Jacobs

Updated 28 Feb 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in July 2011.

Began with a simple phone interview with small behavioral questions and questions about the company. The panel interview follow approximately 4 weeks later, where it was extremely difficult to receive progress updates as well as organize an interview date.

The interview consisted of the HR Manager, Chief Process Engineer and a Graduate Student. The interview lasted for 1 hour and consisted of detailed behavioral questions ranging from team to leadership roles and situations.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with a bad teammate and how did you approach this.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you saw something unsafe, and how did you react to this.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jacobs.

The Whole process Started with an aptitude test followed by a technical test. After elimination based on these scores, the second stage, Group discussion was held. Some more people were removed and he short listed were taken for Personal interview. There were 4 interview taking places simultaneously by 4 different people. Some had very difficult technical questions but were selected, whereas others had easier questions and not necessarily selected.

Interview Questions
    • Everything on your C.V. was asked in detail. Also your technical strength on subjects like TOM, SOM, Design were tested.   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

I applied around Feb and interviewed in March. They took three weeks to respond with an offer. The interview was 6 hours long. The HR department was in contact within 3 weeks to inform me it would be another 2 weeks. They called 1 week later and made an offer. There was no negotiation

There was no negotiation

Senior Structural Engineer - Oakland Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview was arranged via an ad on the SEAONC job board. In person interview was over two hours long. The interviewers never asked me any question about my total engineering background. They believe that the projects you worked on 14 years ago make you the engineer you are today. I had other more relevant projects that benefitted the organization than those fro 14 years ago. No technical questions were asked to test the applicants. I felt humilted because they personally attacked me over my work history. The office said they had lots of people working there yet the cubicles were not even furnished.

Interview Questions
    • There were NO unexpected questions. There were difficult questions that were more like personal attacks.   Answer Question

Site Acquisition Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Jacobs.

Clear and concise, good description of the position and activities. Met with HR Manager and then Project Manager. Described expectations and future opportunities very clearly. Good interaction about why the position is a good fit with my background and experience in other fields

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle high pressure situations?   View Answer
    Specific and informative

Creative Specialist Interview

Contacted via email; and it turned out to be a surprise group interview with all the team members where you need to show your portfolio and talk about yourself. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. They ask you many questions about your skills and background to get an idea. They will also assess your personality during the interview so please appear positive and professional. In addition, the dress code is business formal- business casual but please dress conservatively.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs in December 2014.

1st: I applied on their career website.
    2nd: I received a phone call asking if I am available for a face-to-face interview.
    3rd: Interview day. There were 5 candidates and first we had a presentation about the company given by a member of Jacobs. Then there was a group exercise where we had to discuss about the challenges for civil engineers in the future. Last stage was a face-to-face interview lasting 1 hour. The interviewer asked me some competency based questions and a technical question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question - They showed me a highway section drawing and asked me to describe all documents are necessary in the design process.   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Water/Wastewater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in December 2014.

I was contacted after 2 weeks from my application date. They wanted me for a two hour Interview including company overview, group exercise and finally Interviewed by two persons. The one was principal engineer and the other was senior engineer. The group exercise was not difficult. Four persons we had to answer to question: "Describe the major challenges the engineers have to face in the next years to come". Each candidate was assessed for a different role which was very good to hear. This made me relax since only I did not have to compete with the others.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you have been initiative?
      Tell us about a time you had to meet a deadline. Have you ever missed a deadline?
      What do you know about electric pumbs?

Finally I had to go through a test which was very easy. It was just measuring some distances on a drawing and they wanted to see if I could perform unit conversions without using calculator.

Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Was contacted for an interview by a recruiter. They sent up an in-person "screen" with the Hiring Manager. They were flexible with the time. Turned into a 2 hour interview. Never heard back from them again despite numerous attempted follow-ups with them.

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jacobs in November 2014.

I met with Jacobs at a school career fair and handed in a resume. They later contacted me for an interview. The interview was very conversational, and was around 2 and a half hours long. I interviewed with five people: first session with one, second with two, third with two.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a very broad spectrum of questions. Mostly reviewing your resume, and experience. No technical questions. They were all very nice people, none were awkward, they just want to get a feel for who you are and what you're capable of.   Answer Question