J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

34 interviews

3.5

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

2 / 3 rounds phone interview each round 2 - 3 analysts / associates; then final VC interview with 3 directors / VPs
usually 15/20 min of behavioral + 15/20 min of tech (standard corp fin / accounting questions)
most of them are very nice + busy so they won't bother you with crazy questions

Interview Questions
  • answer a tech question in another language. not prepared for that   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Applied online and received phone interview after 3 weeks

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process is fairly "easy" and quick if you are being recruited on campus. Screening takes a while though if you apply online. Definitely make use of on campus recruiting if they come to your school

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly behavioral for the preliminary interview. Basically know your resume REALLY well, and if you say you know a certain software program, make sure you can back it up.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Very straight forward and to the point. For the right person, this can be a great place to work. I did not go further on in the interview process. If I had another opportunity I would highly pursue the amazing professional affiliates of JPMorgan.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Applied online and had an assessment centre day in their London office. It went almost perfectly but because they're the best you have to be perfect. I was let down by my performance in the Group Discussion despite the other areas scoring very highly.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interviewed for a Summer Analyst Position in the SF Office. Two phone screens and a superday with 4 interviews. Interviewers were mainly associates and a VP. Consisted mostly of technical questions and a few fit. A couple brain teasers as well

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

The interview was both personal and technical. The questions focused on technical financial questions, and we were required to demonstrate basic financial competence. The interview was a panel of three employees of the firm. One was a managing director, one was an associate, and one was an analyst. They represented different industries.

Interview Questions
    • What animal is most representative of you and your personality?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

It was a on campus screening interview with an MD alumni, he was really nice a like to listen to what I am really good at, at end, he couldn't offer to refer me due to the different department reason, however, after 30 mins chatting with me, he helped me narrow the area that fit me the most--Asset Management. It was great and extremely helpful.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Online tests, accessement center. and two another round by MD and VPS

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Applied online and had 2 rounds of phone screening. Super day was held in New York. I had 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviewed and was contacted 4 days later for an offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!