J.P. Morgan

2,458 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
    1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
    2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
    3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

3 steps - HR and one technical and another from Manager - the question is generic and not that hard in overall. They try to access your thinking - your idea more

Interview Questions
    • How long when you work in the office that you think it is long?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
    Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Questions
    • How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
    the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
    there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
    the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Started the process through my university's career services center. Was contacted via email that I was selected for a first round interview. It was half an hour and consisted of behavioral STAR questions and what I knew about the firm. About a week later I received another email stating that I had been selected for their "Super Day" which would take place the next day. It was 4 hours long, consisting of 2 behavioral interviews with mid- and higher-level managers. The final exercise was a timed group (there were 9 other applicants with me) problem statement that we had to figure out and present to both of the recruiters and the personnel that conducted the behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult: The group problem statement.

Unexpected: What is the difference between traditional and wholesale commodities that we trade in?
        View Answer
    No negotiation. 2 weeks to respond. Hiring upon successful completion of drug test, fingerprinting, background check. Pretty standard for the industry.

Risk Analyst Interview

Applied online and was called to arrange a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was with HR who did not know much about the position but wanted to know my motivation for applying. I was called 2 days later to say I had been invited to a face-to-face interview. Met with manager and 2 associates. Was asked to talk through my CV, explain my motivation for applying, competency questions.

Banker Associate Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a super day. Super day lasted for about 4 hours of thirty minutes a piece with groups of two or three. Mostly behavioral questions about why you want to work at JPMorgan and understanding of financial markets.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced adversity and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Received a call from HR for a brief telephone interview. A few days later got a call from an Asst. Branch Manager to come into branch for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by the Branch Manager and Asst. Branch Manager. Typical behavioral questions asked during interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer and how did you deal with him/her?   Answer Question

IBD Summer Interview

Online application followed directly by the invitation to the London Assessment Centre. Totally 12 people there. The process consisted in a role-play and 2 competency based interviews. Role-plaY: 45 min preparation and 20 min exposition in a 1-to-1 interview with a Vice President. The interview were focused on motivation and situations, but some technicality may still occur. A know that only a person got the offer, and that there were no additional rounds.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself in 3 words? Give me 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question