basic interview questions I was told that u would hear back shortly about a follow up interview next week, they even said they will be happy to work with my current job's schedule to make it happen. Over a month goes by hearing nothing to the receive an automated message that the position was filled. Found it highly unprofessional since I sent a thank you note, and an email asking for an update as I didn't her back when they said I should. Overall seemed like dull environment, so things worked in my favor.

Interview Questions
    • (They really had no difficult questions, so this is a stretch to say it was difficult) why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Private Bank Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I found out about the opportunity at a job fair and submitted my resume through a recruiter. The process as far as feedback was slow. From start to offer was almost four months. My process was a bit more unorthodox as I did not go through the campus recruiting. Additionally, I interviewed at three different offices in the area before a position opened. I went on a total of five interviews. I had a phone interview (screening interview) with an HR representative. I also had 1:1 interviews with two managing directors and two executive directors. Additionally, after the third interview I was able to meet with two of the current analysts at the location.

Interview Questions
    • This position was a career change for me so most of my questions revolved on WHY I wanted the position. What interested me about wealth management? Why JP Morgan? What am I doing currently to follow the markets? Only had a few "technical" questions: Where do you see the markets going in 2014? What are you currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the offer was what I expected/wanted. I felt the offer was in line with what I had seen others receive for the same position.

Commercial Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

There is a two panel interview. It includes the branch manager, and the assistant manager. They ask a series of prescript-ed questions about past history, previous work scenarios, and similarities in past jobs with the current role being sought. After the questions and a review of the resume, the potential employee is taken on a tour of the branch.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were straight forward and not difficult.   Answer Question
    Figures were thrown out, and an offer was made, and I accepted.

Technology Analyst Interview

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

The application process includes online application, a on-line aptitude test, a phone interview and then on-site assessment center. The assessment center I went was held in a Saturday morning in their London office. The assessment center has a group discussion, a face-to-face interview regarding general personality and two technical ones.

Applications Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Since I was in India, all 3 interviews were on phone. They asked about core java, collections, multithreading, jms messaging. The interviewer were friendly and gave few hints. There were few database SQL queries too.

I didn't negotiate

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!