J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted months later to schedule a phone interview. Had two back-to-back 30 minute phone interviews. They ask mostly character and leadership questions. No real technical questions were asked. Very relaxed and friendly interview. Overall it was a very easy interview. I was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to keep up with current financial events?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Called for a face-to-face interview after 3 months. Told I had got through to the next stage after a few hours. Had assessment centre a week later. Consisted of 45 mins competency interview, 30 mins group discussion and a final 15 minute presentation. told after a week that i was unsuccessful. No feedback provided.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (West Chester, PA (US)).

Interview

Met with 2 different recruiters. Both asked me an array of questions based on both my academic and career record. Both recruiters did give a very vivid explanation of the types of questions that they were going to ask. After the interview was over they told me exactly what to expect in the future and how long it would take them to come to a decision.

Interview Questions

• What is a current event going on right now that you think has a direct impact on financial markets?   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

It was online application and was called for assessment centre, the whole process took about a month. Make sure you prepare well for the case study and research about the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why jp Morgan, why operations? What do you understand about the role, case study presentation, group discussion and reflection interview..   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward process. I had 2 phone interviews and then I was contacted within a week to see if i got an offer or not. I recommend knowing as much as you can about the company and being able to go in depth about your resume.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received e-mail for interview a few weeks later. There were two back to back 30 minute phone interviews. First was behavioral and fairly easy. The second interview was more difficult with more scenario/technical based questions. They wanted to know what you could contribute to a given scenario.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Submit application
    Online Assessments
    Telephonic interview - Why Operations? Why you? Price of commodities. Recent news in Financial Markets.
    Face to face interview - Basically just to determine company fit. Very informal, mostly questions about yourself.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my college careerlinks, got an email to apply on their website then was emailed to choose to come in and interview. The interview was with two people in operations and it was very basic. They asked questions through a sheet that was provided to them by corporate. Questions like, why jp morgan, what is operations, tell me about yourself, who is your favorite leader and how are you like them? They were too busy writing my answers down to even pay attention to how i was saying them or trying to understand what i was saying. They were boring.

Interview Questions

• Traders are sending in their information through excel and mailing them to operations, how can you make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

2 Stage Process. Application and after a month I was invited to the Assessment Centre. There 2 interviews, group exercise and presentation in the assessment centre. The interviews were fairly easy but the group exercise was challenging. I could have done better in the group exercise.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

the process was insightful to the company. be prepared or else prepare to fail. they ask a lot of hard hitting questions. not for laid back people. they ask not only questions of how you will fit well with the company. but questions that apply to the job and extra if they want.