J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with 2 different recruiters. Both asked me an array of questions based on both my academic and career record. Both recruiters did give a very vivid explanation of the types of questions that they were going to ask. After the interview was over they told me exactly what to expect in the future and how long it would take them to come to a decision.

Interview Questions
  • What is a current event going on right now that you think has a direct impact on financial markets?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

It was online application and was called for assessment centre, the whole process took about a month. Make sure you prepare well for the case study and research about the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Why jp Morgan, why operations? What do you understand about the role, case study presentation, group discussion and reflection interview..   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submitted application online. Received e-mail for interview a few weeks later. There were two back to back 30 minute phone interviews. First was behavioral and fairly easy. The second interview was more difficult with more scenario/technical based questions. They wanted to know what you could contribute to a given scenario.

Submit application
    Online Assessments
    Telephonic interview - Why Operations? Why you? Price of commodities. Recent news in Financial Markets.
    Face to face interview - Basically just to determine company fit. Very informal, mostly questions about yourself.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

Submitted my resume through my college careerlinks, got an email to apply on their website then was emailed to choose to come in and interview. The interview was with two people in operations and it was very basic. They asked questions through a sheet that was provided to them by corporate. Questions like, why jp morgan, what is operations, tell me about yourself, who is your favorite leader and how are you like them? They were too busy writing my answers down to even pay attention to how i was saying them or trying to understand what i was saying. They were boring.

Interview Questions
    • Traders are sending in their information through excel and mailing them to operations, how can you make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

2 Stage Process. Application and after a month I was invited to the Assessment Centre. There 2 interviews, group exercise and presentation in the assessment centre. The interviews were fairly easy but the group exercise was challenging. I could have done better in the group exercise.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I was first selected for numerical and verbal assessment test. Just do reasonably ok for the tests and you should go to the next round. Then I received a telephone interview at a pre-scheduled date that was informed to me via email. The interviewer asked these basic interview questions 1) A self-introduction question 2) "Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses" 3) "Why JP Morgan?" 4) "Do you prefer Tech or Ops?" 5) "Anything else to add?"

I received no news after the telephone interview for about a month, and I checked their online portal, I was rejected.

Operations Analyst Interview

First interview was a phone interview that took approximately 30 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Second and third interviews were on-site with two managers from different departments. Lastly, a group activity was performed.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Very easy interview. 2 half-hour sessions. Interviewers were laid back as didn't make you feel like its the end of the world. Asked basic behavioral questions. Stressed leadership and management qualities, as well as ability to work in teams.

Interview Questions
    • Right now traders are record the trades they make by manually entering the data in excel and then mail it to operations department. How would you improve the process?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

started off with an online application, then had a phone interview for 30 minutes. asked me about simple things like why you want to join the company, why operations? after the phone interview, was told the next assessment centre would be in a few months, but i received an email within the next week and was asked to go for an assessment centre. the assessment centre had two face to face interviews as well as presentation and case discussion.

Interview Questions
    • how to raise 1000 dollars in a week (you only have 5 dollars to start off)   Answer Question