James Hardie

Updated 8 Sep 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at James Hardie in June 2014.

Applied for the position and in 3 weeks got a phone screen by a gentleman in Chicago, a week later I was told to perform a video interview. 2 weeks later I had a in lunch meeting with the department chair and engineering manager. a week later I was brought in with 2 other interviewees. No hard questions, mostly interested in hours worked, previous project management stories, and activities outside of work. A week later I was approached about my expected salary (15% more than current), and asked if that was negotiable. I told them give me an offer and it was 6% LESS than I was making.

Interview Questions

The salary was lower than what I was currently making. Location was in a slum of the Inland Empire. Personnel was rude and imposing.

Building Science (Entry Level Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at James Hardie in November 2012.

1. Zone Manager - Phone Interview
    2. Research Team head - Phone Interview
    3. Building Science Head - Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • a) Based on my research and my project work.
       b) Knowledge about Green building incentive plans
       c) What do u know about the company
       d) What kind of software do u know
       e) ASHRAE Standards
       f) Energy Auditing related questions
       g) Why James Hardie
       h) What is that one thing that you would want to change in our company
       i) What is that one thing that you couldn't find in our website and you want us to answer for you?
        Answer Question

R&D Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA (US)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at James Hardie in June 2012.

I was called in for a general interview. It consisted of general questions such as personality, decisions, future, etc.. They forwarded my file to the main hiring manager and one of the senior scientists. They had a panel phone interview and asked questions regarding my background in the sciences.

Interview Questions
    • What instrumentations are you familiar or experienced with?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your research and previous laboratory experiences.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at James Hardie in May 2010.

People were dressed very unprofessionally. Some interviewers spoke broken English and were hard to understand. Seemed to care a lot about the hours you spend at work.