J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,375 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
    1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
    2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
    3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

3 steps - HR and one technical and another from Manager - the question is generic and not that hard in overall. They try to access your thinking - your idea more

Interview Questions
    • How long when you work in the office that you think it is long?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
    Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Questions
    • How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
    the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
    there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
    the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Three interviews over the phone (HR, hiring manager, and their manager). No technical questions. No onsite visit. It was quite long process. They did not make an attempt to learn about my skills/experience, as if I was needed as a number. One of the interviewers was talking for 30 minutes or so until I literally intervened.

The offer was below my expectations. Uncertainty about the group and the work.

Winning Women Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First round phone interview by an alumni who's first year analyst at the firm. 15min of answering questions and 15min of me asking questions. Not too challenging but just need very convincing answers to all basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, what skills do you have for banking   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

The interview was the first-round phone interview for the accelerated program Winning Women. I got the interview from the on-campus recruiting without networking with anyone. The interviewer was an analyst and was very nice. Mostly behavioral questions about what I wrote on resume, with a little insights on markets.

Interview Questions
    • As your past experience was not in the United States, how do you follow the market when you come back? Would you like to talk about what is happening in an industry you are familiar with? Or anything you want to talk about the market.
      Could you describe what you have learned from your past internship experience? And what leads you to what you are applying for now?
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied through school recruiting site, received interview invitation couple days after submitting resume, I had enough time to prepare for interview. I felt the recruiting process goes really fast (resume-interview invitation-interview)

Interview Questions
    • interviewer asked me something very technical in regards to internal control   View Answer

Human Resources Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I've meet 5 people. 1st round 2 people from HR, 2nd round 2 people from Finance team, last round head of HR. Process took 3 weeks. Little bit stressing, but each time people were very cordial. and drive you trough the next step.

Interview Questions
    • Wih Finance team, lot of technical question, but nothing exceptional.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible