J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 27 Mar 2015

3.4

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: 30 mins phone interview -
I interviewed with one of the analysts at the firm. The questions were all technicals: what are valuation methods, run through DCF, WACC, etc, which were fair. However, this was quite surprising because I would expect some more behavioral questions. All in all, a good experience!

Interview Questions

• Run through DCF, valuation methods, Beta, Time Value Money concept.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Received invitation to 1st round via email. Had telephone interview with an analyst. Mix of behavioral and technical. Basic technicals with emphasis on explaining "why" during walkthrough of DCF. Emphasized capital structure optimization as group in highly technical focused and advises clients & product bankers on complex financial issues.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

applied online, got a Phone interview a couple of weeks later, purely behavioural. Got a second phone interview and was very technical. Was not expecting that level of complexity. overall a good experience, however could have done better with more practice.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Got a call for an inperson interview, then got called in for a superday. Very standard interview, nothing out of ordinary Got a call for an inperson interview, then got called in for a superday. Very standard interview, nothing out of ordinary

Interview Questions

• how many pennies stack up to the empire state building   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

After applying to the graduate program, I received an email asking me to pass a test from home that I would send through email. After passing that, I had a telephone interview and I was invited to pass tests on site and then I had 3 interviews. The people were very nice, not aggressive, they just wanted to get to the heart of the problem and know what my motivations were, was i going to be a reliable worker etc. I had to prove to them that they could count on me, that I was confident, etc. This is the best advice I can give to someone, show them that you are confident and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our company's biggest regulatory threats are at the moment?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online, get a call for interview. interview last 40 minutes. Both behaviour question and technique question. They are nice. talked to everyone in the team. All nice people. fair hardness.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through university career centre and received a phone call to schedule the interview within a week since the deadline and the phone interview was a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever use EV/E, why or why not? When would it be appropriate to use?   1 Answer
    • There are 9 identical balls but one weighs slightly more. You have a scale. What is the most efficient way to figure out which ball weighs more (requires the lowest number of expected readings).   1 Answer
    • How do you calculate EV?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

it was fast and interivewers were always very nice, most questions were behavior, and some technical, the questions can be prepared using online resourses, pay is good, work life balance is not as great. i didn't get the position, but i will try again next year

Interview Questions

• how do you value a company   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

3-4 weeks. Phone interviews with entire team for lateral hire. Spoke with various team members as to their current work and how I would be integrated into the team. They were interested in why I would want to work at JP Morgan and whether I could hit the ground running from day one.

Interview Questions

• Please speak to one of your deals and how did you contribute?   1 Answer

Received a different offer.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and received phone interview after 3 weeks