J.P. Morgan

2,695 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
    1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
    2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
    3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

3 steps - HR and one technical and another from Manager - the question is generic and not that hard in overall. They try to access your thinking - your idea more

Interview Questions
    • How long when you work in the office that you think it is long?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
    Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Questions
    • How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
    the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
    there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
    the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online, scheduled a phone interview, and had my first-round interview with two employees working at the Syracuse University Lyman Hall office. Personally, they were very rude and fake when they were talking with me. I feel like their answers were forced and they were not genuine at all.

Applications Developer Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The worse interview process I have ever come across. The interview was scheduled on saturday morning at 10am; I reached on time; the 1st round which was suppose to be face 2 face interview turned out to be telephonic round and for that I had to wait for 3 and 1/2 hour. The question difficulty was average. There is no sign of any feedback from them after 4 days. If you have patience and energy to waste time you can choose to attend interviews at JP Morgan.

Interview Questions
    • Java Fundamentals, Strings and character array, class immutability, multithreading, collections   View Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The gentleman was very polite, after a bit of chit chat he asked a few technical questions and a few behavioral questions. There is a second part to the interview with a different representative who was unable to make it and so there will be a phone interview, basically going over the same types of questions to avoid bias in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between passing a variable by Reference and by Value?   View Answer
    • When would you choose to use By Reference or by Value?   View Answer
    • What is a group by in SQL?   View Answer
    • Name a time where you had to switch up your personal preference for another team member?   Answer Question
    • What personalities would you like to see in a group?   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through university career services. Made initial resume screening cut and then had two 30-min phone interviews (back-to-back). Positive experience, and both interviewers were polite and fair.

Heard back one week later that I had been offered a position in the program.

Interview Questions
    • A bat and a ball cost $2.50 together. The bat costs one dollar more than the ball. How much do each cost?   View Answer
    Chose not to negotiate. Great compensation for internship.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The process was pretty clear cut. A phone screening that covered fit/behavioral questions to see if there is a fit. Then, JPM flew me out to a superday. At the office, I went through a series of interviews that was mostly behavioral, but with technical intertwined within each question. For instance, if one of your answers talks about stocks, they will dive deeper to see if you actually know about stocks and bonds. Pretty clear cut.

Interview Questions
    • What's something going on the market and how has that affected JPM?   Answer Question