Jacobs Interview Questions

2.6

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in July 2011.

Began with a simple phone interview with small behavioral questions and questions about the company. The panel interview follow approximately 4 weeks later, where it was extremely difficult to receive progress updates as well as organize an interview date.

The interview consisted of the HR Manager, Chief Process Engineer and a Graduate Student. The interview lasted for 1 hour and consisted of detailed behavioral questions ranging from team to leadership roles and situations.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with a bad teammate and how did you approach this.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you saw something unsafe, and how did you react to this.   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs.

Three part interview. Step one, panel interview with the local office principals and management team. Step two, interview with the intended department management team. Step three, casual lunch with members of the intended department in similar positions.

Interview Questions
    • Pertained to a project for which the work I conducted under ineffective senior management, and the details about which I was unprepared to tactfully but genuinely describe.   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in March 2013.

In-person interview with group/panel. There weren't any surprising questions. The process was involved, but not exhausting. It got repetitious with employees coming and going to ask questions, but I didn't find the process unpleasant. The process was actually very welcoming and warm...warmer than any other interview that I've done.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Jacobs in February 2014.

First I had a quick telephone interview. Next I had a face to face interview with the recruiter and manager for HR. The recruiter was friendly, asked behavioral questions but the manager was a nightmare. The manager just kept grilling questions and did not listen, I guess that was her style. I would not accept the offer if I had been offered a job, working for an HR dictator would be miserable.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

I had a phone interview and then onsite interview with key personnel to talk about industry background and how my experiences would fit to the consultancy work done. The process was intriguing based on the conceptual work, and the components of advisory work the office is looking for.. technical + soft peoples skill analyzing on a macro level

pegged against current compensation + 30% raise

Systems Administrator Interview

I was first contacted and set up a telephonic interview. The interview was successful. They called back after they recieved funding. I then did another telephonic interview. I had to send in my resume and apply again. The overall process was long, but was fairly easy. They only had parttime so I declined.

Offered only parttime.

Field Tech Interview

Questions by three people and answers were given. Job is one I am over qualified and they didn't deny that, but did not reward either. They all took time to ask questions one by one until they were done. all were outgoing and it was a fun interview, we spoke of me and them as well as the job here and there.

I tried and they were hard headed

Intern Interview

3 Engineers Conducting Interview, asked typical interview questions as they ran through my resume. This interview was with the transportation division. They wanted to hire someone who was a dedicated transportation engineer.

Construction Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Initiated with a couple of informal phone interviews which resulted in a face to face at the main office. The process was relatively simply and straight forward. The process was a positive experience. There was a quick offer after the face to face interview and an immediate response was requested. The process was efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward and to the point. There were not any of the ridiculous "if you were an animal what would you be" questions. We discussed the position, my experience and leadership style. Everything was relevant to the program and position.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was limited due to the position and available budget. A counteroffer of was presented and accepted. Information regarding benefits was not made available upon request. It was not refused just overlooked and I did not press the issue as it was a minor factor in evaluation of the offer.

Procurement Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Jacobs.

the interviewing process was great. it wasn't the typical questions asked. the questions asked were relevant to whether or not i could do the job i was being hired for

by me being a contractor, there is a set rate no negotiations

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!