J.P. Morgan

2,432 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Standard online application.

Phone Interview: Why J.P Morgan? Behavioural questions. Extracurricular Activities and side projects.

Assessment Centre:
    1. Group interview involved presenting a recommendation of two technical solutions. 15min individual reading time, 40min group planning, 10min presentation.
    2. One-on-one interview about group task and what you would do differently next time.
    3. One-on-one technical/behavioural/teamwork questions.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview: Project recommendation presentation favours great communicators.   View Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

3 steps - HR and one technical and another from Manager - the question is generic and not that hard in overall. They try to access your thinking - your idea more

Interview Questions
    • How long when you work in the office that you think it is long?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Very prompt and efficient in their responses in the lead up to the interview. Helpful in answering questions about the process before and after the interview.
    Interview was well conducted and professional with the classic questions asked (split up between technical and "fit"). Nothing out of left field but was asked a few topical things (how would you value Groupon? Any social network?).

Interview Questions
    • How would you value Groupon or any other social network?   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

interview process involved 5 senior professionals: four executive directors and one vice president
    the process focused on two elements: 1) career path and 2) acquired skill set
    there was no quant test per se but knowledge was tested through detailed explanation of past experience
    the process was extremely friendly with no pressure

Equity Derivatives Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Normal graduate process, online test, phone interview, assessment centre, offer

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between managment and leadership   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Started the process through my university's career services center. Was contacted via email that I was selected for a first round interview. It was half an hour and consisted of behavioral STAR questions and what I knew about the firm. About a week later I received another email stating that I had been selected for their "Super Day" which would take place the next day. It was 4 hours long, consisting of 2 behavioral interviews with mid- and higher-level managers. The final exercise was a timed group (there were 9 other applicants with me) problem statement that we had to figure out and present to both of the recruiters and the personnel that conducted the behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult: The group problem statement.

Unexpected: What is the difference between traditional and wholesale commodities that we trade in?
        View Answer
    No negotiation. 2 weeks to respond. Hiring upon successful completion of drug test, fingerprinting, background check. Pretty standard for the industry.

Investment Management Interview

Applied through winning women program- phone screening then two interviews on location. they rotated me through different rooms. Interviews could be with one or two adults. The had a guided rubric of questions to ask you and scored you on the sheet 1 - 5

Interview Questions
    • What is the stock price of JPM right now? tell us about something you have been following in the markets   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Interview Interview

Accelerated process for minority. Great firm. Great people who are sincere and down to earth. Everyone is willing to help and very intelligent. Super day in early November. Interview questions mostly market-based, as I am interviewing for Sales and Trading. there are a few brain teasers, but not that hard.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch me an international stock that is outside US and China   Answer Question

Financial Control Analyst Interview

First round it was a short phone interview, very basic background questions. Then second round, it was onsite interview with 3 interviewers, one by one. The questions asked by different interviewers were similar, no big difference. Such as why JP, why this position, your 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses, your short-term and long-term goals.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, very basic questions including some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Program Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I got the first round interview through a career fair at a NABA conference and was able to make it to the 2nd round. They both consisted of two 30 minutes interviews with different interviewers each. They were all very nice and i wanna say the interviews were somewhat easygoing. They usually follow a script; have a set of questions they're suppose to ask you. Make sure you know why you're applying for the program and the company.

Interview Questions
    • How have you been able to enhance a process using excel for financial analysis purposes?   View Answer