J.P. Morgan

2,083 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Sydney

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Question – what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Summer Intern Interview

Sydney

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Question – How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Melbourne

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Interview Details interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Interview Question – why investment banking   View Answer

Senior Statistical Associate, Assistant Vice President Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details One phone interview followed by a on-site interview. The phone interview was from the hiring manager, and she is very nice. I was asked a few technical questions such as concepts in linear regressions and logistic regression. The on-site interview has 6 interviewers, including 4 vps from this group 1 vp from outside the group and the head of the group -- a senior VP. Not many techinical questions during the interview, but they did ask two questions very frequently: (i) Why Chase? (ii) Will you go back to school for a PHD degree?

Interview Question – There was one techinical question which was hard for me. I was asked to explain one of the following models without using any techinical words even "distribution". The models are (i) ARMA model (ii) MCMC (iii) PCA. I chose MCMC, but didn't do a very good job. I have to use those technical jargons to explain it.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Sayville, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details "Round Robin" was interviewed by 3 different upper managers then sent to speak with Branch Manager

Interview Question – roll playing an example of a "what if" senerio   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

PB - Banking Applications Support Analyst Interview

Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details I received a first interview (personality screening, soft skills, background, questions on the company, financial products, implication of JP Morgan in the Financial Crisis, etc.) with a Support Analyst from the team that was hiring. A few weeks later I asked for feedback on the interview and only received an answer 3 months later. They officially opened the interview process and I was referred to the Applications Support Manager who scheduled a second soft skill interview. Then a third interview was schedulled (hard skills, structured query language testing, etc).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied for the position in February 27th. There was a skills test that needed to be completed. I received an email inviting me to come on site to interview as well as a virtual video interview. One on one interview had mostly situational questions (e.g "How do you handle a difficult customer") If you made a good impression on the first interviewer, then you were interviewed by a team leader/manager.

Interview Question – What is the most important goal that you would like to complete or achieve.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Associate Interview

Monroe, LA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview Details I was hired on under the now defunct Chase Works Associate program and I had my interview during a job fair. It was fairly straightforward, I brought a couple of copies of my resume and filled out a very general application. I then waited in line and had my interview with one hiring agent, who might have been a headhunter.

Interview Question – The interview was exceptionally dumbed down and I honestly expected there to be more detailed questions. I ended up asking more questions about the company's core values with regards to GLBT and volunteerism.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through my school's website. This is JP Morgan's first time having this intern position open and it's only for sophomores in college. I had two people interviewing me at the same time and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interview was all behavioral questions and not much of a conversation.

Interview Question – What was your biggest regret? Why did you choose the University you are attending today.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details Pretty easy recruitment process:
1 hour telephonic interview followed by 2 hours of in person

Interview Question – What problem you face when Java string is being immutable and you copy a line of a file into a String variable for a huge file   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan interview questions and advice. All 2,083 interview reviews are posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.