J.P. Morgan Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jun 2014
Updated 22 Jun 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

I was called for the interview on Saturday May 17th 2014.

There was a huge line of people waiting for clearing the security checks. It took almost an hour for me to get the clearance after all the hic ups i went into interview room.

It was directly one on one discussion with the technical panel.

Panel started interviewing me with basic java question to advanced concepts. It was very challenging to clear this round. Later i was said i might have to join with in a month for which i agreed provided they issue me a offer with in a month. I was called again for another round of interview on May 19th 2014 where the same panel asked me some more java questions.

On the same day I was said i have cleared all the technical rounds and will be receiving a offer letter soon.

Its been more than a month now and am still waiting to receive my offer letter. HR keeps telling me they don't have an update from higher management. I really don't understand how can a HR answer so unreasonably.

They are very unprofessional in there response and time lines. My salary discussion happened after 25 days of telling me that i have cleared the technical rounds.

How long do you expect a candidate to wait for you ?
How long does it take to process a candidature ?
If you are not interested in providing a job why do you give false hope to candidates ?
Its actually a case of of IPC 420 cheating and false hope which i can file in court ?

When they said i have been selected i stopped taking calls from other consultancy and gave a stop for my job hunt. Truly frustrating experience and unreasonable responses received from JPMC.

Guys if you are reading this and going to attend an interview with this company, Give it a thought if they can play so hopelessly with a guy outside company what would be your position when you join them.

Attend the interview for experience but do not join them i tell you they screw up your future plans just by the name of interview.

Being a multi billion $ company you should learn how to handle a candidature in the first place.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between -X and -XX arguments ?
    How do you write a JNI call when the underlying language used is Perl ?
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Two telephone interviews - second one had 'scheduling error' where they called 1 hr 20 mins early and then called back again 20 mins late.

Onsite interview - one tech focused, one behavioral focused, and two more people who had never seen my resume before and told me they weren't very prepared.

Around 7 hours total of interviewing totaling in zero feedback to myself and even to my agent.

Extremely unprofessional. Very rigid HR process as well.

Interview Questions
    • Not too difficult: write singleton class on the whiteboard, big O of searching some data structures, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

Simple C# and questions and general questions about my professional background. Nice guy, but my skills were not a match

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

First round : online test of 50 questions ( so much difficult to crack since we may has upto 3 answers our of 5 with -ve marking ). some how i manged to clear this round with all my exposure i have from past 5 years.
    Next Techincal round : iam really have concerns on this round, the way they have conducted interview. I have been waited for 1hour in a meeting room after clearing my written test, then panelist came to take interview.

but i really did not liked the the way they conducted interview process & did not like the way they treated experienced professionals. even small companies are better processes compared to this.

Interview Questions
    • Written test is bit tough.. since we have more than 2 answers out of 5 chioces with -ve marking   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Got a test where i need to write a Java program with proper unit tests for calculating bowling points.

Interview Questions
    • OO concepts, Core Java questions, Spring, JEE technologies, UI technologies   Answer Question
    Well, it's standard hiring procedure and I know what to be expected. Do some research before going for negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

First phone chat with recuriter and then with the team manager.
    Then with the whole team including remote team via video conference.
    Went very well, but the whole process took about 45 days to get the result.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

They seemed anxious to see people demonstrating high-energy or excitement. There were a number of questions & discussions regarding problems and the algoritm to solve.

Interview Questions
    • Write the algorithm to find all possible phone numbers that can be dialed on a standard touch-tine phone keypad when the "next digit" can only be selected from the #'s that are reached by moving as a Chess Knight (over 2 & up/down 1, or over 1 & up/down 2)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

Gave my contact information initially to a recruiter at my university when they visited for career fair. I received a call only a couple of weeks later with an offer to interview. The interview itself was real laid back, the interviewee became my future upper management. The process itself wasn't too bad, went through one phone interview and two on-location interviews. Application was all done online. Be sure to answer the personality questions thoroughly and consistently. We also had to take an assessment testing our basic math skills. The test itself was not that bad, but it did stump a lot of people who I had recommended the job to.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance when you encountered a problem with a customer/client and had to resolve it.   View Answer
    I didn't have much to negotiate, as this was the first position I acquired out of college.