J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,355 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
    1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
    2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
    3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

3 steps - HR and one technical and another from Manager - the question is generic and not that hard in overall. They try to access your thinking - your idea more

Interview Questions
    • How long when you work in the office that you think it is long?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
    Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Questions
    • How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
    the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
    there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
    the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Summer Analyst, Investor Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Apply online through the career website. If shortlisted,
    Round 1: 2 30 minute interviews... not immediately back to back. 30 minutes break in between
    If successful, Round 2: 2 30 minute interviews followed by a group discussion
    All interviewers were very friendly, supportive... helped to structure the answer and not trying to put you under stress. If not clear about an answer, they will ask you if you want to come back to it later.
    Interviewers keep taking notes about what you say.

Interview Questions
    • Each interviewer has a questionnaire.. competency, logical reasoning, personal ability based questions. They choose what they want to ask. Usually ask one from each section and if time permits go back to the remaining question in any section.
      Some questions asked - Number of people who set foot in the rome colloseum on an average in a day in august; number of people entering city of london each morning on an average

Lot of focus on ethics; ability to handle stress - all situation based questions
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

It was very casual and was a very long time ago. I do not remember much about the interview. It started off with a phone conversation with the human resources department. I also met with a project manager and a couple developers before being offered the job. Very conversational interview.

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was on campus and just behavioral questions. They just want a feel for you. You get asked the basic questions such as tell me about yourself and why J.P Morgan

Sales & Trading Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I was interviewed by 3 traders on the same day, to see what I knew about the role and about the markets (no details required, just a general test of knowledge). They put a little pressure on the interview (super serious and quick questions, one after the other). After 1 week, I was interviewed by the head trader and there were no tricky questions but it was more about trying to get to know me.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied through school recruiting site, received interview invitation couple days after submitting resume, I had enough time to prepare for interview. I felt the recruiting process goes really fast (resume-interview invitation-interview)

Interview Questions
    • interviewer asked me something very technical in regards to internal control   View Answer