JELD-WEN Interview Questions

Updated 6 Feb 2015

2.2

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

in house interview with 3 people. On site interview. Not very professional. Did not feel at ease. Short interview. Did not feel good about the company or job. Would not work there.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at JELD-WEN (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter, then GM (site visit), then two VP's. Process took a few weeks start to finish. Really not bad at all for an international company. Very positive impression of site manager and staff. Just not the right time for this particular move. Nothing negative about the interview or the company. I believe they are sincere about turning the business around and treating their people professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style   1 Answer

Personal decision based on other offers closer to existing home. Thought I was ready to uproot but I need a few more years to make that career move when both kids are in college.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

Had the first interview with a recruiter. After about a week had a phone interview with the engineering director. After a month I was flown in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was about 5 hours with directors and engineers at the Klamath Falls facility. The interview ended with lunch with the engineering team that I would be placed on. The company called me over a month later and told me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of the most difficult engineering project you were a part of.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Went through the internship program. They interviewed after and then received the job offer. Training after was week long with the boss and then you are on your own. It was not difficult getting the job and I would describe the process as being easy.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, just asked about past experience.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

No structure in questioning, responsibilies were never clear once hired. Interview and company appears inpressive on first impression, new hires given little direction, company like to drug test, and random drug test.

Negotiation

Poor, company is rebounding from home-building industry downturn, could not meet the area's industry match. Negotiated 2,000 more annually.

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Interview

1 interview and offered position

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to make a difficult decision that your co-workers did not agree with   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at JELD-WEN (Klamath Falls, OR (US)).

Interview

1. Interview by recruiter via manpower (Jeld-Wen's contracted recruiting partner) 2. Personality test online 3. Interview by supervisor on-site at Jeld-Wen

The interview by the supervisor was poorly executed. The agreed upon call time was missed two times in a row by the supervisor. Once on the phone and interviewing it felt like I was being interviewed for a similarly titled job with a much different description than the position I had applied for. The process felt unorganized and wasteful of an applicants time.

Interview Questions

• Specific technical questions about how to fix and IT problem without any insight to their systems or structure.   Answer Question

Special Order Door Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiloquin, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at JELD-WEN (Chiloquin, OR (US)).

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview, they don't hire internally they hire through a temp to hire company. They mainly hire people at a bottom level and weed people on the production lines. If you can pee in a cup and stack doors you'll probably get hired on full time.

Interview Questions

• There weren't a lot of questions when I get called in. When I did get hired on full time though they do make you do a personality test and a basic fractions and math test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none since it was through a temp agency.

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

Must have experience in the millwork industry.

Manager Interview

Interview

people in the plant are often over looked