J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

Interview Details Gave my contact information initially to a recruiter at my university when they visited for career fair. I received a call only a couple of weeks later with an offer to interview. The interview itself was real laid back, the interviewee became my future upper management. The process itself wasn't too bad, went through one phone interview and two on-location interviews. Application was all done online. Be sure to answer the personality questions thoroughly and consistently. We also had to take an assessment testing our basic math skills. The test itself was not that bad, but it did stump a lot of people who I had recommended the job to.

Interview Question – Describe an instance when you encountered a problem with a customer/client and had to resolve it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't have much to negotiate, as this was the first position I acquired out of college.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Interview Details Two telephone interviews - second one had 'scheduling error' where they called 1 hr 20 mins early and then called back again 20 mins late.

Onsite interview - one tech focused, one behavioral focused, and two more people who had never seen my resume before and told me they weren't very prepared.

Around 7 hours total of interviewing totaling in zero feedback to myself and even to my agent.

Extremely unprofessional. Very rigid HR process as well.

Interview Question – Not too difficult: write singleton class on the whiteboard, big O of searching some data structures, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview Details Got a test where i need to write a Java program with proper unit tests for calculating bowling points.

Interview Question – OO concepts, Core Java questions, Spring, JEE technologies, UI technologies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well, it's standard hiring procedure and I know what to be expected. Do some research before going for negotiation

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Interview Details Simple C# and questions and general questions about my professional background. Nice guy, but my skills were not a match

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details First phone chat with recuriter and then with the team manager.
Then with the whole team including remote team via video conference.
Went very well, but the whole process took about 45 days to get the result.

Interview Question – pure tech and process interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details First round : online test of 50 questions ( so much difficult to crack since we may has upto 3 answers our of 5 with -ve marking ). some how i manged to clear this round with all my exposure i have from past 5 years.
Next Techincal round : iam really have concerns on this round, the way they have conducted interview. I have been waited for 1hour in a meeting room after clearing my written test, then panelist came to take interview.

but i really did not liked the the way they conducted interview process & did not like the way they treated experienced professionals. even small companies are better processes compared to this.

Interview Question – Written test is bit tough.. since we have more than 2 answers out of 5 chioces with -ve marking   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details They seemed anxious to see people demonstrating high-energy or excitement. There were a number of questions & discussions regarding problems and the algoritm to solve.

Interview Question – Write the algorithm to find all possible phone numbers that can be dialed on a standard touch-tine phone keypad when the "next digit" can only be selected from the #'s that are reached by moving as a Chess Knight (over 2 & up/down 1, or over 1 & up/down 2)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.