Jacobs Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.6

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Sydney) in March 2015.

Interview

I launched the online application though company website. After around 3 weeks, received notification for video interview on vieple. it consisted 4 questions.secondly, panel interview, thirdly background check. Lastly, reference check

Interview Questions

• how you know about jacobs, what position are you applying for and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Melbourne) in July 2011.

Interview

Began with a simple phone interview with small behavioral questions and questions about the company. The panel interview follow approximately 4 weeks later, where it was extremely difficult to receive progress updates as well as organize an interview date.

The interview consisted of the HR Manager, Chief Process Engineer and a Graduate Student. The interview lasted for 1 hour and consisted of detailed behavioral questions ranging from team to leadership roles and situations.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a bad teammate and how did you approach this.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you saw something unsafe, and how did you react to this.   Answer Question

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

First you do a phone interview. Next, you get called in and talk to the hiring managers. After, you will speak with 4-5 fellow engineers individually and they will ask you about anything from school to work experience to your work ethic in general. Very nice and professional people and they want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What was your senior project about and how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Kingsport, TN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview hasn't happened yet but I will repost as I am only doing this to find out what kind of salary to expect when the offer comes to me. I really want to know what to expect when I get to the interview and I don't want to be blindsided by anything they throw at me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm having the interview today and I love using glassdoor because it helps me know what to expect when I get in the room with a potential employer.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Done over skype by two people in a friendly way but followed a procedure. They are very big on safety in Jacobs and asked how planned/considered my safety in day to day. Also asked a few technical questions and how i would go about designing a large building

Interview Questions

• big on safety, my past experience and where I saw myself in 5 years   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

I was overqualified for the position and came through a consulting firm, so not many questions. Rather I was told what I would be doing and when I should start. If you know someone internal with some hiring authority you journey is smooth and simple, probably one step or no step process.

Process Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

Very relaxed and straight forward. I interviewed with 4 current employees of varying levels in the company. Getting to speak in a somewhat informal manner with a vp helped me learn a great deal about the company and what to expect.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview

They were getting to know me. They asked me about my past experience and classes. They also asked how did I hear about the company and why I wanted to intern there.

Graduate Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Applied online in mid-February
    2. Received a phone call from HR asking if I was still interested in the position and an invite to an assessment day in London.
    3. Assessment Day: Short presentation about Jacobs and what they do, a group discussion on factors affecting the industry, numerical test and short report writing exercise and finally a separate interview with two Jacobs employees. (Some competency Q's followed by what I knew about the company/industry and some technical Q's too)

Interview Questions

• What would you have to consider for a new station development?
      Where does funding come from?

Answer Question

Data Acquisition and Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jacobs (Murfreesboro, TN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a really nice short interview plus a tour . You have to dress professional and bring some evidence of your past work or jobs plus you should be able to well describe them or answer any question related to them .of course dress professionally and be on time