Jacobs Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in July 2011.

Began with a simple phone interview with small behavioral questions and questions about the company. The panel interview follow approximately 4 weeks later, where it was extremely difficult to receive progress updates as well as organize an interview date.

The interview consisted of the HR Manager, Chief Process Engineer and a Graduate Student. The interview lasted for 1 hour and consisted of detailed behavioral questions ranging from team to leadership roles and situations.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with a bad teammate and how did you approach this.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you saw something unsafe, and how did you react to this.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Jacobs in February 2014.

First I had a quick telephone interview. Next I had a face to face interview with the recruiter and manager for HR. The recruiter was friendly, asked behavioral questions but the manager was a nightmare. The manager just kept grilling questions and did not listen, I guess that was her style. I would not accept the offer if I had been offered a job, working for an HR dictator would be miserable.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

I had a phone interview and then onsite interview with key personnel to talk about industry background and how my experiences would fit to the consultancy work done. The process was intriguing based on the conceptual work, and the components of advisory work the office is looking for.. technical + soft peoples skill analyzing on a macro level

pegged against current compensation + 30% raise

Systems Administrator Interview

I was first contacted and set up a telephonic interview. The interview was successful. They called back after they recieved funding. I then did another telephonic interview. I had to send in my resume and apply again. The overall process was long, but was fairly easy. They only had parttime so I declined.

Offered only parttime.

Field Tech Interview

Questions by three people and answers were given. Job is one I am over qualified and they didn't deny that, but did not reward either. They all took time to ask questions one by one until they were done. all were outgoing and it was a fun interview, we spoke of me and them as well as the job here and there.

I tried and they were hard headed

Intern Interview

3 Engineers Conducting Interview, asked typical interview questions as they ran through my resume. This interview was with the transportation division. They wanted to hire someone who was a dedicated transportation engineer.

Construction Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Initiated with a couple of informal phone interviews which resulted in a face to face at the main office. The process was relatively simply and straight forward. The process was a positive experience. There was a quick offer after the face to face interview and an immediate response was requested. The process was efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward and to the point. There were not any of the ridiculous "if you were an animal what would you be" questions. We discussed the position, my experience and leadership style. Everything was relevant to the program and position.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was limited due to the position and available budget. A counteroffer of was presented and accepted. Information regarding benefits was not made available upon request. It was not refused just overlooked and I did not press the issue as it was a minor factor in evaluation of the offer.

Procurement Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Jacobs.

the interviewing process was great. it wasn't the typical questions asked. the questions asked were relevant to whether or not i could do the job i was being hired for

by me being a contractor, there is a set rate no negotiations

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Jacobs.

I was contacted via phone to interview and interviewed with two managers. I did not realize until they told me they were hiring two people for the same position. It was a basic interview just discussing my experience and skills and a bit about the work.

Interview Questions

It was the same as I was currently making. Initial offer was entry level but manager got budget raised. While appreciated, it didn't make sense for me to accept.

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Applied online and received a phone call to set up interview about 2 weeks later. Went in for interview with HR manager and two others for panel interview. Received notification of offer via phone then actual offer letter via email within 1 week. Got start date within 1 month and filled out several papers prior to orientation. Had to go to medical onsite prior to getting authorization to proceed to work area.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult. Major focus on safety and knowledge of Jacob's Safety program on website.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Set salary (take it or leave it)

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!