J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Summer Technology Analyst
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Interview Details Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Question – Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Applications Support Analyst

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details 3 steps - HR and one technical and another from Manager - the question is generic and not that hard in overall. They try to access your thinking - your idea more

Interview Question – How long when you work in the office that you think it is long?   View Answer

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Equity Derivatives Trade Support
Sydney

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Question – what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Sydney

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Question – How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Melbourne

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Interview Details interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Interview Question – why investment banking   View Answer

PB Interview

PB

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details very very easy, asked abt my exp, other behavi=iuoral skills and some questions about markets, about my family, questions about my projects, why jpmorgan, why pb, portfolio questions, about asset allocation, data mining, coding questions in matlab, vba, r, crazy math questions

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Senior Relationship Manager
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was fairly easy; just the typical questions from the direct manager, actually he did most of the talking. In my case, I did not have to interview with the next level of management, but that is typically the requirement.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Chase? Do some research on the company; it does have a very interesting history.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Newark, DE (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied through Schools website, then also submitted application through JP's website. Was contacted for an initial phone interview which took approximately 30 minutes. The phone interview was more of a screening call to see if I knew what the job responsibilities were, what my experience was, if I was well spoken over the phone, etc. Following that, I came in to the office to do an on site interview, which consisted of 2 rounds of 2 people each. This was very experience based line of questions as well as how I would interact with clients. Received the offer the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, I got what I got.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Question – How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details I had 2 interviews that were 30 minutes each. Both were fit questions where I talked about myself. The interviewers were MDs in the firm and were really nice. They were funny during the interview. They never asked any unusual questions or questions that would cause me to fidget and squirm.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you struggled.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation as I was going an analyst program.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!