JELD-WEN

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at JELD-WEN

Interview Details 1 interview and offered position

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to make a difficult decision that your co-workers did not agree with   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Security Analyst
Klamath Falls, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview Details 1. Interview by recruiter via manpower (Jeld-Wen's contracted recruiting partner) 2. Personality test online 3. Interview by supervisor on-site at Jeld-Wen

The interview by the supervisor was poorly executed. The agreed upon call time was missed two times in a row by the supervisor. Once on the phone and interviewing it felt like I was being interviewed for a similarly titled job with a much different description than the position I had applied for. The process felt unorganized and wasteful of an applicants time.

Interview Question – Specific technical questions about how to fix and IT problem without any insight to their systems or structure.   Answer Question

Special Order Door Assembler Interview

Special Order Door Assembler
Chiloquin, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview Details There wasn't much of an interview, they don't hire internally they hire through a temp to hire company. They mainly hire people at a bottom level and weed people on the production lines. If you can pee in a cup and stack doors you'll probably get hired on full time.

Interview Question – There weren't a lot of questions when I get called in. When I did get hired on full time though they do make you do a personality test and a basic fractions and math test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none since it was through a temp agency.

Regional Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview Details Must have experience in the millwork industry.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at JELD-WEN

Interview Details people in the plant are often over looked

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview Details Three step process of skills test, personality and integrity test and in person interview

Interview Question – The integrity test surprised me it's hard to imagine that could give you an accurate look at how much integrity a person has.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview Details Personal Interview with Regional Manager after a "qualifying" phone call from a recruiter

Interview Question – Are you passionate about doors and windows?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no wiggle room on negotiation of Salary. Moving allowance can be negotiated a bit.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Klamath Falls, OR (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2011.

Interview Details The interview process went on with couple of phone interview. It was initially supposed to be onsite interview but they gave an offer without calling onsite. There was normal English/Aptitude test.

Reason for Declining – I was suspicious about the offer since no onsite interview and did bit research online and had better option.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Klamath Falls, OR (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2011.

Interview Details The process consisted on an initial telephone call, followed by a telephonic interview, mostly non-technical stuff. I was told there would be two more rounds, an online personality test which I took ultimately and an on site interview, which never happened. They offered me the job without an onsite interview.

Interview Question – Describe your current duties.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better option.

Dealer Sales Representative Interview

Dealer Sales Representative

The process took 3 days - interviewed at JELD-WEN in June 2009.

Interview Details I was first contacted by the HR rep and had a telephone interview. After that was finished, it was about two week before someone contacted me. The human resource person then had me interview with a regional manager. After that, I had to take a skills test and an online personality test.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to face adversity and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Worked for JELD-WEN? Contribute to the Community!