J.P. Morgan Technology Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

56 interviews

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bournemouth, England (UK)
Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

After filling in the online application I heard back after a month and a half for the first round interviews consisting of technical and competency interviews each of 45 minutes. The competency based interview was about the reasons for applying to JP Morgan and knowing about the leadership and team work skills. The technical interview comprised of the projects I had undertaken in my professional studies and the details I had mentioned in my CV.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Technology Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Initially received contact that I would be having 2 1 on 1 interviews in person but a few days prior to the scheduled date, the interview was changed to phone interviews with a couple of VP's in the technology department. The first was more technical and relatively challenging (this was one of my first interviews) and after going over my resume and some career aspirations, my interviewer asked me to help him determine the a system for creating recommendations for customers based on their past credit card transactions. The second interview was much more behavioral, and it eventually transformed into an interesting discussion on some of the differences between Java and Python. My advice be prepared, but more importantly be confident, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask for it.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Pretty much straightforward. 2x45 minutes interviews. First interview was technical and second one was competency-based. For technical questions, they asked about stuff that interests me and how JPM can benefit from that. In second interview different scenarios were presented and I was asked to deal with those situations. For instance, somebody comes with a proposal for which you would have to make compromises, what would you do?

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of what kind of financial challenges would JPM face, if they were to develop a certain technology.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Application online and super day at their office. Two 30-min long interviews. One more technical and the other more behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you solve a problem that you've never encountered without Google.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Fast forwarded to an assessment centre, which included a technical, and a competency-based interview, as well as a group task. The process was very smooth, and interviewers quite pleasant themselves. However, everything felt completely robotic, impersonal, and one-sided. The interviewers were not allowed to as much as rephrase the questions they were basically reading off a script. Similarly, the group task featured no external involvement whatsoever, and felt like being watched in a zoo.

Interview Questions
    • No real technical questions, just soft stuff, talking about previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Applied online. You have to finish an online attitude test first, pretty much the same with tests in other investment banking companies. The phone interview came around one week later. Questions include self introduction, why this company, expected challenge at work, etc.

Technology Analyst Interview

first round. Describe a team project. How do you solve problems in team.

Technology Analyst Interview

I did my first round interview in the Bournemouth office. One technical interview and one competency interview with motivational questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly and I was not surprised by any question. Ive been invited to the second round interview and assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were expected, no diffcult question.   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

I applied online 3 yrs ago. After finishing the application and online tests, I got a phone interview. After the phone interview, it's 2 onsite interviews with different 2-man panels. I think 1 panel is ppls from HR or other division and they just ask competency questions, the other panel are from technology team and asked a few technical questions. After this round I was invited to the assessment center but failed at AC

Interview Questions
    • The AC consists of 2 parts: a case study/presentation and a group discussion. The case study is ok but you have to prepare hand-written slides. The group discussion is where I think I screwed up.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I did a first round on campus interview at my university. The interview was about an hour long and the interviewer covered basic behavioral and technical questions.

I couple days got called back for Super Day, the final round interview, for an App Developer role. The interview was supposed to be 2 one-on-one interviews and a presentation. It ended up being 1 one-on-one interview and 1 presentation. The one-on-one interview was technical. He asked a couple questions about my resume. He only asked questions about C and SQL since I emphasized my strength in those languages. The questions were easy and basic. The presentation was in front of 2 people. We weren't allowed to bring any slides or presentation materials with us, but we were allowed to write on a white board. I draw a couple diagrams and talked about a project I had done. The interviewers seemed genuinely interested in what I was presenting and were very friendly.

Overall, the interview went very well and everyone was very nice.

The day after my final round interviews, the recruiter called me to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!